Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: QA with Jeremy Wray  (Read 9904 times)
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 12:49:44 »

Not ever had a prob with the food myself - but not had a burger in yonks, tend to go for a Steak n' Kidney pie - which is always nice. Not much can go wrong with a pie though, even the 16 year olds behind the counter can manage it successfully - heat it through, open the packet, take inflated price from consumer, job done....

Not suffered any vicious stomach cramps yet...
Huwwy

"The world is my lobster"

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 12:54:16 »

Not suffered any vicious stomach cramps yet...

I almost shat myself on quite a few occassions at the CG last season, but that was due more to our 'defence' than any over priced pies
LJ9
Whining little Bitch

PDC: "Send me off, we will win this league anyway"

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 12:56:47 »

So good to see JW has a sense of humour...

sthatyoulovesey: Why are we treated like dogs in the Town End an yet charged almost as much for the privilege?

JW: I think you're barking up the wrong tree, but I'll get Nick Watkins to give me a lead on this. It should be something he can get his teeth into.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 13:01:25 »

Does anyone know Jeremy's email address at the club?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 13:17:54 »

They shouldve done this through the club website rather than the site that has a vast population of mongoloid cunts
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 15:25:29 »

I didn't think the questions were too unreasonable Tans.

edit: One interesting point:

"I would prefer to see seven subs not least because we must have six home-grown players in the starting 16 and 18 may prove easier. "

Have we got that many home grown players Smiley Point though, will we be forced to pick a weaker squad just to satisfy the criteria? I'll have t go through Johnny's squad list to work out home many home grown we have later..
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 15:36:33 by Batch » Logged
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 16:20:14 »

I thought there were some decent questions and some excellent answers there from Mr Wray, and he certainly has a sense of humour, taking out the seats for the oxford game etc Smiley
stfcinbmth

« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 19:21:18 »

Yes

No other cheese tastes as good on a burger.
I can't explain it, but it's a fact.

I'll have to third that one, can't beat a bit of square cheese on a burger

Love the double square cheese burgers from the van in the car park by the magic roundabout, yum
Wyndham

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 19:22:09 »

I didn't think the questions were too unreasonable Tans.

edit: One interesting point:

"I would prefer to see seven subs not least because we must have six home-grown players in the starting 16 and 18 may prove easier. "

Have we got that many home grown players Smiley Point though, will we be forced to pick a weaker squad just to satisfy the criteria? I'll have t go through Johnny's squad list to work out home many home grown we have later..

I always thought it was a minimum of 4 rather 6 home grown players so just had a look on the football league website and it says the following:-

"32.7 Home Grown Players. Each Club shall, with effect from the commencement of Season 2009/2010 be required to nominate a minimum of four Home Grown Players on their Team Sheet of Players for all League Competition Matches (including Play Off Matches)."

I would assume that De Vita would be classed as homegrown because of the time he spent at Blackburn and so would McCormack but Ferry and Caddis would not be classed as homegrown as it applies to being at English and Welsh clubs for 3 years under the age of 21.

I make it that we currently have 9 players that would not be classed as homegrown so whether its 4 or 6 required we should be okay.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 20:08:39 »

Stilton and Dairylea - interesting. I think Mr Wray is a proper man ( Stilton ) who is in touch with his feminine side ( Dairylea ) but not in a Bummer way. 
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 20:32:15 »

I registered to ask a question about what plans we had for January if we werent meeting our targets.

All Wray said was we'll worry about that at the time. Which certainly wasnt the sort of answer I was looking for or expecting, even if you have full confidence in Plan A (which I do for the record) there still needs to be a Plan B.

I also mentioned whether we'd turn down bids for our top players but I believe that got completely ignored.

Much more important than the fucking food!

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 20:33:32 »

Does anyone know Jeremy's email address at the club?

Ahem.
Parkin09

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 20:34:55 »

I registered to ask a question about what plans we had for January if we werent meeting our targets.

All Wray said was we'll worry about that at the time. Which certainly wasnt the sort of answer I was looking for or expecting, even if you have full confidence in Plan A (which I do for the record) there still needs to be a Plan B.

I also mentioned whether we'd turn down bids for our top players but I believe that got completely ignored.

Much more important than the fucking food!

I thought he answered it perfectly.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 20:45:45 »

Interesting quote from Wray:

"But inevitably the squad will get pruned down in the coming weeks."

At first glance seems a bit odd that we're signing up a lot of players on 2 year contracts with the intention of offloading some of them quickly.  Presumably will be on loan, and maybe mainly the younger ones, but surely is likely to cost a bit to have players under contract that we won't be using.
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 22:47:07 »

Agree with needing a plan B.  I have every confidence we won't need one but you just need to look back at last year for evidence of needing one.  Wilson didn't have a plan B and when things started to go wrong he had no idea of how to put them right.  This continued until he left which was by then in hindsight too late. 

Hart then came along with his plan A but again forgot or simply didn't have a plan B and we all know the result  Suicide
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: