Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: THE SAM MORSHEAD COLUMN: Ignorance is not bliss  (Read 13141 times)
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, July 27, 2013, 20:51:44 »

Not at all
How you get that ?

Cooper isnt an option IMHO
Needs someone can do the job not get it just cos he is there ( same applied to Ward/Miller )

The clock is ticking on this seasons kick off - if Power is the DoF and responsible for signings/tactics etc etc then say so
As usual its the not knowing which is becoming the norm under this board

how did I get that? you complained that they appointed the last one too quick and suggested they ought to hurry up this time. that anomaly aside, your views do appear to be quite reasonable and balanced so i'll let you off Wink

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, July 27, 2013, 20:59:06 »

They look a bunch of complete wankers, especially as it's a joke from the 'family friendly' American Office. Offended by a mainstream American comedy, what has this nation come to?

The lad's handled himself well to be fair. Sam M's response was ever so knobjockey-like though.
Don't you have to be familiar with American Office to know that though? I'm not, for one, so wouldn't have been aware there was a reference being made and might have assumed it was a threat. (NB haven't seen the offending tweet so apologies if this was made clear or if the point in some other way doesn't apply)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, July 27, 2013, 21:03:42 »

The tweet referenced being in a room with Hitler and Bin Laden - and Jed, it read as a joke, okay so he didn't position it as 'this is from The Office' but it was obviously a light hearted dig.
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, July 27, 2013, 21:04:09 »

They look a bunch of complete wankers, especially as it's a joke from the 'family friendly' American Office. Offended by a mainstream American comedy, what has this nation come to?

The lad's handled himself well to be fair. Sam M's response was ever so knobjockey-like though.

Jan, sorry you feel I looked like knob jockey. Obviously I don't go out of the way to adopt that image. I wasn't aware of the context of the tweet as I - and many it appears - haven't seen the show. Therefore it's pretty obvious I'd be appalled by the notion that someone would say something like that. Not sure how that is a knob jockey reaction. He explained to me how it was meant to come across and I retweeted his explanation. Twitter can be a minefield like that... context just doesn't come into it. I understand now that it was a joke but for many at the time it didn't appear that way. If you'd seen it, without having heard it on TV before, how would you have reacted?
Flashheart

« Reply #49 on: Saturday, July 27, 2013, 21:09:18 »

Don't you have to be familiar with American Office to know that though? I'm not, for one, so wouldn't have been aware there was a reference being made and might have assumed it was a threat. (NB haven't seen the offending tweet so apologies if this was made clear or if the point in some other way doesn't apply)

I wasn't aware of the reference myself but did not take it seriously at all.

It clearly was not a threat. At least it was not from somebody who is a threat. Just some kid jumping on the 'we hate Jed' bandwagon trying to be funny and, probably, hoping for a lot of support and a few RTs.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, July 27, 2013, 21:10:37 »

The tweet referenced being in a room with Hitler and Bin Laden - and Jed, it read as a joke, okay so he didn't position it as 'this is from The Office' but it was obviously a light hearted dig.
Fair enough. There's a reason I've largely steered clear of twitter Smiley
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, July 27, 2013, 21:10:41 »

Sam, I just think your reaction unfortunately highlights how far we've gone down the let's all get offended first then look into the comment after.

Your tweet which was talking about you saw a tweet about how low people can stoop (words to the effect of) was a complete over reaction. The lad made a joke, actually no he didn't he borrowed a joke, and your first reaction was to proclaim your disgust instead of investigating.

In truth I didn't know it was from The Office to start, but as it was based on being in a room with Hitler and OBL my instincts led me to believe it was a jovial dig so I took it in the spirit it was intended, a joke.

For the purposes of the record I use knob jockey in the spirit as used by the randy Bear on Leigh Francis' C4 programme, just a light hearted insult. Which is pretty tame in comparison to some of the things said on here.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, July 27, 2013, 21:11:51 »

Jan, sorry you feel I looked like knob jockey.
Don't apologise to him Sam, threaten him with an obscure reference from a crap telly show. See how he likes it! Smiley
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, July 27, 2013, 21:13:58 »

Don't apologise to him Sam, threaten him with an obscure reference from a crap telly show. See how he likes it! Smiley

That'd be great.  I've already decided if Sam replies with a well thought out response I'll probably just lay down the Bill Hicks' heckler line

'Frrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeebbbbbbbbbbbbiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrdddddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

It is Saturday night, can't get to heavy about this kind of thing!
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, July 27, 2013, 21:14:13 »

I wasn't aware of the reference myself but did not take it seriously at all.

It clearly was not a threat. At least it was not from somebody who is a threat. Just some kid jumping on the 'we hate Jed' bandwagon trying to be funny and, probably, hoping for a lot of support and a few RTs.

I've never heard of the saying or programme before either but only took it as a kid acting up. A direct threat to Jed life? Not in a million years.
« Last Edit: Saturday, July 27, 2013, 21:17:30 by Notts red » Logged
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, July 27, 2013, 21:17:58 »

Sam, I just think your reaction unfortunately highlights how far we've gone down the let's all get offended first then look into the comment after.

Your tweet which was talking about you saw a tweet about how low people can stoop (words to the effect of) was a complete over reaction. The lad made a joke, actually no he didn't he borrowed a joke, and your first reaction was to proclaim your disgust instead of investigating.

In truth I didn't know it was from The Office to start, but as it was based on being in a room with Hitler and OBL my instincts led me to believe it was a jovial dig so I took it in the spirit it was intended, a joke.

For the purposes of the record I use knob jockey in the spirit as used by the randy Bear on Leigh Francis' C4 programme, just a light hearted insult. Which is pretty tame in comparison to some of the things said on here.

Appreciate what you're saying but my natural reaction to it was different. That's just a human nature thing and the difference in reactions shows how dangerous Twitter can be. I don't mind the knob jockey thing, I've been called much worse, I just think Twitter is a way of self-publicising your thoughts and therefore you have to think about what you tweet. I gave the guy a platform to explain himself and I think most now understand it was intended as a joke, whether or not they agree with the way it's put across.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, July 27, 2013, 21:23:07 »

any danger of someone pasting it here? i've no idea what you're all on about.

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
DMR

« Reply #57 on: Saturday, July 27, 2013, 21:47:41 »

I just think Twitter is a way of self-publicising your thoughts

What would we do without you?
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, July 27, 2013, 22:23:28 »

What would we do without you?
Whatever you were doing before I arrived, I guess.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, July 27, 2013, 22:30:41 »

DMR turning into Dost.  He'll be posting Moosehead's address next.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: