Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town -v- Brentford Offical Matchday Thread  (Read 18982 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Sunday, May 2, 2010, 12:02:57 »

Loved it yesterday when the cheering went up when Leeds went one down.
nochee

« Reply #211 on: Sunday, May 2, 2010, 12:04:10 »

ward's control on his chest to set up the first goal was class

Thats because Ward is CLASS. He celebrated with the fans in the DRS when the final whistle blew after yesterdays game with a clenched fist and screamed a big "CMON" He obviously loves playing for us. I might save up my pocket money and chip in to buy him, anyone else in?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Sunday, May 2, 2010, 12:07:06 »

Thats because Ward is CLASS. He celebrated with the fans in the DRS when the final whistle blew after yesterdays game with a clenched fist and screamed a big "CMON" He obviously loves playing for us. I might save up my pocket money and chip in to buy him, anyone else in?
not seen him play much but from highlights he does indeed look a different class. we've had some mega contributions from loan players this season.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Sunday, May 2, 2010, 12:11:04 »

Pleased for Ward, he's been off the boil the last 5 or so games.

Raped their right back yesterday. Nonchalant finish as well.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Sunday, May 2, 2010, 16:30:31 »

Ward was back to his best yesterday. At just the right time as well. Good stuff.
pewshamrobin

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Sunday, May 2, 2010, 17:06:45 »

Nouble: we should get behind him as he is wearing the STFC shirt , despite not performing at his full potential for us yet. I believe he has struggled to adapt to D1 style: his work rate needs upping & he needs to use his physicality more as he was getted rolled by the brentford centre backs most of the game. However constant negativity from the stands wont help his confidence.

ewsham Robin
crystall Tips

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Sunday, May 2, 2010, 17:18:26 »

We were right by the DRS when there were the handbags. Bit of a throw-back.  Lots of noise, but more that than anything else.  Couple of truncheons waved too, old bill were in there quick.

Really enjoyed the game yesterday, thought the atmosphere was better, maybe cos there was more for us to shout about.  Nouble is frustrating, but he put in a good cross for Billy P's second and maybe that will give him confidence.
Three class goals, those were my favourite bits, though the cheering when Charlton scored was good as well. 
We were a bit dodgy in defence still, slipping about some - did they water the surface before the start?

Think Wilson will stick to best XI next week, bringing back Cuthbert, Ferry and Austin, would like to see Manks start, but doesn't look like that's going to happen.   
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Sunday, May 2, 2010, 17:29:04 »

A really good pass to him too.  All round a cracking goal.
I thought JP's pass (must have been about 70 yards), Ward's control and Billy's finish should make this one of the goals of the season
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Sunday, May 2, 2010, 17:33:44 »

There was a coach of Brentford taken away as the game kicked off. They didnt look like they were taking their early exit very well.
[/quote]

I head they had cans of beer etc on one of the coach and were drinking so were not allowed off the coach
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Sunday, May 2, 2010, 17:45:35 »

All in all, that was pretty enjoyable. A decent performance on the pitch and really good atmosphere off it. I hadn't seen them play since the Exeter game and from what I'd read/heard about the Walsall and Wycombe games I was a bit concerned that the players might have lost the plot a bit, forgotten all the things that had got them to where they were, and generally fallen apart. Not a bit of it though. For most of the game they passed the ball really well and generally looked confident and composed. Brentford were a decent enough side but 3-2 makes it look a tighter game than it really was. If we do end up in the play offs I would fancy us against anyone.

With regard to Billy Blue Boots, everyone sat around where I was (DRS Stand towards the Stratton Bank) was just shouting "Come on Frank!" every time he got the ball, albeit in a semi-jocular-not-expecting-him-to-do-anything kind of way. But it was encouragement nonetheless. I don't remember him getting too much grief. The support in general was very good. I thought the Brentford support was pretty decent as well.

One down side was having the misfortune of sitting in front of a pair of cunts who just 'chatted' the whole game about anything and nothing...stuff they'd done the previous evening, women they'd tried to chat up and so on. Only on very rare occasions was football actually mentioned. To start with you're aware of a dull droning in the background then you actually 'tune in' to what they're saying and it's really hard to ignore. I could have happily twatted them.  Crash :cunt:

Apart from that minor annoyance it was a pretty good afternoon's entertainment. Cool

Oh yeah, Old Bill all around the pitch at the end with riot battons drawn was well OTT I thought.
Spencer_White

« Reply #220 on: Sunday, May 2, 2010, 18:21:01 »

There was a coach of Brentford taken away as the game kicked off. They didnt look like they were taking their early exit very well.

I head they had cans of beer etc on one of the coach and were drinking so were not allowed off the coach

I think they got rid of some their cans throwing them at coppers out of the fire exit.

Everyone knows when on a coach you get rid of any alcohol before you get into the police force area of the home team.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #221 on: Sunday, May 2, 2010, 18:21:49 »

One down side was having the misfortune of sitting in front of a pair of cunts who just 'chatted' the whole game about anything and nothing...stuff they'd done the previous evening, women they'd tried to chat up and so on. Only on very rare occasions was football actually mentioned. To start with you're aware of a dull droning in the background then you actually 'tune in' to what they're saying and it's really hard to ignore. I could have happily twatted them.  Crash :cunt:

I was sat next to a fat woman who kept trying to nick half my seat. I'm going in the DRS or Town end next time
Talk Talk

« Reply #222 on: Monday, May 3, 2010, 08:49:31 »

Beeb highlights now up. What a good ball that was from JPM to Wardy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/8657266.stm

Swindon - 2 minutes of highlights, Charlton/Leeds - 6 minutes. Meh. Keep it quiet  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: