Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: brentford  (Read 10178 times)
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, April 27, 2010, 17:59:18 »

People who live up the road can attend their first game and get priority.

I don't think that many people will do this because they would be very casual fans and

(a) they have to have read about the offer. casual fans might not be aware of it.

and

(b) they have to attend Swindon vs. Brentford. not a very appealing prospect for someone who hasn't been to any games yet in our best season for years.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, April 27, 2010, 18:02:43 »

Just buy a ticket then, you don't actually have to go to the game.

Problem solved.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, April 27, 2010, 18:14:46 »

That stub thing was only for the away leg at Brighton with the allocation of 700 wasn't it?

...and they still went on general sale.
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, April 27, 2010, 18:16:15 »

I tend to agree with Arriba..

3,4 or 5 matches notice would have fairer and there aren't many other ways of prioritising tickets (other than the card carrying loyalty scheme which will no doubt be in place next season)

But I bet you there would have been plenty of people complaining about the board's ambition or expectation if this incentive had been announced before the exeter game for example when 2nd was still a distinct possibility..

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, April 27, 2010, 18:26:54 »

That stub thing was only for the away leg at Brighton with the allocation of 700 wasn't it?

...and they still went on general sale.

Yeah but we had already lost at home so most thaught it was all over anyway.
Today on the website it states that season ticket holders from this year or for next will get priority for both playoff matches before stubholders anyway.

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, April 27, 2010, 19:06:54 »

no
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, April 27, 2010, 19:18:13 »

Predictive text again?

Haha, just seen that. Quality.
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, April 27, 2010, 19:20:26 »

I'm with the whingers, this is a shit decision and without precedent in my experience. It's always been 3 to 5 stubs for non season ticket holders. Bullshit.

FITTON OUT.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, April 27, 2010, 19:27:08 »

Im 100% with arriba-I might be accused of being a whingeing cunt but its a shit decision which totally ignores the fact that Ive been 25 times previously.People who live up the road can attend their first game and get priority.I dont care if everyones all happy clappy about things I think its bollocks!
whingeing cunt
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, April 27, 2010, 19:59:17 »

The plastics will stay at home and watch on Sky anyway. Could have been announced a few games ago though.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
swindonbob

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, April 27, 2010, 20:10:46 »

I agree with Arriba - and I have bought a season ticket for next year anyway so ill get a playoff ticket anyway.

Yes its good it will boost attendance, for one game - but I couldnt afford a season ticket at the start of last year in one go. So I have bought my tickets individually every game and have been to 35 Swindon matches this year in total (including 12 away games). So I would be fucked off if I had the CHANCE of missing out on a playoff game because someone who only attending the Brentford game got priority (if I couldnt make it). I feel they should have said "2 stubs from our remaining 3 home games" or something.

And all the morons going on about "whinging" - actually try and see it from someone elses perspective. Like I said, i'm not bothered as I now have my season ticket, and I have disagreed with Arribas views in the past, but I would be fucked off if it was me in his situation.

aptain Cabinet, trapped in a cabinet, can he get out? will he get out? course he can.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, April 27, 2010, 21:17:09 »

I'll bare my arse in Burton's window if any genuine fan who really wants to go to the home leg misses out on a ticket because of this decision. Massive over-reaction.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, April 27, 2010, 21:35:32 »

I agree, this promotion will put a few hundred extra on the gate, tops.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, April 27, 2010, 21:36:42 »

Surely only 4 people complaining on a football forum is not a over reaction.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, April 27, 2010, 21:56:18 »

I think if I couldn't make Saturday but had been to numerous games I'd be pissed off at the prospect of not getting a ticket. Who wouldn't!

I hope that won't be the case, not only for the sake of those who can't make it but also because it'll stop Paul D waiving his ass about in public.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: