Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: This is our World Cup final - Paolo  (Read 6300 times)
News Monkey

« on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 07:00:14 »

This is our World Cup final - Paolo

PAOLO Di Canio has played in some of the biggest derby fixtures in football but as he prepares for Swindon’s first meeting with fierce rivals Oxford in over eight years, the Italian believes his
  first as a manager will supersede all of them.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/9204684.This_is_our_World_Cup_final___Paolo/?ref=rss

Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 07:43:01 »

It's a massive game but I wish he hadn't said this! A world cup final for the Pox maybe.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 07:45:57 »

Now the nerves are kicking in! I've been telling myself that Sunday is just another game, but now that it's almost here I can't pretend anymore.

This game is fucking massive. There might only be 3 points at stake, like any other league game, and I'm sure there will be some on here that will view it as little more than that. But for me this is one of the biggest games in the last 10 years.

Winning it will put a grin on my face for weeks.

Losing it doesn't bear thinking about..

It's All Good..............
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 08:02:14 »

Just in case the result doesn't go the way we want, can we have a blanket ban on new members of the TEF for a while?
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 08:05:11 »

Just in case the result doesn't go the way we want, can we have a blanket ban on new members of the TEF for a while?

This
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 08:08:50 »

'World Cup Final' is stretching it a bit I think. I'm actually slightly concerned that he actually might get the players wound up a bit too much, to the point where it affects their performance (it can happen). Hope I'm wrong.

Oh yeah, if the unthinkable happens - blanket ban - I'm all in favour.
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 08:12:18 »

yeah it will take me over two weeks to recover and its bad enough with all the new yellow fuck wits giving large this season already (oxford_fan is excluded from this rant)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 08:27:06 »

Fuck me, if the players were apparantly nervous to play against crewe, what are they going to be like on sunday?

Things get better but they never get good
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 08:27:43 »

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. Its been bad enough since Tuesday night when they went a whole (alomst unassailable) point ahead of us in the league.

Fuckwits.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 08:29:08 »

i woke up today thinking it was sunday. simultaneously exciting and worrying.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 08:37:41 »

Now the nerves are kicking in! I've been telling myself that Sunday is just another game, but now that it's almost here I can't pretend anymore.

This game is fucking massive. There might only be 3 points at stake, like any other league game, and I'm sure there will be some on here that will view it as little more than that. But for me this is one of the biggest games in the last 10 years.

Winning it will put a grin on my face for weeks.

Losing it doesn't bear thinking about..

Completely agree.  I will struggle to forgive them for several weeks if they don't beat the pox.

Also in favour of the blanket ban on new members.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 08:58:40 »

if we don't win I'm avoiding townend/twitter/football for at least three weeks.

Losing is not an option.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 09:03:00 »

On the flip side, this group of players have an incredible opportunity to make themselves very popular very early on. From such games do heroes make.

Think back to Turbo's unlikely brace at the M*nor Ground.

These lads should be dreaming of becoming terrace heroes, not shitting themselves.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 09:27:01 »

Could be a maker or breaker of a certain Namibian captain, if he gets the nod that is.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 09:30:30 »

Could be a maker or breaker of a certain Namibian captain, if he gets the nod that is.

Yes. And I'm not sure that he should.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: