Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: This is our World Cup final - Paolo  (Read 6298 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 10:15:07 »

The last time a Manager got us wound-up prior to an Oxford game was the joey beating, and that worked out ok.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 10:15:52 »

'Taking the Riss'

Will be the headline on Monday. I hope!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 10:18:26 »

On the flip side, this group of players have an incredible opportunity to make themselves very popular very early on. From such games do heroes make.

Think back to Turbo's unlikely brace at the M*nor Ground.

These lads should be dreaming of becoming terrace heroes, not shitting themselves.

I'm not sure that making this out to be something other than 3 points is the way to go...for example I spoke to Turbo a couple of days after the last Manor game...and he told me he'd been surprised by the reaction as he didn't know it was a derby.....for him a derby was County v Forest.

We'll see... di Canio is bound to make mistakes as a rookie manager.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 10:23:54 »

I hope its more Brazil v Italy than W.Germany v Argentina.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 10:24:20 »

if nothing else it sets the players heads straight as to what it will be like inside the ground and the expectation that goes with it. 
some may rise to that.  some may hide.  hopefully it will allow paolo a chance to separate mice from men before they play on sunday.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 10:29:04 »

I'm not sure that making this out to be something other than 3 points is the way to go...for example I spoke to Turbo a couple of days after the last Manor game...and he told me he'd been surprised by the reaction as he didn't know it was a derby.....for him a derby was County v Forest.

We'll see... di Canio is bound to make mistakes as a rookie manager.

If the players go out thinking this is just another three points then they'll be in for a big surprise... they absolutely need to be prepared for the big crowd, the atmos and the challenges likely to come their way in the opening exchanges.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 10:39:02 »

If the players go out thinking this is just another three points then they'll be in for a big surprise... they absolutely need to be prepared for the big crowd, the atmos and the challenges likely to come their way in the opening exchanges.

Absolutely not...there would be a big surprise if it was 4 points....players need to be properly focussed and mentally prepared for any game....pointing out factors laregly beyond their control is a basic mistake. Keep it simple focus on your job within the side and nothing else much matters.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 10:42:41 »

No word on Clarke with the 12pm deadline just minutes away.  That means Connell & ?? up front, I guess.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 10:46:38 »

The last time a Manager got us wound-up prior to an Oxford game was the joey beating, and that worked out ok.

There is only one word for that game. Magnificent. Fans and players united as one against Cry Baby Beauchamp Cool
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 10:47:25 »

No word on Clarke with the 12pm deadline just minutes away.  That means Connell & ?? up front, I guess.

It doesn't look likely. They did sign Gabilondo and are waiting for international clearance.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 10:48:50 »

Oh well, that means Connell absolutely positively has to play. Alongside who though? Hmmm
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 10:51:44 »

Kerrouche.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 10:52:17 »

I guess it'll be De Vita. Won't be Bodin based on what PDC was saying about the youngsters after the Dagenham game. I think he was referring to Bodin when he said he had over-estimated some of the players.

edit: Forgot about Kerrouche. He sounded well up for it against Dagenham, get him in. Looks a bit scary too.
« Last Edit: Friday, August 19, 2011, 10:54:09 by welshred » Logged
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 10:53:05 »

Oh well, that means Connell absolutely positively has to play. Alongside who though? Hmmm

I'd go for Kersploosh. He looked pretty lively against Dagenham and got in their faces.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 10:56:40 »

me too. kerrouche and connell please. ferry in for risser. for the rest, as you were.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: