Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: THE SAM MORSHEAD COLUMN: Ignorance is not bliss  (Read 13143 times)
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, July 27, 2013, 20:06:18 »

Not as I see it
Those two game ( a loss to the bottom team in the league and a draw with Preston ) both at home set the tone for the rest of the season.
I know its not a quick job appointing a manager but using those two was a hasty/cheap option

Admittedly they are not rushing into this next appointment but a little more haste might be prudent in light of the date

If its Cooper then just drives home my point more
Cheapest option
so, to paraphrase, they're damned if they do, and damned if they don't? seems reasonable.

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, July 27, 2013, 20:19:19 »

so, to paraphrase, they're damned if they do, and damned if they don't? seems reasonable.
Pretty much.

@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, July 27, 2013, 20:21:21 »

Not at all
How you get that ?

Cooper isnt an option IMHO
Needs someone can do the job not get it just cos he is there ( same applied to Ward/Miller )

The clock is ticking on this seasons kick off - if Power is the DoF and responsible for signings/tactics etc etc then say so
As usual its the not knowing which is becoming the norm under this board
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, July 27, 2013, 20:21:24 »

Apologies if posted elsewhere but the reaction on Twitter to that Swindon lad's 'bullet' joke about Jed's a little over top isn't it?  Just a joke, never thought we'd get to the position where the UK's sense of humour was tamed to such an extent, we used to laugh at anything, now the majority seem to get offended about nothing.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, July 27, 2013, 20:25:39 »

Not at all
How you get that ?

Those two game ( a loss to the bottom team in the league and a draw with Preston ) both at home set the tone for the rest of the season.
I know its not a quick job appointing a manager but using those two was a hasty/cheap option

So what would you have preferred?

Appointing someone immediately and risk it being too hasty?
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, July 27, 2013, 20:27:01 »

Apologies if posted elsewhere but the reaction on Twitter to that Swindon lad's 'bullet' joke about Jed's a little over top isn't it?  Just a joke, never thought we'd get to the position where the UK's sense of humour was tamed to such an extent, we used to laugh at anything, now the majority seem to get offended about nothing.
Yes I saw that, it's the same few who have been offended by any comments that aren't pro Jed. Wanting to contact the police and a ban from the CG where a few of their suggestions.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, July 27, 2013, 20:29:19 »

They look a bunch of complete wankers, especially as it's a joke from the 'family friendly' American Office. Offended by a mainstream American comedy, what has this nation come to?

The lad's handled himself well to be fair. Sam M's response was ever so knobjockey-like though.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, July 27, 2013, 20:29:47 »

As I said before, the public like a mass outrage regardless of context. You think that's bad, you should have seen the cyclists get their lycra in a twist over a comment made by a local publican about running them down. I full apology and explanation that the comment was for some triathlete friends followed, but nobody was listening by then or didn't believe him. He probably has literally suffered in the real world from loss of trade based off a backlash to a stupid 'joke'

That said, a large number of people seem to think saying things on twitter doesn't count. There is a piece on the BBC saying that the women who campaigned to have women put onto bank notes has been threatened with rape. Not nice.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, July 27, 2013, 20:32:45 »

Saw the rape thing, bang out of order, that should be acted on.

Also saw the publican comments and the 'outrage' that followed. Ridiculous, it was just a comment, shouldn't affect his business, problem is people think everything being tweeted is serious. Lighten up twitterati.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, July 27, 2013, 20:35:19 »

So what would you have preferred?

Appointing someone immediately and risk it being too hasty?

IMHO AND only IMHO if we hadnt lost/drawn those Ward/Miller games they would have stayed on

I think Kmac was a hasty appointment because of those results

To a certain extent they were put in an unwinnable position with Dick anio walking out but that was already made aware to them before they took over he was going
IIRC he was persuaded to stay on another week till he thought the deal would be done and embargo lifted

As said previously will give them some time in a fresh season to see how it pans out
Whatever happens they arent going anywhere so what I or anyone else thinks is irrelevant
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, July 27, 2013, 20:35:28 »

They look a bunch of complete wankers, especially as it's a joke from the 'family friendly' American Office. Offended by a mainstream American comedy, what has this nation come to?

The lad's handled himself well to be fair. Sam M's response was ever so knobjockey-like though.
The thing is the very same few were pissing their pants & applauding Jed when he called a Town fan a " Ginger fuck " selective memory perhaps.
Flashheart

« Reply #41 on: Saturday, July 27, 2013, 20:36:41 »

Craig Lyrus put it best.

Craig Lyus ‏@AdverSportCraig 26 Jul
Appalled by THAT tweet to Jed. I mean, what sort of low-life idiot quotes the AMERICAN version of the office? Shameful.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, July 27, 2013, 20:37:32 »

Craig Lyrus put it best.

Craig Lyus ‏@AdverSportCraig 26 Jul
Appalled by THAT tweet to Jed. I mean, what sort of low-life idiot quotes the AMERICAN version of the office? Shameful.

Ha ha, brilliant tweet.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, July 27, 2013, 20:38:15 »

I saw someone retweet an account called "Swindon Cunt Watch" which just appears to be candid photos of random people in Swindon town centre captioned with some unimaginative insults. The anonymity the internet provides really does bring out the shittiest parts of people, doesn't it?

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #44 on: Saturday, July 27, 2013, 20:50:20 »

I saw someone retweet an account called "Swindon Cunt Watch" which just appears to be candid photos of random people in Swindon town centre captioned with some unimaginative insults. The anonymity the internet provides really does bring out the shittiest parts of people, doesn't it?

Fucking brilliant! The facebook page was taken down after about 15 hours. Glad the twitter one is still going.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: