Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: SWINDON TOWN: McCrory will 'take time' to find right manager  (Read 8996 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, July 29, 2013, 17:45:42 »

Have we ever started a season without a manager before?

Not since the 1950's, when the then Board thought they could save a few bob and do it themselves....but we've had this debate lready.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, July 29, 2013, 18:03:44 »

If Robson was an applicant with no existing association with the club, he wouldn't be a serious contender because he has no track record or appealing characteristics that set him apart from the field. It's his lack of those that make him a cheap option.

The idea that we appoint a manager by default, because they are in situ, is baffling. We are talking about the position with the greatest impact on the on field affairs of the club. The one man who can make players individually, and the team collectively, play well, play poorly, or tread water.

Interview the guy by all means, but if this board are to act as anything other than administrators, then they must appoint a man for his abilities, not his lack of them, or perhaps more fairly, his failure to display them in his managerial career to date.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, July 29, 2013, 18:14:19 »

Fucking he'll I'm depressed about this season already....without a manager opening day fills me full of dread.

I hope Cooper is King Midas....otherwise the moaning minnies will start.

Clems Army!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, July 29, 2013, 18:17:09 »

If Robson was an applicant with no existing association with the club, he wouldn't be a serious contender because he has no track record or appealing characteristics that set him apart from the field. It's his lack of those that make him a cheap option.

The idea that we appoint a manager by default, because they are in situ, is baffling. We are talking about the position with the greatest impact on the on field affairs of the club. The one man who can make players individually, and the team collectively, play well, play poorly, or tread water.

Interview the guy by all means, but if this board are to act as anything other than administrators, then they must appoint a man for his abilities, not his lack of them, or perhaps more fairly, his failure to display them in his managerial career to date.

Robson Hmmm
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #34 on: Monday, July 29, 2013, 18:20:15 »

Robson Hmmm
It wasn't just me then!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, July 29, 2013, 18:21:59 »

Robson Hmmm

Could be the ghost of Sir Bobby....or maybe Brian needs a job. Pop Robson got fired out as Mackem scout when PdC took over...
STFCFORLIFE

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, July 29, 2013, 18:22:11 »

If the board appoint Cooper they can't complain at the shit they will get! Cooper will get much more grief than KMac from the fans too as he will be written off instantly plus, if results go badly then shit will hit the fan.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, July 29, 2013, 18:22:50 »

Wor Bobby Robson will pick the team via Ouija board!

Clems Army!
Flashheart

« Reply #38 on: Monday, July 29, 2013, 18:24:13 »

I think somebody should just point out that Cooper has not, and may not, be appointed.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, July 29, 2013, 18:24:39 »

Robson Hmmm

Robson, Cooper....whatever his name is!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, July 29, 2013, 18:25:56 »

I think somebody should just point out that Cooper has not, and may not, be appointed.

It might be worth also pointing out that Cooper is currently "managing" us and nobody else has been appointed.
Flashheart

« Reply #41 on: Monday, July 29, 2013, 18:28:18 »

It might be worth also pointing out that Cooper is currently "managing" us and nobody else has been appointed.

And....
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, July 29, 2013, 18:44:16 »

If the board appoint Cooper they can't complain at the shit they will get! Cooper will get much more grief than KMac from the fans too as he will be written off instantly plus, if results go badly then shit will hit the fan.

that says more about our support (I use that term loosely) than anything else.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, July 29, 2013, 18:57:15 »

Robson, Cooper....whatever his name is!!

I am becoming one of them Grammar manager police things.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, July 29, 2013, 18:57:24 »

that says more about our support (I use that term loosely) than anything else.

Charge high prices you get high expectations.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: