Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Boxing Day time change  (Read 10490 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 13:13:51 »

Scotland have a winter break as well I think, and they are still gash.

And also in Luxembourg come to think about it, it doesn't seem to make them world beaters.
Norway play in the summer. They're shit too.

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 13:14:07 »

Scotland have a winter break as well I think, and they are still gash.

And also in Luxembourg come to think about it, it doesn't seem to make them world beaters.
Small populations. Neither have the potential to be world beaters.

Of course a winter break is not everything but changes need to be made and I think a winter break is one of them.
Currently our players go into tournaments at the end of long,hard seasons. Many are rushed back from injuries or are not 100% fit.
 I cannot see how a mid term break cannot benefit them.
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 13:16:57 by arriba » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 13:17:19 »

Would definitely benefit Premier league players and their teams i think. Considering that's where the national team get their players from it would benefit them too. To protect players from fatigue and injury. They would have to train but wouldn't endure the same things that go on in matches. A winter break works for the Germans
But they wouldn't take a break though would they? The first day of the "winter break" all the PL teams who are the ones you're concerned about would be off on winter tours of America, Asia etc for commercial reasons. They'd end up more knackered if anything.

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 13:18:52 »

But they wouldn't take a break though would they? The first day of the "winter break" all the PL teams who are the ones you're concerned about would be off on winter tours of America, Asia etc for commercial reasons. They'd end up more knackered if anything.
Well if they did that it would be pointless obviously. Rules can be made though so that didn't happen.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 13:20:08 »

Well if they did that it would be pointless obviously. Rules can be made though so that didn't happen.
Ha ha. Sure. It'll be the Premier League clubs making the rules. You don't still think the Premier League give a shit about the national team do you?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 13:21:31 »

Would definitely benefit Premier league players and their teams i think. Considering that's where the national team get their players from it would benefit them too. To protect players from fatigue and injury. They would have to train but wouldn't endure the same things that go on in matches. A winter break works for the Germans

I mean for league 1 players.

Playing over Christmas is certainly no worse that a prelonged Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday cycle we get if the weather is a bit shit and games are re-arranged.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 13:22:22 »

You don't still think the Premier League give a shit about the national team do you?

Of course they do, there is potential for one of their stars to get injured..

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 13:22:51 »

Ha ha. Sure. It'll be the Premier League clubs making the rules. You don't still think the Premier League give a shit about the national team do you?

Never did. Hence why the national team will never do anything for the foreseeable future. I'd limit the number of foreign players at any club too if i could. Another thing that needs to change that won't
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 13:25:07 by arriba » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 13:25:16 »

I'd limit the number of foreign players at any club too if i could. Another thing that needs to change

Unfortunately Brussles has the muscles. EU players would cry foul at restriction of trade.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 13:30:04 »

Never did. Hence why the national team will never do anything for the foreseeable future.
And hence why a winter break will be introduced (because the Premier League teams want it) and why there'll be no such rule so that they can all go off on commercial tours and the winter break will be of no value whatever. Other than a financial one to the largely foreign owners of said clubs. Ker-ching!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 13:43:28 »

I mean for league 1 players.

Playing over Christmas is certainly no worse that a prelonged Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday cycle we get if the weather is a bit shit and games are re-arranged.
It wouldn't mean alot to league 1 clubs i suppose. A few players with knocks would benefit but where everyone is playing each other under the same conditions and rules it wouldn't make much impact i think.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 19:49:25 »

Not sure on the point of the kick off change, unless it was for TV...also agree it's about time we had a home game on boxing day! Fuck you football league (computer)!!!

#VivaKenBarlow!
OrangeTransits

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 20:58:11 »

It will snow and be cancelled .................

You'll never take the Townend !!!!!!
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 20:59:55 »

Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!

This is just 40 mins away for us, and I was going to try to arrange tickets for visiting family to come along as well.  No chance now.  Half the country will still be in their pyjamas at 12.30pm on Boxing Day.  Not impressed.

Like a broken pencil
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, October 25, 2013, 15:54:06 »

I  think Brentford are trying to avoid the premiership game that is on TV at 3pm so hoping to ease a few more out of the armchair

This was Brentford's request not STFC's
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: