Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pre-season matches 22-23  (Read 77656 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Thursday, July 21, 2022, 08:09:13 »

Any old excuse is drilled out. If you're going to support some random club you have no connection with then why not a league 1 or 2 side? I wonder  Roll Eyes

That's what the locals did in Milton Keynes😀

So, give no fucks
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Thursday, July 21, 2022, 08:28:43 »

Part of the problem as well is other kids bullying you for supporting a 'lower league' side.

Actually in a way that is what led to our conversation and the suggestion of an affinity to Man Utd. She went into school on the last day in her Swindon shirt (season before last keepers shirt as its pink and she likes pink!) and I mentioned in passing on the way home whether any kids had mentioned it (as I always feared she might get the piss ripped out of her for it) but nothing had ben said.

Funny thing round here is I have never seen a Barrow shirt on either kid nor adult!

In my youth I never understood those of my friends that did turn up in a Real Madrid or Barcelona shirt.

My affection for Barca actually started when my mate came back from the Costa something in the early 80's wearing a Barcelona no.10 shirt with Maradona on the back, seemed so exotic, then in the 90's when I lived in Newcastle there seemed to be quite an affinity between their supporters possibly due to the similar geography and social issues and finally reinforced by subsequent reading about the Civil War.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Thursday, July 21, 2022, 08:39:25 »

Growing up I used to have a mini obsession with buying 'obscure' football shirts. Going to a state school in East Lothian my Swindon shirts were actually seen as 'cool' given the rarity that someone in Scotland would actually support Swindon - the fact we were in the Premier League did help so we weren't a team that nobody knew anything about. Most of the people at my school supported Rangers and Celtic with a handful of Hibs and Hearts fans.

There was a sports shop in town that used to sell obscure football shirts really cheap. My favourite was the classic Bayern Munich, but I also picked up a Duisburg shirt as well as Rotherham, Swansea and QPR. Clearly I didn't support these teams but I liked the shirts and there was a bit of 'competition' of the people I played football with to turn up in the strangest kits. One of my best mates used to 'win' rocking up in Stafford Rangers or Farnborough Town gear! Oddly he now supports Reading.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Thursday, July 21, 2022, 08:51:22 »

Growing up I used to have a mini obsession with buying 'obscure' football shirts. Going to a state school in East Lothian my Swindon shirts were actually seen as 'cool' given the rarity that someone in Scotland would actually support Swindon - the fact we were in the Premier League did help so we weren't a team that nobody knew anything about. Most of the people at my school supported Rangers and Celtic with a handful of Hibs and Hearts fans.

There was a sports shop in town that used to sell obscure football shirts really cheap. My favourite was the classic Bayern Munich, but I also picked up a Duisburg shirt as well as Rotherham, Swansea and QPR. Clearly I didn't support these teams but I liked the shirts and there was a bit of 'competition' of the people I played football with to turn up in the strangest kits. One of my best mates used to 'win' rocking up in Stafford Rangers or Farnborough Town gear! Oddly he now supports Reading.

Scheiß MSV

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Thursday, July 21, 2022, 09:31:35 »

Love it...as one now living in Berwickshire, and regular visitor to East Lothian (Dunbar)...My STFC car sticker dors raise an eyebrow or two!!!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Thursday, July 21, 2022, 09:38:11 »

Scheiß MSV

haha - actually the shirt was way too small for me and I barely wore it.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Thursday, July 21, 2022, 09:39:26 »

Love it...as one now living in Berwickshire, and regular visitor to East Lothian (Dunbar)...My STFC car sticker dors raise an eyebrow or two!!!

Ah sunny dunny! A good part of my upbringing was spent there down by the sea!

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Thursday, July 21, 2022, 10:00:31 »

Any old excuse is drilled out. If you're going to support some random club you have no connection with then why not a league 1 or 2 side? I wonder  Roll Eyes

"My Dad worked in Manchester one summer"
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Thursday, July 21, 2022, 10:04:22 »

There was a sports shop in town that used to sell obscure football shirts really cheap.

Swindon has/had that to be fair in Sports Direct. It may be less random now but the racks in there where you'd get a pair of shorts for £2 and a shirt for a fiver, they were extremely random for a good period.

If you ever went over the county ground field before they built the foundation, the Goans that played over there a lot would be kitted out in the most random collection of clubs and countries you'd ever seen.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Thursday, July 21, 2022, 10:05:17 »

haha - actually the shirt was way too small for me and I barely wore it.

Lucky escape!

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Thursday, July 21, 2022, 13:42:43 »

Anyone who fancies watching the Cardiff game, here’s a stream. £3

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/cardiff-city-tv-watch-city-vs-swindon-town-live
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Thursday, July 21, 2022, 13:58:23 »

Anyone who fancies watching the Cardiff game, here’s a stream. £3

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/cardiff-city-tv-watch-city-vs-swindon-town-live

Lovely. Will give that a go if its not on my firestick app already.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Thursday, July 21, 2022, 14:02:09 »

What app would show that?
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Thursday, July 21, 2022, 14:07:48 »

What app would show that?

The IPTV app I use has a pre-season folder at the moment. I haven't actually felt the need to watch any pre-season games but I might see if the match is on it on Saturday.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Thursday, July 21, 2022, 14:10:01 »

I use Worthystreams via TiviMate - not offered on that. Still, for £3 . . .
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: