Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pre-season matches 22-23  (Read 77660 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2022, 23:45:33 »

Tempted to take the boy seen how he takes to it but it’s still a fair bit for a wasted trip
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2022, 07:10:25 »

Tempted to take the boy seen how he takes to it but it’s still a fair bit for a wasted trip
Why ??,  Has he been a naughty boy ??.  😁😁

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2022, 07:21:58 »

Why ??,  Has he been a naughty boy ??.  😁😁

Ha - sometimes!

I should stop the cycle really, it’s not fair
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2022, 08:19:53 »

May not seem a lot if you live within walking distance of the ground, However, for people living 40+ miles out of town that adds another twenty quid on top for fuel,  so,  not such a cheap day out.

I thought 4D lives in Swindon?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #439 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2022, 08:40:31 »

Ha - sometimes!

I have taken both my sons and both step daughters to Swindon games, all are in their late 20s early 30s now and only my eldest step daughter is a Swindon fan, but shes also an Arsenal fan.

I told both my sons to follow Swindon but not solely Swindon as you will have a lifetime of disappointment as myself and my dad and also my grandfather before him have had.

I no longer even watch England any more with any enthusiasm after years of following them in the 80's and 90s all over the world, its like a radicalised religion now in which only Swindon Town FC matters.

Not sure I would wish that on any of my children or grandchildren even though my grand daughter loves watching football.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2022, 08:46:20 »

I have taken both my sons and both step daughters to Swindon games, all are in their late 20s early 30s now and only my eldest step daughter is a Swindon fan, but shes also an Arsenal fan.

I told both my sons to follow Swindon but not solely Swindon as you will have a lifetime of disappointment as myself and my dad and also my grandfather before him have had.

I no longer even watch England any more with any enthusiasm after years of following them in the 80's and 90s all over the world, its like a radicalised religion now in which only Swindon Town FC matters.

Not sure I would wish that on any of my children or grandchildren even though my grand daughter loves watching football.

I've got a bit of a quandary at the moment as whilst I have bought our little 'un a couple of Town shirts over the years she really doesn't have a great interest in football (despite her playing for the girls U9 team) and so be it. However her best mate supports Man U (as her dad does) and she announced to me last night that she quite likes the idea of supporting Man U.

As I lived in Newcastle for most of the 90's (when Man U were the arch enemy) whilst I don't really have a dog in the glory hunting stakes I would really like her not to support Man Utd!

The joys of fatherhood.
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2022, 09:05:48 »

Ha - sometimes!

Do it! Supporting Swindon Town teaches stoicism and while he may not thank you for it, it will be good for him.

"If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
 And treat those two impostors just the same"

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #442 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2022, 09:10:08 »

As I lived in Newcastle for most of the 90's (when Man U were the arch enemy) whilst I don't really have a dog in the glory hunting stakes I would really like her not to support Man Utd!

The joys of fatherhood.
FWIW my eldest son is a Man Utd supporter against my wishes.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2022, 09:16:47 »

I thought 4D lives in Swindon?

I do, maniac doesn't. I get the bus  Smiley
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2022, 09:25:16 »

I do, maniac doesn't. I get the bus  Smiley

Ah fair enough. Do you get the bus with JBZ?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2022, 09:25:44 »

Never.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2022, 09:27:23 »

I blame the parents.  He was brought up in a time when it was acceptable to punish your kids, too soft Smiley

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2022, 09:33:02 »

Thing is, as I pointed out to her, if she is going to go down the plastic glory hunting route at least go for a team which wins things in the present time, or hold your nose and try the emerging Newcastle bandwagon, be an early adopter!
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2022, 09:36:05 »

Thing is, as I pointed out to her, if she is going to go down the plastic glory hunting route at least go for a team which wins things in the present time, or hold your nose and try the emerging Newcastle bandwagon, be an early adopter!

My niece 'supports' Spurs  Girl Giggle

4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2022, 09:38:52 »

I've never understood the mindset of supporting the best side of the moment, for that sole reason . Is that just a UK thing?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: