Pages: 1 ... 988 989 990 [991] 992 993 994 ... 1225   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4355511 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #14850 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 12:42:42 »

I’d be happy enough with Davison. If the new fella likes a nippy striker alongside him - even better.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #14851 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 12:42:57 »

100%.

Its been edging this way a lot recently, anyone with a differing opinion gets shouted down instantly, a lack of tolerance that seems to be shortening weekly.

No it fucking hasn't, dickhead
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #14852 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 12:47:09 »

100%.

Its been edging this way a lot recently, anyone with a differing opinion gets shouted down instantly, a lack of tolerance that seems to be shortening weekly.
I think people just get frustrated with people telling people all sorts of stuff about cuts and ownership issues posting stuff about hidden debts etc without any substance. You only have to look at that day when on the same day we had people saying that there were cuts and chorley was going to charlton  then the hidden debts and campbell rumour came out there was uproar on twitter. All from posts on here and twitter that have so far been proved to be true
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #14853 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 12:56:35 »

No it fucking hasn't, dickhead
Arse biscuits!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #14854 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 13:33:27 »

I think people just get frustrated with people telling people all sorts of stuff about cuts and ownership issues posting stuff about hidden debts etc without any substance. You only have to look at that day when on the same day we had people saying that there were cuts and chorley was going to charlton  then the hidden debts and campbell rumour came out there was uproar on twitter. All from posts on here and twitter that have so far been proved to be true

I am going to refer back to my previous outdated post to avoid repeating myself

People just need to calm down and take a breath - it's not like we haven't been in similar situations before.  The last 10-15 pages have used up our quota of 80% bollocks for next season already, it ends up just going around in circles.

The things we know based on official sources from the club:
Chorley is leaving
The budget is not being reduced
There is no additional hidden debt (at this point)
Sol Campbell is not on the list of potential candidates for new manager (if one is needed)
Graham Rix rumour was a very successful troll

The things we have enough information about to know that there is probably some truth in it:
Garner has been in discussion with CA about potentially taking the Managers role there

That is it really.  As fans, talking about it on here is healthy and needed given the lack of official information coming out of the club at the moment (due to Holidays) but everybody just needs to chill out and trust that Clem is working on a way forward as he stated in the press release - nothing more we can do.

As far as ITKers go - you can't ask "where are all the ITKers when you need them" and then when they pop up, complain when they get things wrong or can't divulge more info, it's all a game of listening to the ITKers you trust.  I trust certain posters on here because I believe that they do have the inside track and say what they can, Jan is one of those.  Others I talk with off forum.  When a poster comes on that I don't recognise stating things as fact, i take it with a pinch of salt until I get more infomration to convince me that it might be true.

Let's not be Twitter, you are all better than that people Cheesy

For me, i roll my eyes more about the posters constantly having a pop at the so called ITKers or deriding them for their views, as they are just that, views.  We either have 10 pages of posters shouting so called ITKers down, or 10 pages of people regurgitating the little information that has been released or complaining about the lack of information/announcement - and a lot of the time it turns from chinese whispers in to what some state as the truth.

I personally would rather read what people think/have heard/think they know (without the castigation), than 10 pages of "anyone for a 5pm announcement" "what the fuck are the club playing at" "I just wish they would get on with it" on rinse and repeat.

But maybe that is just me.

I have said it before, but there are times when i am ITK about something, and i share that with mates, but I wouldn't post it on here, because it is just not worth it.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #14855 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 13:48:54 »

Yes. Some very foolish people on here. Not sure if they are trolling, or whether they really are muckle draggers! But, if you keep deriding people for posting snippets that they may have heard, then they won't post it any more. Then those people who want to read rumours won't be able to.

Personally, I just read stuff, look to see if I can find it corroborated elsewhere, then internalise it. Work out whether I think it's true or not, whether it would be good or bad imho and then wait.

I work on the 25/85% model. From some people 85% is bollocks and others 25%.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #14856 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 14:40:14 »

100%.

Sadly it seems the to be heading the same way in the “real” world too.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #14857 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 15:47:02 »

It's nothing new whatsoever tbh there have been people on here for years giving snippets and getting shouted down for it, Agree if it gets personal then yeah out of order but if you are going to post on a forum things you have heard without really backing it up then i think you can expect to have people call you out
adje

Ignore
« Reply #14858 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 16:18:52 »

Sadly it seems the to be heading the same way in the “real” world too.
Very much so. Oh,and another👍for Davo(as I like to call him)

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #14859 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 16:45:43 »

I saw a lot of good in Davison and would love him back. He had a better touch than Simpson and was tougher to manhandle by ruffian CBs.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14860 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 16:50:10 »

a better touch than Simpson?!

trampoline boots!
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #14861 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 16:52:19 »

I thought both had a poor touch, but Josh’s worked more often

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #14862 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 16:53:06 »

I saw a lot of good in Davison and would love him back. He had a better touch than Simpson.
Oh come on that’s blatantly not true!
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #14863 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 16:54:15 »

With the new TD in place, will it depend on whether Davison’s data profile meets the blueprint, particularly as the new HC would be unlikely to know Davison too?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #14864 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 18:38:37 »

I am going to refer back to my previous outdated post to avoid repeating myself

For me, i roll my eyes more about the posters constantly having a pop at the so called ITKers or deriding them for their views, as they are just that, views.  We either have 10 pages of posters shouting so called ITKers down, or 10 pages of people regurgitating the little information that has been released or complaining about the lack of information/announcement - and a lot of the time it turns from chinese whispers in to what some state as the truth.

I personally would rather read what people think/have heard/think they know (without the castigation), than 10 pages of "anyone for a 5pm announcement" "what the fuck are the club playing at" "I just wish they would get on with it" on rinse and repeat.

But maybe that is just me.

I have said it before, but there are times when i am ITK about something, and i share that with mates, but I wouldn't post it on here, because it is just not worth it.

Spot on.
When you are told things in confidence it remains in confidence.
I trust one or two on here that have earned that trust. It’s reciprocal.
Pages: 1 ... 988 989 990 [991] 992 993 994 ... 1225   Go Up
Print
Jump to: