Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC News: Swindon: Chairman says there is no money for 'big signings'  (Read 9174 times)
News Monkey

« on: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 10:00:07 »

Swindon: Chairman says there is no money for 'big signings'

Swindon chairman Sir William Patey reveals there is no money for Paolo di Canio to strengthen his squad in January.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20889465

fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 10:19:32 »

I didnt hear this interview on the BEEB ..... So whats this business ....

"The dream scenario is we'd be in the Championship with new investors and new owners"

Have they picked out a line in a interview?
lambourn red

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 10:24:34 »

Queue wild rumours of us going into administration by the yellow filth
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 10:27:04 »

There isnt any money as we are at the wage cap limit, or just under. We knew that.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 10:30:16 »

Queue wild rumours of us going into administration by the yellow filth
They are way way way ahead of you, there has been thread of Admin on the yellows forum for a couple of days now. Wankers.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 10:39:48 »

Two days ago, we put 5 goals past another side without reply in front of 10,000 of our own fans...something that lot could only dream about.  Ill-founded message board speculation is about all they have at the moment.  Don't begrudge them their small pleasures.
Coca Fola

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 16:54:12 »

Other fans will read that and think we're skint but the fact is we do have the money, they just don't want to spend it.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 17:09:31 »

Other fans will read that and think we're skint but the fact is we do have the money, they just don't want to spend it.

The owners have money, not sure the club itself has bags of it.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 17:12:29 »

I didnt hear this interview on the BEEB ..... So whats this business ....

"The dream scenario is we'd be in the Championship with new investors and new owners"

Have they picked out a line in a interview?

Yes, although everyone seems to have taken it different to me. Lets be honest here - apart from a select few clubs who are massive globally or have stupidly wealthy foreign owners...

...how many clubs ARENT looking for new investment or new owners?

I dont think ours want out or anything as over the top as that - but lets be honest, as fantastic as the current lot have been for our football club, we'd all like (and need...)richer people with more money because thats whats needed in football these days

Of course - I expect if we do sell Caddis for a decent fee then that would give us some room for maneuver.
Coca Fola

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 17:12:50 »

I'm ok with austerity as long as it's only for this transfer window.. Our squad is strong enough as it is, I don't think we need any additions apart from the loanees hopefully re-signing.
corner

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 17:13:50 »

I think tommorows board meeting will be very significant in the push for promotion and the future of Paolo and mr black at this club.
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 17:16:39 »

I dont know what it is but realy dont like this patey he reminds me of the old regime who used to be here with holt and the greek its not sounding very promiseing at the club at the moment i fear his comments could well spell the end of our season and the end of the di canio era.
Flashheart

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 17:19:35 »

Have a word with yourselves.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 17:20:39 »

I dont know what it is but realy dont like this patey he reminds me of the old regime who used to be here with holt and the greek its not sounding very promiseing at the club at the moment i fear his comments could well spell the end of our season and the end of the di canio era.

Yeah, on the back of two 5-0 wins, with the best attack and best defence in the division - after one interview with the Chairman where he says there won't be money to add to our already large squad I agree we're fucked.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 17:21:47 »

I think we'll be fine. If we can keep our loan players here and get rid of the deadwood (by trying not to pay them off) then I really think we'll go close to winning the league!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: