Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Boxing Day time change  (Read 10489 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 11:10:16 »

Rubbish!  They get a two month summer holiday, FFS.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 12:03:28 »

If England have any real ambition of getting further than quarter finals in competitions we should be having a winter break. Xmas and new year football should be scrapped

If England are relying on Swindon players to win the World Cup its fair to say the nations problems run deeper than a couple of weeks on a pointless tour in some Asian territory bolstering shirt sales off

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 12:16:17 »

If England are relying on Swindon players to win the World Cup its fair to say the nations problems run deeper than a couple of weeks on a pointless tour in some Asian territory bolstering shirt sales off

Of course and that's not what i said or meant.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 12:19:27 »

In fairness to Batch you did write it in a thread about the Brentford kick off time so was easy to interpret that way. Sorry Arriba.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 12:22:37 »

I know.

I'd be extremely disappointed to lose the Christmas holiday games. its of no real consequence to the player at our level, provides traditionally large crowds and is a great get away from the family.

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 12:23:36 »

In fairness to Batch you did write it in a thread about the Brentford kick off time so was easy to interpret that way. Sorry Arriba.
But out you cunt
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 12:27:00 »

But out you cunt

It's "butt" actually cunt.

provides traditionally large crowds and is a great get away from the family.

Totally agree. Be nice if we had a bloody home game for a change too.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 12:31:30 »

Be nice if we had a bloody home game for a change too.
I know. When was our last Boxing day game?

26 DEC 2006   Wycombe Wanderers (Home)    2 - 1    Jutkiewicz, Peacock

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 12:34:03 »

I know.

I'd be extremely disappointed to lose the Christmas holiday games. its of no real consequence to the player at our level, provides traditionally large crowds and is a great get away from the family.

I dont give a shit either way. They are good for club fans for the reasons you state but are shit for the players. A winter break is needed whether that be at Xmas or not imo for the benefit of the national team.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 12:37:52 »

I dont give a shit either way. They are good for club fans for the reasons you state but are shit for the players. A winter break is needed whether that be at Xmas or not imo for the benefit of the national team.

Still don't get how a Football League winter break would benefit the national team Arriba. PL maybe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 12:38:45 »

Why is a winter break needed? Its shit for the players families, but its part of the job. plenty of people work over xmas.

Do you honestly think the Premier League clubs would send their players home over the break (figuratively speaking, they still have to train)? Or would they be off 'on tour'?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 12:50:07 »

I know. When was our last Boxing day game?

26 DEC 2006   Wycombe Wanderers (Home)    2 - 1    Jutkiewicz, Peacock

I had a feeling it had been a while, but that's disgraceful....

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 12:58:17 »

Still don't get how a Football League winter break would benefit the national team Arriba. PL maybe.

Would definitely benefit Premier league players and their teams i think. Considering that's where the national team get their players from it would benefit them too.

Why is a winter break needed? Its shit for the players families, but its part of the job. plenty of people work over xmas.

Do you honestly think the Premier League clubs would send their players home over the break (figuratively speaking, they still have to train)? Or would they be off 'on tour'?
To protect players from fatigue and injury. They would have to train but wouldn't endure the same things that go on in matches. A winter break works for the Germans
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 13:00:57 by arriba » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 13:07:33 »

Scotland have a winter break as well I think, and they are still gash.

And also in Luxembourg come to think about it, it doesn't seem to make them world beaters.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 13:11:27 »

"Now is the winter of our discontent"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: