Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: I don't know which direction this club is heading - Caddis  (Read 11324 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 19:16:27 »

Doesn't surprise me hugely, Blackpool's wage budget was reported to be similar to ours and it stands to reason he was a high earner here.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 19:41:44 »

Doesn't surprise me hugely, Blackpool's wage budget was reported to be similar to ours and it stands to reason he was a high earner here.

Otanswell, did you text the radio saying Blackpool was a shithole?

He obviously doesn't hate Swindon enough to GTFO, no matter the situation.

He was always a greedy bugger on Fm11 if memory serves. Not that I'm sure money has ANYTHING whatsoever with his angling for a move...
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 22:17:35 »

Haha yeah I did, they didn't read it out did they???

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 22:25:55 »

Haha yeah I did, they didn't read it out did they???

Yep. Ifil said something along the lines of 'text here from Otanswell, I will paraphrase to take the cursing out, "can't understand why he'd want to go to blackpool anyway..." '
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 22:37:29 »

This roller coaster bollocks used to be from season to season....now it's weekly!!

I don't understand this...Blackpool's roller coaster is much bigger than Swindon's

DRS

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 22:40:07 »

People saying they are not suprised,i am.Just how much are we fucking paying him if he would rather stay here
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 22:44:00 »

Fair point DRS, if their offer was close to matching what we pay him then you'd expect him to choose Championship football wouldn't you.

I don't really blame him for wanting to do the best he can, but equally good as he is if he wants out then he has to go. Hopefully now the value that we'd accept is out there we can get one or two more offers.

I suppose there is the remote possibility he just didn't fancy moving to Blackpool, joking aside.
DRS

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 22:50:26 »

It just seems no one is suprised that Blackpool cant match what we are paying him.When he signed that deal he was a league two player.That is fucking madness.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 22:51:47 »

It just seems no one is suprised that Blackpool cant match what we are paying him.When he signed that deal he was a league two player.That is fucking madness.

Yep

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 23:01:28 »

Assuming the breakdown was purely down to money, and that he was only looking for them to match the pay rather than a pay increase.

The 3 year deal was signed in 2010-11 under Fitton, so I'm surprised it is 'way out there' in terms of cash. Did it rise when we activated his 1 year extension?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 23:04:40 »

Assuming the breakdown was purely down to money, and that he was only looking for them to match the pay rather than a pay increase.

The 3 year deal was signed in 2010-11 under Fitton, so I'm surprised it is 'way out there' in terms of cash. Did it rise when we activated his 1 year extension?
May also be he's just asking for more than they think he's worth
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, July 18, 2013, 04:55:56 »

I guess you also have to remember that our wage bill in the Fitton era was significantly more than £2.9m a season.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, July 18, 2013, 05:51:36 »

That's them royally screwed then,  if we are a shoe in for relegation in league one,  how can they survive on that in the championship?   Cheesy
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, July 18, 2013, 06:17:30 »

Presuming his deal was structured in a similar way to Ferry's (a reasonable assumption) you'd think so.

As stated, it does indicate the gamble we took in terms of offering high wages which has necessitated this summer's upheaval.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, July 18, 2013, 06:27:26 »

We had a high budget we could afford, we no longer have a high budget because we can no longer afford it, no arguments there.

But I'm not sure our wage structure (when it was affordable) was ludicrous compared to say what Brentford and other top spenders are doing now. After all they could afford to bring in Macca, Pompey Devera, City Flint.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: