Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: QA with Jeremy Wray  (Read 9903 times)
Huwwy

"The world is my lobster"

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 23:07:57 »

Hart then came along with his plan A

Are you sure about this? From memory, I think that may be massively overstating his planning skills.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 23:22:26 by Huwwy » Logged
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 23:21:42 »

Agree with needing a plan B.  I have every confidence we won't need one but you just need to look back at last year for evidence of needing one.  Wilson didn't have a plan B and when things started to go wrong he had no idea of how to put them right.  This continued until he left which was by then in hindsight too late. 

Hart then came along with his plan A but again forgot or simply didn't have a plan B and we all know the result  Suicide

what do you say though, you get to january and if we're not meeting our targets then we're not in the play-offs or even lower.  there's so many different scenarios that could happen between now and then that you can't have a plan b in place for 5 or 6 months down the line.

would you be happy if he said 'we'll sack di canio and his staff but because of the pay-off for that i'll be running team affairs until next season'?  ott i know but i don't see the club publicly declaring a plan b for in 6 months time productive at all, it's not the right message to be coming out of the club at all?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, July 28, 2011, 00:56:12 »

Having no plan B post January/Austin is one of the main reason we're down here in the first place. We sold him before we had a replacement lined up, bid for Mason got knocked back and panic signed Benyon.

They should have multiple back up plans for just about every possible outcome between now and January. If the board want to get promotion right first time (and they do) then meticulous planning for everything is needed.

Maybe they do have these but don't want to undermine Di Canio/the team so won't even talk about them publicly.

At a minimum Di Canio should have a transfer kitty and wage budget left available for the January window.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, July 28, 2011, 08:12:15 »

Ahem.

I'm not sure, but it's probably jeremy@swindontownfc.co.uk assuming it's the same format as Nick Watkins

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #49 on: Thursday, July 28, 2011, 08:29:34 »

ta.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, July 28, 2011, 10:54:34 »

Having no plan B post January/Austin is one of the main reason we're down here in the first place. We sold him before we had a replacement lined up, bid for Mason got knocked back and panic signed Benyon.

They should have multiple back up plans for just about every possible outcome between now and January. If the board want to get promotion right first time (and they do) then meticulous planning for everything is needed.

Maybe they do have these but don't want to undermine Di Canio/the team so won't even talk about them publicly.

At a minimum Di Canio should have a transfer kitty and wage budget left available for the January window.

yeah, they'll have ideas about what might need to happen, it's the telling the public those plans that i'd have a problem with
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 16:59:12 »

Dairylea spread (or a supermarket own brand version) is an ever present in our fridge.

Of course it is.  No bugger'll eat it.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 08:29:11 »

I'm surprised nobody asked what the situation was regarding Milan Misun. Does anybody know?
I'm assuming that because he wasn't allocated a kit number he is no longer with STFC........but it would be nice to have this confirmed.
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 08:31:51 »

I'm surprised nobody asked what the situation was regarding Milan Misun. Does anybody know?
I'm assuming that because he wasn't allocated a kit number he is no longer with STFC........but it would be nice to have this confirmed.

yeah good point, can someone tweet Gary Rose and ask
Parkin09

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 08:53:39 »

I did ask in the comments but it never got asked!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 10:37:45 »

yeah good point, can someone tweet Gary Rose and ask

Done. Asked if he is 100% detached from the club.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 11:24:25 »

He said  'Official line remains that he was never under contract and as a consequence is not a Swindon Town player, hence no shirt no'

Never knowingly overstated.
Parkin09

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 11:32:08 »

What about the 6 figure fee we paid to Celtic?

is that just being written off by the club as 'whoops'?
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 11:35:40 »

You'd assume that if he didnt sign a contract, we didnt pay a fee.

Never knowingly overstated.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: