Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Di Canio receving positive response from fans, says Watkins  (Read 6626 times)
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #30 on: Thursday, June 9, 2011, 13:36:24 »

So you don't care if we don't go up then?

Well yes but if we dont as long as we finish about the pox.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, June 9, 2011, 15:02:30 »

so it'd be a successful season if we finished 10th and the pox 11th?

BANGKOK RED

« Reply #32 on: Thursday, June 9, 2011, 15:04:15 »

us finishing above pox + no promotion < us not finishing above pox + promotion
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, June 9, 2011, 15:05:22 »

us finishing above pox + no promotion < us not finishing above pox + promotion

My feelings exactly.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #34 on: Thursday, June 9, 2011, 15:07:45 »

so it'd be a successful season if we finished 10th and the pox 11th?

Not successful but better them finish 10th and us finish 11th and us not go up.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, June 9, 2011, 15:08:48 »

the only way next season for me will be successful is if we're promoted. whether it be automatic or playoffs

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, June 9, 2011, 15:29:12 »

The games vs Oxford next year are going to be important, no doubt about it.  But I'm not about to start using them as our benchmark for success.  They're just one of 23 other sides in the division that we need to finish above.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, June 9, 2011, 15:39:33 »

I'm confident that we'll be up there; finished 5 points off the play-offs last season and have already added the experience at the back that we were missing last season.

As a relatively impartial outsider its more or less impossible to assess your chances. When you look at your 2011 form its clear to see that there are some pretty deep-lying problems and that some major rebuilding needs to take place. But a new managerial appointment and clearing out a load of players is a good start.

The celebrity managerial appointment is anyones guess. I'd be inclined to say that there will be an adjustment period (again, how long this takes is anyones guess - a few months, six months, a season) whilst he gets used to actually being a manager for the first time, and then also becoming familiar with a division that I suspect he knows little about. He could also hit the ground running and be a complete natural, or it could go really badly. I would't put any bets on you, put it that way.

It'll be interesting to see who you sign, and that might unmuddy the waters a little.

...and left them with an unfinished ground in one of the most dreary and inaccessible parts of town, right next to local sewerage treatment works.

Great legacy, that.  Glad it's not us.  The experience of match days there must be hellish...so in that context, I guess 3,000 season tickets isn't bad.  The 3,000 all deserve a f**king medal.

Kassam is a complete cunt and I'd take the Manor back any day with its 7 stands because it was a proper old football ground, but the new ground isn't the dreadful experience that you exaggerate it to be. You never smell the sewage works for instance, I don't even know where they are. I'd guess where the big Thames Water signs are, which is a little way from the ground.

Our attendances can't be knocked really, based on last seasons averages we are the 7th best supported side outside of the Championship and have solid away numbers.

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, June 9, 2011, 15:45:28 »

di canio has clearly got many people excited. If we don't come out the blocks flying our gates will be shit despite decent season ticket sales.
It's shit or bust this coming season. I'm hopeful and more optimistuc by the day that it's gonna be a good un
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, June 9, 2011, 15:56:30 »

"Our attendances can't be knocked really, based on last seasons averages we are the 7th best supported side outside of the Championship and have solid away numbers."

They're not bad i'll give you that. 7th i think is pushing the truth a tad mind.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, June 9, 2011, 16:00:57 »

The games vs Oxford next year are going to be important, no doubt about it.  But I'm not about to start using them as our benchmark for success.  They're just one of 23 other sides in the division that we need to finish above.

The main importance of the games against O*frod, are as an indicator of how far we've sunk. It's a bit of a smack in the chops to actually have to play them in a league game after so long....that they're probably favorites to win at the CG, just goes to show the pit that we've fallen into....

When Macari took over a shit side it took him a season to get things sorted....get rid of the deadwood, get in some new better players, start to get competitive, especially at home. If di Canio can do something similar then he'll be doing well.
« Last Edit: Thursday, June 9, 2011, 16:04:32 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, June 9, 2011, 16:03:42 »

Kassam is a complete cunt and I'd take the Manor back any day with its 7 stands because it was a proper old football ground, but the new ground isn't the dreadful experience that you exaggerate it to be. You never smell the sewage works for instance, I don't even know where they are. I'd guess where the big Thames Water signs are, which is a little way from the ground.

Our attendances can't be knocked really, based on last seasons averages we are the 7th best supported side outside of the Championship and have solid away numbers.

I know, I was laying it on think deliberately.   Wink

Have to hold my hand up and admit that I've never seen a game there, either.  (Visited the Manor many times in the 1990s, but was in an East End pub with a crowd of London based Town fans for the FA Cup game in 2002.)  I had a good look at the new ground a few years later though after karting nearby at a friend's stag weekend and couldn't escape the feeling that the planners had pushed the football club as far away as they possibly could without it actually leaving Oxford all together.  Not surprising given the city's history, I suppose.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #42 on: Thursday, June 9, 2011, 16:06:26 »

that they're probably favorites to win at the CG, just goes to show the pit that we've fallen into....

Fishing.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, June 9, 2011, 16:07:15 »

"Our attendances can't be knocked really, based on last seasons averages we are the 7th best supported side outside of the Championship and have solid away numbers."

They're not bad i'll give you that. 7th i think is pushing the truth a tad mind.

Sorry just checked, 10th
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #44 on: Thursday, June 9, 2011, 16:08:22 »

Is that behind us? Genuine question.

Do you have a link where i could have a look fella
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: