Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Boxing Day time change  (Read 10491 times)
News Monkey

« on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 09:00:01 »

Boxing Day time change

SWINDON Town's Boxing Day clash with Brentford has been moved forward to 12.30pm.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/10759725.Boxing_Day_time_change/?ref=rss

flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 09:03:24 »

The game was due to kick-off at 3pm, but Town will now return to the scene of last season' play-off semi-final second leg defeat at the earlier time.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 09:32:20 »

Better for me....I don't miss Boxing Day games...either that or day at mother in laws...

I even went to see Cardiff v Coventry a few years back when Exeter got iced off.

Clems Army!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 09:42:53 »

Chance of me going before time change : 0. Chance of me going after time change :0. Nobody likes change.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 09:53:31 »

Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!

This is just 40 mins away for us, and I was going to try to arrange tickets for visiting family to come along as well.  No chance now.  Half the country will still be in their pyjamas at 12.30pm on Boxing Day.  Not impressed.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 09:59:15 »

Chance of me going before time change : 0. Chance of me going after time change :0. Nobody likes change.

I keep all my coppers in a box
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 10:00:40 »

Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!   Crash  Pointless!

This is just 40 mins away for us, and I was going to try to arrange tickets for visiting family to come along as well.  No chance now.  Half the country will still be in their pyjamas at 12.30pm on Boxing Day.  Not impressed.

This is the most pointless post I've ever seen Smiley
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 10:29:14 »

Should change it to 6 AM so I can go.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 10:29:17 »

This is the most pointless post I've ever seen Smiley

Very good.   Smiley

But seriously, what is the point to this?  This is a fixture that, traditionally, our fans have travelled to in numbers.  The easiest of the London grounds to get to from Swindon, at least by road.  Why would Brentford want to jeopardise that revenue?  Surely this isn't being televised?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 10:33:30 »

If England have any real ambition of getting further than quarter finals in competitions we should be having a winter break. Xmas and new year football should be scrapped
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 10:38:03 »

If England have any real ambition of getting further than quarter finals in competitions we should be having a winter break. Xmas and new year football should be scrapped

Humbug!

Go back a few decades (Reg will be able tell you when), and we had football on Christmas Day.

I may now have to get tickets to watch Harlequins at Twickenham as a means of entertaining the in laws.  It's a sad state of affairs.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 10:46:49 »

Agree Ardiles. Pointless! They spend all that time and effort sorting out the fixture computer so people don't have to travel too far. The home club then moves the game to a lunchtime and those wishing to travel still have to get up early anyway.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 10:52:53 »

Go back a few decades (Reg will be able tell you when), and we had football on Christmas Day.

I've just answered my own question (using, as ever, the excellent STFC Archive at www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk).

On this Day: Dec 25th

In the 60 years between 1899 and 1958 (inclusive), we played 34 times on Christmas Day.

• The first recorded Christmas Day fixture, on Dec 25th 1899, was 2-1 away defeat to Bristol Rovers.
  • The last recorded Christmas Day fixture, on Dec 25th 1958, was (coincidentally) a 2-2 draw away to Brentford
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 11:01:13 »

Very good.   Smiley

But seriously, what is the point to this?  This is a fixture that, traditionally, our fans have travelled to in numbers.  The easiest of the London grounds to get to from Swindon, at least by road.  Why would Brentford want to jeopardise that revenue?  Surely this isn't being televised?

Was it not at the Brentford playoff game that some of our younger fans got pissed up and caused a bit of trouble? Seem to remember it being cited as a reason for a few of our away games being all ticket this season.

If we're still on the local plod's shitlist they might have asked them to move it earlier so there's less drinking time.

As you say though, imagine it will prevent a number of our fans from being able to go.

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 11:06:48 »

Humbug!

I may now have to get tickets to watch Harlequins at Twickenham as a means of entertaining the in laws.  It's a sad state of affairs.

Making players work over Christmas is more Scrooge than having football over that period.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: