Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Get Cooper fucking out of here  (Read 43489 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #75 on: Sunday, March 9, 2014, 14:10:45 »

Well, I fucking hate most football fans then.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Sunday, March 9, 2014, 14:14:36 »

However...he got the job for a few reasons, the two most important being:

- the right place at the right time.. (Kmac walked)
- a yes man ..   (Power wheels and deals and buys em...Cooper plays em)

First one, definitely.
Second one, partly.
But most importantly, because he was the cheaper option.
No compensation to pay him off or for an expensive contract on an experienced manager.

Wouldn't surprise me if Darren award is the next manager, which doesn't fill me with much confidence either.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #77 on: Sunday, March 9, 2014, 14:18:26 »

Well, I fucking hate most football fans then.
Join the club
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Sunday, March 9, 2014, 14:19:10 »

Join the club

No, you're in the "I fucking hate everyone" club.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Sunday, March 9, 2014, 14:24:17 »

Who are no different to any other sets of fans.

But they are, as someone else posted in this thread you look at teams like Portsmouth & Plymouth and their fans get behind the team regardless of how shit things are going.

There are large numbers of ours that moan & bitch at every little thing. I had some fuckwit sat behind me moaning about us passing the ball sideways after two mins yesterday, FFS at least give the team a chance.

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #80 on: Sunday, March 9, 2014, 15:00:55 »

No, you're in the "I fucking hate everyone" club.
everyone and everything
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Sunday, March 9, 2014, 15:04:30 »

Except Dylan.
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #82 on: Sunday, March 9, 2014, 16:17:06 »

I was there yesterday and have obviously got lower expectations than most. I didn't think it was shit, in fact some of the football in the 1st half was very good. There was a lot less 'backwards' football than in recent weeks and some nice fluid passing. Second half didn't match the first and we began to show a bit of tiredness. A draw would've probably been a fair result and but for a fantastic strike it would've ended 1-1.
I can't understand how anyone can compare the current team and style of play to Malpas or Hart. I know most fans have short memories but fucking hell.
Young inexperienced team with a youngish, inexperienced manager. Currently sitting 8th. I'm more than happy to see what next season brings.
One other point. All this bollocks about being a team of loanees. How many loanees started yesterday?
Good post.
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #83 on: Sunday, March 9, 2014, 16:18:23 »

This. I don't dislike going because of Power, or because of the results, or the manager, but because our bitter and deluded fanbase really piss me off.
Spot on.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Sunday, March 9, 2014, 16:38:12 »

I was there yesterday and have obviously got lower expectations than most. I didn't think it was shit, in fact some of the football in the 1st half was very good. There was a lot less 'backwards' football than in recent weeks and some nice fluid passing. Second half didn't match the first and we began to show a bit of tiredness. A draw would've probably been a fair result and but for a fantastic strike it would've ended 1-1.
Largely agree so I must share your low expectations! I said yesterday, thought we did OK for the first hour, should have finished them off then, but didn't, then we started to look poor once they got the equaliser, and as you say they seemed tired. Fitness an issue? Maybe if Sippo didn't keep chasing them out of the gym for making a mess in the changing rooms, they might be fitter?  Smiley
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Sunday, March 9, 2014, 23:48:35 »

My opinion not that many on here will is that today that for the second half we played for a draw, after the francise scored we played for the draw they went for the win. we need a strong midfielder, Louis thompson tries but gets no back up from the rest of the midfield, they all want to play it tippy tappy but get bustled off the ball. We miss Ranger up front, no matter what copper says no.1 priority is signing Ranger for next season and building around him & the other few young players who are under contract , Ward is starting to look past it, luckily Troy is carrying him. WE STILL HAVE NO PLAN B, Once a team score against us we struggle to know how to get back into a game, Today showed that.

Can we have that again in English ?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 09:37:23 »

Sacking Cooper will achieve nothing. You can't keep sacking managers because you've had a few bad results, if you're in the bottom third then maybe but we're not and for the most part he has done a good job.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't concerned / a little fed up of our boring, predictable and utterly toothless performances in the last few months but it isn't the right time to sack Cooper. Although I would like to know what he actually works on in training because we are utterly clueless when we get to the final third and so reluctant to have a shot, or cross the ball. Also would be nice if he could tell the players to at least look like they give a shit.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #87 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 10:42:23 »

Well said tails
kerry red

« Reply #88 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 12:17:06 »

Sacking Cooper will achieve nothing. You can't keep sacking managers because you've had a few bad results, if you're in the bottom third then maybe but we're not and for the most part he has done a good job.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't concerned / a little fed up of our boring, predictable and utterly toothless performances in the last few months but it isn't the right time to sack Cooper. Although I would like to know what he actually works on in training because we are utterly clueless when we get to the final third and so reluctant to have a shot, or cross the ball. Also would be nice if he could tell the players to at least look like they give a shit.

Therein lies the problem for most people.

Pre-season we were told we'd be an attacking, entertaining team and be prepared for a deluge of 4-3 scorelines.

For a couple of months we were.

How and why we have morphed into a boring, sterile team is what has got people moaning
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 12:53:46 »

Probably a coincidence, but it definitely seems the level of enthusiasm has dropped since Jed left. Just saying!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: