Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Moonraker Website  (Read 5861 times)
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, August 16, 2024, 14:27:49 »

We've rolled out some updates today which will, in theory, dilute the number of times you're being asked to log in quite considerably. Please let me know if - after the next time you sign back in - your experiences don't change over the next couple of days. And thank you again for the feedback, really useful (and the kind messages too)

I got a message pop up saying your session has expired (signed in), then closed and opened again it kept me signed in.
Boydy

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, August 16, 2024, 17:08:51 »

I'm starting to suspect this whole endeavour is purely to give Sam somewhere to rant about steaming puddles of piss. 
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2024, 19:15:03 »

Another good opinion piece by Sam which I think most of us on here will agree with.
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2024, 19:32:28 »

Evening. How have those timeout errors been over recent days?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2024, 20:50:34 »

I haven't had any.

Ps - what do you think of a members only forum on here to discuss your articles? Not sure how we'd verify forum users to subscribers though
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2024, 20:54:30 »

I haven't had any.

Ps - what do you think of a members only forum on here to discuss your articles? Not sure how we'd verify forum users to subscribers though

I'm happy in principle, but obvs can't do much GDPR-wise to verify who is and who isn't a member. I'd be happy for the forum to discuss stuff in general, without posting entire article texts
Kaufman

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2024, 08:24:10 »

Loads better on both devices here.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, August 29, 2024, 14:05:01 »

Should it log me out on my phone, if I access the site on my laptop?

Basically every time I go back to the site on my phone I have to log in again if I have viewed the site on my laptop
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, August 29, 2024, 14:11:14 »

I always have to log back in between sessions on my phone anyway (i.e. if I close Chrome then go back another time).
Quagmire

Arthur Fouler

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, August 29, 2024, 14:13:05 »

I always have to log back in between sessions on my phone anyway (i.e. if I close Chrome then go back another time).

Yeah. I’m still having to do this. Bloody annoying.
Boydy

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, August 29, 2024, 14:34:40 »

I've found I have to login in again each time. Whether that's 1 hour or 24 doesn't make a difference.
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, August 29, 2024, 15:13:48 »

Hi all,
Thanks for the ongoing feedback, and my apologies to those of you still experiencing frustrating issues. We are continuing to work on this to try and make the general UX as good as it can be. As a very new product, built from scratch, we were expecting some teething problems, but that does not take away from the negative UX.
Please bear with us as we address each of these issues. And I may be in touch with you directly to figure out what's going on.
Sam
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, August 29, 2024, 15:28:17 »

Do you have any plans for comments sections at some point Sam? I know they do tend to be quite toxic, but considering it's a members only site anyway, it might be better? I was just thinking about it when reading your "we need to have a conversation about STFC" opinion piece - which is tricky, when there's no real forum for the conversation to take place!

Login wise I'd say it was better, but definitely nothing like a week or whatever it was for the token to expire - it goes pretty much every time I start a new browsing session.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: