Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Town track Spurs winger Pritchard  (Read 9378 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2013, 13:27:20 »

Best friends i think
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2013, 13:29:32 »

Not forgetting, of course, that they're called the 'Posh'...which has to be campest nickname for any football club and was probably enough on its own to make the player's mind up.  It's all a smokescreen.
I will never forget Victoria Beckham trying to sue Peterborough for using her nickname on merchandise back in the early 2000's, even though they have used the nickname since the 1920's.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2013, 13:59:26 »

Have I missed something? What is the connection we seem to have with Spurs? Do we have an exclusive eal where we can have any of their young players but aren't allowed to shop anywhere else?!

(Not a complaint)
Seems more positive than the claims by a previous chairman of links with premier clubs!!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2013, 14:05:24 »

According to a Spurs fan I have been speaking to Tim Sherwood only wants players to go out on loan to clubs that play Tottenham's formation/style of play.
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2013, 15:05:09 »

I love our link with spurs
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2013, 15:09:29 »

I love our link with spurs

It's been a while since we had one.  But it served us well in the old days as well.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2013, 15:14:31 »

Dr. Chang, dont you know Tim Sherwood personally? Why don't you ask him?

I would imagine it's not odd for a team to say 'Okay, you were at that club last season, but we would prefer you to go to this club because their manager is proven at bringing on youngsters, and we have experience dealing with him from last season and are happy with his work.'

Not that anyone has suggested it yet, but I can imagine worse fates than twinning with Spurs in some respects and acting as a feeder club. They have a great scouting setup, good youth prospects, and are probably paying the wages of the kids on loan. Any way we can make the team better for free (or for cheap) has to be good. It's not like we're changing our name or anything, we're still Swindon, we're just using our connections to cultivate a better future for ourselves and Spurs as well.

Slightly off topic, but I think all Premiership terms should have to 'sponsor' a L1/L2 side. It would help counterbalance the whole financial gulf.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2013, 15:22:13 »

I would imagine it's not odd for a team to say 'Okay, you were at that club last season, but we would prefer you to go to this club because their manager is proven at bringing on youngsters, and we have experience dealing with him from last season and are happy with his work.'

Not that anyone has suggested it yet, but I can imagine worse fates than twinning with Spurs in some respects and acting as a feeder club. They have a great scouting setup, good youth prospects, and are probably paying the wages of the kids on loan. Any way we can make the team better for free (or for cheap) has to be good. It's not like we're changing our name or anything, we're still Swindon, we're just using our connections to cultivate a better future for ourselves and Spurs as well.

Slightly off topic, but I think all Premiership terms should have to 'sponsor' a L1/L2 side. It would help counterbalance the whole financial gulf.

It's definitely a positive step as long as....we are still free to bring in whoever else we want and we don't 'have' to play the players on loan.

The only fall back would be if these players turn out to be very good but not good enough for Spurs they may get sold on and we probably wouldn't get anything out of it....although I suppose it's not impossible Spurs might chuck us a percentage as a development fee.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2013, 15:26:55 »

Very

2 done, now if Pritchard signs, could be icing on a lovely spurs flavoured cake.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2013, 15:48:07 »

Obsessed.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2013, 17:19:07 »

Is there a maximum amount of players you can have on loan from one club? I could look it up but I'm sure devoted football manager players could probably tell me quicker.
iffy

« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2013, 17:20:17 »

The Peterborough chairman is a bit of a cock at the best of times so I'll take what he says with a pinch of salt. Like others have said, i doubt he gives a fuck which League One team he turns out for.

Peterborough have the advantage of having had him last season whereas we seem to have the contacts with Spurs at the moment, plus no doubt some of his mates are here too.

Case for the prosecution:
1. timeshare salesman
2. calls himself DMAC
3. has his own iphone app: http://www.darraghmacanthony.com/the-dmac-app/

Any one of these would suggest he is a massive tool, but to have all three in one man is a pretty strong case.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2013, 17:22:02 »

Is there a maximum amount of players you can have on loan from one club? I could look it up but I'm sure devoted football manager players could probably tell me quicker.

Think someone posted it up yesterday as a maximum of four players.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2013, 17:24:40 »

Obsessed.

Oh, is there a restraining order in place? Shame, he could have straightened all that out.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: