Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Swindon Town chairman to step aside when takeover goes through  (Read 11216 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 11:06:31 »

Quite right...although I suppose most of us secretly hoped, SWP, might have known someone willing to throw petro-dollars at us....rather than the gentleman looking to make something of Cheltnumb.
Not me, I'm with Ardiles on this. Anyone looking for the "rich sheik" route need only look at the two Nottingham clubs and Pompey and remind themselves of the old saying "Be very careful what you wish for, you might get it"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 11:08:08 »

Well we don't have much choice do we. Its Jed or bust.

The way I see things (probably wrongly) the sale of Matt Ritchie should let us continue to try for promotion until the end of the season, then all bets are off.

But somehow it all feels "normal" again!

Do you mean "normal" as in back to being dysfunctional? 

Reality is there are about 10 weeks of the season left, the Ritchie money should cover the wages for this...then season ticket money starts to come in. The new owners will then want to look to trim the wage bill.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 11:36:51 »

Close the door on your way out SWP!

#VivaKenBarlow!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 11:44:25 »

Thanks for all the good work you have done for the good of the club. Fuck all. Now fuck off
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 11:54:55 »

Given the nice big bonus SWP is probably on for getting the club sold, I imagine he is as keen as anyone to get the sold sign up!

Is it true he changed the directors contracts at STFC so they all got paid etc?  Wonder if the new mob will carry this on or will go back to being unpaid?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 11:58:55 »

Is it true he changed the directors contracts at STFC so they all got paid etc? 
It's true the Articles of Association were amended so that directors could be paid. Whether they all are or indeed any of them is another matter. And it's not true that SWP instigated the change - he may have asked for it, but it was at Black's behest as majority shareholder. But I don't think it requires too much of a leap of logic to suppose that the change was required to allow SWP to be given a salary in return for his 2 days a month or whatever it was and (probably more to the point) a nice chunky "Sold the club" bonus on departure.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 12:05:17 »

Do you mean "normal" as in back to being dysfunctional? 

"dysfunctional" isn't the word i would use, but a reset back to where we scrape around buying players and occasionally land the odd cox or Parkin that fires us up the league.

If it stops us going bust so be it. The difference this time seems to be that we should be better placed financially than ever before. Unless we have money owing to Black that needs to be repaid at a specific time.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 12:10:11 »

Patey says in the article the club will be virtually debt free.

So is it likely Black has written off the money he has put into the club?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 12:11:54 »

Last I heard was some secured debt remained. I wasn't sure what this means in terms of when/how/if we need to pay it back.

Is this understood to be the case? Does it need paying back by a certain date?

Anyone? Anyone? Anyone?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 12:17:33 »

Last I heard was some secured debt remained. I wasn't sure what this means in terms of when/how/if we need to pay it back.

Is this understood to be the case? Does it need paying back by a certain date?

Anyone? Anyone? Anyone?
This was rumoured somewhere on the net, a secured debt owed to Arbib, something about it being linked to the County Ground was mentioned, not sure what it actually was though.

Sorry its not of more use.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 12:19:41 »

I think I asked Paul this before, but I can't remember what the answer was!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 12:28:43 »

I think I asked Paul this before, but I can't remember what the answer was!
Si Pie's your man:
http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=50498.msg1154300#msg1154300
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 12:31:32 »

As at 31st May 2011, other loans total £900k owed to Sir M Arbib and £500k owed to A Black. Of these advances to the club, £1.2m are secured against the leasehold of the County Ground. All amounts advanced from Sir M Arbib and A Black are interest free and fall due for repayment in 2013.[/u]

Wonder if this is the case stll....
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 12:45:43 »

Apologies Si Pie, I think it was you.

Generally these kind of questions do go to Paul and Si Pie as they seem to know what is going on. Perhaps they should have their own forum, much like that total dunce 4D.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 13:16:24 »

Reality is there are about 10 weeks of the season left, the Ritchie money should cover the wages for this...then season ticket money starts to come in. The new owners will then want to look to trim the wage bill.

Reg you keep raising this matter on every thread that the new owners have no cash, will look to trim the wage bill etc, have I missed the posts that have illustrated this as I was under the impression that we didn't know the background or in fact names of all members.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: