Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC News: Lee Power: Swindon Town owner moves to allay money fears  (Read 10394 times)
kerry red

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2013, 17:45:38 »

Ah well. As long as I've got a club to support I'll leave the the financial worrying to others.

Bit head in the sand, I know
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2013, 17:50:30 »

But Paul - Power also said clearly he wasn't prepared to be drawn into public debate with former employees - seemed pretty clear to me he was talking about Murrall

Therefore why would Power challenge or reject it ?

Just because its been said by someone who left the organisation a while ago - doesn't mean it's actually happening does it ?

I don't pay my phone/tax/water/electicity/gas bill until they send a red through - and in some cases (usually tax) until they send a threatening letter - it's better in my account earning interest than theirs....

Wise men say........
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2013, 18:08:22 »

But Paul - Power also said clearly he wasn't prepared to be drawn into public debate with former employees - seemed pretty clear to me he was talking about Murrall

Just because its been said by someone who left the organisation a while ago - doesn't mean it's actually happening does it ?
True enough.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2013, 20:39:32 »

Good idea on the Power PR front to have the fans phone in, looking forward to it!

#VivaKenBarlow!
fatbasher

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2013, 23:02:00 »

Whatever Powers plans, they'll count for fuck all without us. We just need to have the balls to walk away at some point if we have a justifiable reason to do so. Money men love.....................money. Without the cash cow mooing it's way toward SN1 every other weekend ANY owners investment will turn to dust. TBF they'll have pissed off long before that happens anyway.

So he and his "team" are on notice that my three ST are not a nailed on certainty for next season or the season after that come to it.

So Lee it's over to you.
Swansea1

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, December 5, 2013, 00:25:52 »

Fatbasher

With fickle fans like you go now. If you are a true supporter you support them through the difficult times!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, December 5, 2013, 00:26:52 »

I don't pay my phone/tax/water/electicity/gas bill until they send a red through - and in some cases (usually tax) until they send a threatening letter - it's better in my account earning interest than theirs....

And Fredi, he said before and after he joined..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, December 5, 2013, 07:26:40 »

Whatever Powers plans, they'll count for fuck all without us. We just need to have the balls to walk away at some point if we have a justifiable reason to do so. Money men love.....................money. Without the cash cow mooing it's way toward SN1 every other weekend ANY owners investment will turn to dust. TBF they'll have pissed off long before that happens anyway.

So he and his "team" are on notice that my three ST are not a nailed on certainty for next season or the season after that come to it.

So Lee it's over to you.

Yeah, but you spent most of the summer looking for an excuse not to go didn't you?

Things get better but they never get good
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, December 5, 2013, 07:30:07 »

Yeah, but you spent most of the summer looking for an excuse not to go didn't you?

It was easier then though Dave, BBQ season. :-)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, December 5, 2013, 07:50:35 »

Fatbasher

With fickle fans like you go now. If you are a true supporter you support them through the difficult times!

Depends how you define support. Lets say he chose to boycott home games and went to every away game. Its not really fickle to do so.

In any case his post was hardly suggesting abandonment of STFC, more a means to an ends to get control of the club back if Power messes the club up. Sounds committed to me. No idea if this will be needed mind. Certainly hope not.
fatbasher

« Reply #25 on: Thursday, December 5, 2013, 08:03:00 »

Fatbasher

Supporting the club for 40 years and i mean supporting like most if not all home games and between two to ten away games, so, a) can you say the same? b) who the fuck are you to tell me to go now c) read my post again and tell me you're sorry for misinterpreting my message to Mr. Power 
fatbasher

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, December 5, 2013, 08:12:27 »

Also if it all goes horribly wrong and we end up like AFC Wimbledon will you come and shake my hand on a cold, wet windy day in January? I doubt it. I'll be there as a founding Father of AFC Swindon or whatever, however, if I feel that I need to withdraw my support it will be as a last resort and with a heavy heart. I'm fed up of the shenanigans that have beset my club in the last 10 years or so. so  Smug Fuck Off
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, December 5, 2013, 09:21:58 »

Can we please not have the 'Who's a real fan' debate again? It was fucking tedious the last time.

It's All Good..............
stfc2012

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, December 5, 2013, 09:38:26 »

For Power to say the club ha 'no debt' while being interviewed when he knows people, mostly 'normal' fans are watching, I think we can read that as the club owes no money to anyone. In accounting terms maybe it means something different and I can't disagree we owe a lot less than previously. He has more than a few 45 day term payments being held back. Some big, and some small. There is also legal action currently from more than one party and has been some previously from others. How much of this was Jed and how much of this is Power? We don't know 100% but we do know Power has had his accountant there for a while and Murrall talked about debt in his interview.
Flashheart

« Reply #29 on: Thursday, December 5, 2013, 09:46:08 »

Can we please not have the 'Who's a real fan' debate again? It was fucking tedious the last time.

Yep.

We all know it's me anyway.  Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: