Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Di Canio contract talks on hold  (Read 9410 times)
News Monkey

« on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 06:00:06 »

Di Canio contract talks on hold

PAOLO Di Canio plans to put talks on his long-term future on hold until promotion to League One is assured.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/9632459.Di_Canio_contract_talks_on_hold/r/?ref=rss

Dozno9

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 06:27:50 »

Well, there's only one thing to do...

[url width=347 height=346]http://siliconangle.com/files/2010/07/panic-button.png[/url]
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 06:33:37 by Azza » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 06:47:51 »

Not really panicing, but I don't like the whole uncertainty of "if I remain"...Admittedly that could just be PDCs way of saying things, but his language seems to have become more uncertain in recent weeks.

I guess managers are ephemeral, lets see what happens.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 06:50:44 »

Even Messi talks in ifs about staying at Barca, I'm sure its nothing....

PANIC

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 06:54:40 »

Even Messi talks in ifs about staying at Barca,

We've tapped him up, shhhhhhh Wink
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 07:43:21 »

Not worried about this.

Go and buy a PDC mousemat

http://yellowsforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=8651
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 07:50:25 »

It's only 10 days delay, I think I can cope.
lambourn red

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 09:01:24 »

I am pretty sure he has been tapped up by West Ham , I guess it comes down to Wray convincing him that promises made about the long term plan for the club when he signed are still in place. I really do worry about how much of an affect the boo boys have had on him it could be something as little as the incident against Rovers that could sway him as we all know how hot headed he is.  I really hope Big Sam can turn it around and get them up and then it will all be a storm in a teacup .
Flashheart

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 09:08:11 »

I am pretty sure he has been tapped up by West Ham ,

Oh dear
Flashheart

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 09:09:55 »

What bleedin difference does it matter if he extends straight away or not anyway, he still has another year to run regardless. There's no rush.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 09:12:06 »

I am pretty sure he has been tapped up by West Ham , I guess it comes down to Wray convincing him that promises made about the long term plan for the club when he signed are still in place. I really do worry about how much of an affect the boo boys have had on him it could be something as little as the incident against Rovers that could sway him as we all know how hot headed he is.  I really hope Big Sam can turn it around and get them up and then it will all be a storm in a teacup .

In all honesty, if a few boos from a small section of the crowd is enough to persuade Paolo his future lies elsewhere (and, for the record, I don't think it is), then he's not going to be cut out for management anyway.  The irony of this is that if he really wants to know what it's like to have a crowd on your back, West Ham would be ideal.

Agree with the point about the Chairman needing to set out his longer term plans for the club.  I'm sure he already has, to a point.  But now, for example, could be a very good time to go a little more public with the detail of the proposals for the ground redevelopment.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 09:14:23 »

I don't think West Ham will go for Paolo at the moment, they will get someone else in with more experience at a higher level before they take a punt on Paolo. IF we do well next season after promotion and West Ham not doing so well then MAYBE they may make a move for him.

I think Paolo will sign a 1 year extention with an option to leave if West Ham approach us/him.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 09:20:55 »

Not worried by West Ham at all. Not yet. He'll be here next season IMO.
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 09:23:41 »

Beware false idols.

PDC has lead us to a fantastic season. But with his comparative transfer budget, he probably should have achieved most of what he has. He isn't perfect though and the recent Tehoue saga worries me - should these incidents still be happening now the recruitment process should have settled down?

He is still very raw as a manager and I cannot believe anyone at West Ham would think him ready to clean up the mess Allardyce is making.

I really hope PDC stays for as long as possible. His approach has been a breath of fresh air, and won't be repeated, so we should enjoy it. One day he will leave though, and as long as the current chairman keeps making on-field success a priority, and is backed up by his board, STFC will continue to move forwards.
Flashheart

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 09:24:02 »

It's nothing news...... nothing..... slow day at the office.

It's not a delay, not a hold up. There's nothing getting in the way. How many managers get their contracts extended now anyway? The journo has asked a question because there's not much else to do and PDC has answered it.

That's all
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: