Pages: 1 ... 425 426 427 [428] 429 430 431 ... 1230   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4413308 times)
Skinny Pete

« Reply #6405 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 14:40:23 »

Fuck me, does that warrant a news story
Panda Paws

« Reply #6406 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 16:28:06 »

The modern scurge of inifinite (to all intents and purposes) space for the media online.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #6407 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2015, 14:25:10 »

Don't think he'll be staying at Barnsley

'Smith is fascinating to watch. Every ball, whether it be in the air or to feet, bounces off him at the most extraordinary angles and out of play/to an opposition player. He also contrives to win as little as possible in the air despite being 6ft 4in. I also don't think I've seen him have a shot yet. Going to be one of the worst "forwards" we've ever had at this rate.'
Honest Lee

We are going up ! (sometime)

Ignore
« Reply #6408 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2015, 14:57:08 »

'Smith is fascinating to watch. Every ball, whether it be in the air or to feet, bounces off him at the most extraordinary angles and out of play/to an opposition player. He also contrives to win as little as possible in the air despite being 6ft 4in. I also don't think I've seen him have a shot yet. Going to be one of the worst "forwards" we've ever had at this rate.'

Pretty accurate reporting though.
Even a goal against Shitty can't make up for the rest !

The only thing that ever matters is to love and to be loved.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6409 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2015, 15:00:59 »

Its a bit shit for us though. No Smith sale, no chance of keeping Thomas.

I'm not Chang, but that's how I'd read it.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6410 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2015, 15:10:50 »

Sounds a lot like Keith Scott to me...
Skinny Pete

« Reply #6411 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2015, 15:25:40 »

But Keith Scott scored for us at Anfield.

Even through the boozy haze I remember that
Skinny Pete

« Reply #6412 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2015, 15:30:14 »

Pretty accurate reporting though.
Even a goal against Shitty can't make up for the rest !
And the 2 against Blades?

And the other 15 or 16 last season?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6413 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2015, 15:48:39 »

And the 2 against Blades?

And the other 15 or 16 last season?

If we had a focused Michael Smith playing for us, this season we wouldn't currently be in this shit. Probably our best performance of the season was away at Southend, certainly the only clean sheet....one of Michael's last games for us.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #6414 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2015, 16:10:18 »

I'm in the minority I know, but I think that there is a very good Lge 1 striker in Michael Smith, unfortunately lack of confidence (from the whole team) along with him being the next scapegoat, and the fact that he wants to move North means that it probably ain't gonna work for him now though..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Honest Lee

We are going up ! (sometime)

Ignore
« Reply #6415 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2015, 16:18:09 »

I'm in the minority I know, but I think that there is a very good Lge 1 striker in Michael Smith, unfortunately lack of confidence (from the whole team) along with him being the next scapegoat, and the fact that he wants to move North means that it probably ain't gonna work for him now though..

But he is oop north , and still playing like a plank (allegedly)

The only thing that ever matters is to love and to be loved.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #6416 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2015, 16:47:47 »

But he is oop north , and still playing like a plank (allegedly)

I don't think that is the reason why he is playing bad though, I think we already broke him over the last 6 months before his move oop north.  When he first came in he looked decent.  His town career has gone a lot like Andy Williams, without the injury.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6417 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2015, 17:01:48 »

I don't think that is the reason why he is playing bad though, I think we already broke him over the last 6 months before his move oop north.  When he first came in he looked decent.  His town career has gone a lot like Andy Williams, without the injury.

Mighty Mike scored 15 league goals for us last season, Wes Thomas has only bettered that once some 5 years ago at Cheltnum.  In recent years he goes out on loan plays a handful of games, scores a few then is injured,.....those relying on Wes being the man to keep us up are likely to disappointed.

It's not just about the goals, it's also closing down, link up play and defending corners etc and being on the pitch more often than not.

Many of our more mongular fans expect something like a Didier Drogba....if Smith had just that bit extra in terms of touch etc, he'd be playing higher than Div 3.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #6418 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2015, 19:24:47 »

Mighty Mike scored 15 league goals for us last season, Wes Thomas has only bettered that once some 5 years ago at Cheltnum.  In recent years he goes out on loan plays a handful of games, scores a few then is injured,.....those relying on Wes being the man to keep us up are likely to disappointed.

It's not just about the goals, it's also closing down, link up play and defending corners etc and being on the pitch more often than not.

Many of our more mongular fans expect something like a Didier Drogba....if Smith had just that bit extra in terms of touch etc, he'd be playing higher than Div 3.
Smith, Andy Williams and Obika were all playing well until January when someone (Cooper or Luke Williams) started playing Tinkerman and going one upfront and experimenting with 6 in midfield.

Can see Michael Smith back here in January
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #6419 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2015, 21:27:20 »

But Keith Scott scored for us at Anfield.

Even through the boozy haze I remember that

Did he really? I went to that but have no idea who scored for us. In my defence I was in a nightclub in Preston until 4am that morning.
Pages: 1 ... 425 426 427 [428] 429 430 431 ... 1230   Go Up
Print
Jump to: