Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The 'Summer' of Cricket thread 2013  (Read 139334 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #840 on: Monday, September 9, 2013, 17:34:48 »

A lot of very talented cricketers have been total gobshites, let's be honest.

On the domestic front, Somerset are currently fucking up the semi final of the YB40 against Notts. that, along with missing out on finals day and looking likely to be relegated from the CC is a bit of a nightmare. I hoped we'd stop finishing second, but this isn't quite what I had in mind.

Good point.

I've written this one off before the start...don't know what's happpened this season, but it really has turned to shit.  I thought Compton would be off, but he's signed a new contract, although I assume Buttler will be gone.

There's still a lot of talent in the Somerset squad....probably time to put Tresco out to pasture and regroup for next season under a new leader.
REDBUCK

« Reply #841 on: Monday, September 9, 2013, 19:51:23 »

I agree Reg, Marcus bless him seems to have lost his way and also his captaincy is a bit one dimensional at times, he seems very reluctant to experiment at all.

Tonight J. Overton didn't come on until it was too late and the Indian spinner didn't bowl at all.

The so called batting talent, talked about for years at Somerset,  have all decided to have the season off especially in the CC. Even in the one dayers they've only squeaked through. Bit like Swindon under Wilson, they haven't been able to stop the rot.

Big changes over the winter I reckon.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #842 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 12:22:43 »

Is Tresco retiring at end of season or have I made that one up?

Also, a good read on that article with Kevin Iles Reg found...still a great player even at 51! In his competition this season went to watch Goatacre and they needed 23 off last over, and even with Iles hitting the last 3 balls for 6 they lost by 1 run...unfortunate!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #843 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 12:32:31 »

Is Tresco retiring at end of season or have I made that one up?

I've seen nothing about it, maybe he'll wait to see if Somerset stay up...it's a shame, because it's been a case of so near yet so far, it all started to go wrong 1st game when Tresco batted on too long allowing Warwickshire off the hook, abetted by a terrible decision from Nick Cook, which would have ensured victory if given correctly.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #844 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 12:37:53 »

I havent seen anythign about Tresco retiring.

Compton agreed to join Warks didnt he a few weeks back? Buttler is also out of contract and I suspect will leave.

Somerset will be left with a very young side including the likes of Meschede, Gregory and the Overton twins and unless the recruit well in the summer could be looking at a spell in Div 2 for a while.

I imagine they will be desperate to try and get another season out of Tresco even if he doesnt play all the formats.
DMR

« Reply #845 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 13:42:36 »

I think Compton and Buttler have both signed to stay at Taunton.

Fucking love Tresco. Hope he stays on and churns out shit loads next summer.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #846 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 13:55:55 »

Compton has, Buttler hasn't. Warwickshire have offered him the gloves in ODI and T20s though.

Tres should continue, maybe not as captain but it'll have to be his decision, he's too much of a legend to push.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #847 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 14:16:43 »

Compton has, Buttler hasn't. Warwickshire have offered him the gloves in ODI and T20s though.

Tres should continue, maybe not as captain but it'll have to be his decision, he's too much of a legend to push.

Vic Marks didnt sound to optimistic about Buttler staying.  It really does come down to him needing the gloves to keep an England spot.  With Kieswetter signed up long term that aint going to happen at Taunton
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #848 on: Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 10:07:25 »

Don't care! Its fucking Someset ain't it!

Glos all the way baby!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #849 on: Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 13:38:08 »

Carberry run out for 1 after being sold half way up the river thames by KP
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #850 on: Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 13:44:56 »

Carberry run out for 1 after being sold half way up the river thames by KP

Not really fair, it was sharp but Carberry stopped and started. Need to be on your toes a bit when KP's in single figures though, he doesn't half like a sharp one early in the innings.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #851 on: Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 13:50:06 »

Now KP done for pace by Mitchell Johnson.

I fully expect Johnson to play in the first Ashes test.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #852 on: Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 13:55:26 »

Almost certainly with the injuries they have. Great bowler on form, dreadful one off it. Let's hope the Barmies get to him again and he goes wicketless at 5 an over
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #853 on: Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 21:26:28 »

Match abandoned! Now a 3 match series, England need to win in Cardiff to stand a chance of winning series...not sure what forecast is like though?!

#VivaKenBarlow!
kerry red

« Reply #854 on: Thursday, September 12, 2013, 05:53:26 »

How can they arrange a series against the Aussies for the fag end of September is beyond me.

If they can't squeeze it in during proper cricketing weather they shouldn't bother
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60   Go Up
Print
Jump to: