Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pre-season matches 22-23  (Read 77630 times)
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #615 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 12:30:41 »

On this showing, Mckirdy clearly doesn't want to be here, and I can't blame him considering his returns last season and seeing others jump a division. Hunch says He'll be gone by September
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #616 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 12:32:11 »

Have we changed formation in the second half or stuck with 352?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #617 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 12:32:38 »

2-4 FT. Commentators say that scoreline flatters Swindon. I totally agree. We were very poor. Scored a lucky goal (Wakeling) when Cardiff eased off. Shade's goal was a good strike.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #618 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 12:34:29 »

On this showing, Mckirdy clearly doesn't want to be here, and I can't blame him considering his returns last season and seeing others jump a division. Hunch says He'll be gone by September
Maybe he doesn't like pre season. Remember there were quite a few fans who didn't want him signed this time last year after his friendly outings.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #619 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 12:34:52 »

Have we changed formation in the second half or stuck with 352?
Same.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #620 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 12:35:57 »

Don't think you can blame him today. He was clattered in the first minutes. He ran around alot, but go no service.

Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #621 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 12:38:45 »

Tranmere 1-4 Huddersfield. Maybe we were expecting too much, The Championship is ridiculously strong now. Agree that silly unforced errors shouldn't happen regardless though.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #622 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 12:42:25 »

Summary:
- First 3 goals were Harries fault (Brynn coluded with him for one)
- Fourth down to Brennan
- Ward looked better than Brynn
- Saidou Khan got stuck in and created chance for cross to Shade, which he finished well.
- Wakeling gifted posession, ran forward, ricochet off defender, took a shot which clipped a defender, wrong footed the keeper and went in.
- Defensively frail. Better with Harries off and Baudry on.
- Midfield non existent until Darcy and Khan came on.
- That sort of performance will not keep us in the league.

Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #623 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 12:42:47 »

We seemed so geared up to playing 352 what happens if it’s not working. The classic plan B question. I thought last season it clicked a lot more when we went to 433.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #624 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 12:43:45 »

Miles better second half. Forget the score. We were tighter, sharper and quicker.

Khan's cameo makes me want to see more.
Harries less so, but some players range a while to get going. Joe Devera was like that for example.

hope we haven't gone back to Glad all over for goal music. fucking annoying
Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #625 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 12:44:29 »

Summary:
- First 3 goals were Harries fault (Brynn coluded with him for one)
- Fourth down to Brennan
- Ward looked better than Brynn
- Saidou Khan got stuck in and created chance for cross to Shade, which he finished well.
- Wakeling gifted posession, ran forward, ricochet off defender, took a shot which clipped a defender, wrong footed the keeper and went in.
- Defensively frail. Better with Harries off and Baudry on.
- Midfield non existent until Darcy and Khan came on.
- That sort of performance will not keep us in the league.

Think the last sentence is slightly harsh. Have to keep in mind how poor this division is really. Individual mistakes do need to be cut out though
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #626 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 12:45:07 »

Don't think you can blame him today. He was clattered in the first minutes. He ran around alot, but go no service.

Aye, wouldn't level any criticism but he must be thinking what's in store for him and if better he cashes in on last season's stock. If we start poorly, id think there's no way he'll be sticking around.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #627 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 12:45:45 »

I feel we are a bit undercooked in terms of pre season and matches played, Harrogate have played 4 games against league teams in comparison. Ultimately next weekend will reveal whether that is the case or not.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #628 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 12:45:59 »

Our worst patch last year, if I remember correctly, came during a spell of playing with 3 at the back. We switched to 4 (Walsall at home, or a couple of games before that), which made us better going forward and at the back. Why we’ve decided on 3 this year I’ve no idea, but we appear to have recruited on that basis.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #629 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 12:46:55 »

Think the last sentence is slightly harsh. Have to keep in mind how poor this division is really. Individual mistakes do need to be cut out though

Well, I think this year league 2 is quite a bit stronger than last season. Got a big effort to do something and get out of it
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: