Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jebus  (Read 15184 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 19:49:35 »

I know. An evening of bollocks has ensued.

If you believe, you believe and no amount of arguing will change that.

I personally don't believe in religion at all. But to say I don't believe in a higher power would be as stupid as saying I do. I like to think of myself a a fence sitter..........

It's All Good..............
Rich Pullen

« Reply #91 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 19:50:50 »

How do we know that Christianity wasn't invented by someone as a cult to exploit people. Or any other religion for that fact? I think that's the point I was trying to make, just because they're older they're weren't necessarily created for what we see them as today.

I agree... but it's this reason why I can appreciate why people follow Christianity, Islam, Judaism et al because it's been cemented into culture for generations... Scientology has not and it makes me feel just as uneasy as I'm sure the ancient civilisations felt when people were beginning to conjure up new beliefs.

Scientology is gathering pace big time at the moment. They're everywhere with their innocent looking book stall and free stress test. Shudder.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 19:51:20 »

I'm firmly on one side of the fence, if I'm wrong I'll burn in hell. I can live with that right now but may regret it later........
Gazza's Fat Mate
Morality Robocop

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 19:51:55 »

I was thinking that as I posted it.

If you take that point of view - nothing is proven in the world ever. Still means stating 'you can't prove a negative' a silly thing to say.

that is excatly the point I was making you can only convince poeple your point of view/theroy what ever is correct you can never prove it.

Eg Pigs can't fly. How do we know are all the pigs in the wolrd under constant watch, how do we know that they don't fly around when we are not looking? However it is pretty clear that pigs don't fly they don't have wings, they are to big etc etc

Ash - "GFM Mate your like like Marmite you Love it or Hate it"
Christian Roberts " I fucking hate Marmite"
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 19:53:00 »

The west now has a majority of non-believers, it'll be interesting to see how faith is affected in the east as it becomes more and more developed and westernised.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 19:53:51 »

that is excatly the point I was making you can only convince poeple your point of view/theroy what ever is correct you can never prove it.

Eg Pigs can't fly. How do we know are all the pigs in the wolrd under constant watch, how do we know that they don't fly around when we are not looking? However it is pretty clear that pigs don't fly they don't have wings, they are to big etc etc

So what you actually meant was 'you can't prove anything' not 'you can't prove a negative'.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 19:55:58 »

If it helps people through dark times then fair play
Gazza's Fat Mate
Morality Robocop

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 19:59:29 »

My first post in this thread gave the reason why I believe what i believe (at its most basic level). Although Reg didn't understand my thinking so maybe I explained it very badly!

you belive because a book says so. Bearing in mind this book (well the verison you have most likiley to call the bible) was concived 400 years after the events, was edited by the romans who are surposed to have killed the main character. Half of the book is written by at best eye witness accounts.

If of course you happen to have read the gosples that didn't make it into the final edit of the book please correct me but I don't reckon you have.

However as you have already said it comes down to faith you ahve faith that this book is the word of god where as I have faith that it's not.

axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 20:01:24 »

I like it when the face of a saint appears in someones weetabix bowl etc and 30,000 people make a pilgrimage to see it.
Gazza's Fat Mate
Morality Robocop

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 20:02:37 »

you belive because a book says so. Bearing in mind this book (well the verison you have most likiley to call the bible) was concived 400 years after the events, was edited by the romans who are surposed to have killed the main character. Half of the book is written by at best eye witness accounts.

If of course you happen to have read the gosples that didn't make it into the final edit of the book please correct me but I don't reckon you have.

However as you have already said it comes down to faith you ahve faith that this book is the word of god where as I have faith that it's not.

if I have faith that religion is bullshit god is fake etc that makes me an ahistist. Does that make afishim a relgion?

Rich Pullen

« Reply #100 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 20:03:11 »

I like it when the face of a saint appears in someones weetabix bowl etc and 30,000 people make a pilgrimage to see it.

Agreed.

[url width=400 height=245]http://mikesplace.freeserverhost.com/Gallimaufry/VirginMaryGrilledCheese/Jesus%20Christ%20Toast%20+%20Virgin%20Mary%20Grilled%20Cheese%20photo.jpg[/url]
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 20:04:38 »

if I have faith that religion is bullshit god is fake etc that makes me an ahistist. Does that make afishim a relgion?

afishim? I forgive nearly all your grammatical and spelling mistakes but that's hard to understand in one read  - I assume you meant atheism?

Oh crap, I'm a pedant.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 20:05:08 »

Agreed.

[url width=400 height=245]http://mikesplace.freeserverhost.com/Gallimaufry/VirginMaryGrilledCheese/Jesus%20Christ%20Toast%20+%20Virgin%20Mary%20Grilled%20Cheese%20photo.jpg[/url]

that's some great 'burnt-bit scraping' by someone.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 20:05:34 »

and that second piece is properly holey.
Gazza's Fat Mate
Morality Robocop

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 20:07:15 »

afishim? I forgive nearly all your grammatical and spelling mistakes but that's hard to understand in one read  - I assume you meant atheism?

Oh crap, I'm a pedant.

yes atheism. I can't spell and am hugley dislexic.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: