Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Di Canio receving positive response from fans, says Watkins  (Read 6622 times)
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, June 9, 2011, 08:06:18 »

Mixed response?  Are you having a laugh?  750 down on last season is incredible given the shite people had to put up with last season.

Even better, Poxford have only sold 3000 STs

http://www.oufc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10342~2373352,00.html

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, June 9, 2011, 08:07:27 »

4,250 already is a great response I am impressed, if Hart had been appointed I feel that figure would have been under 2,000.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, June 9, 2011, 08:09:38 »

But cancelled your manager sponsorship didn't you?

Yes but thats partly due to the cost as well... I was having a re-think as I have sponsored the manager for a few seasons now, PDC has dodged the question several times about his politics so thought he is here as manager lets get on with it, but the cost will go up massively as the club need to maximise revenues following relegation as they have told me. Not my fault we were relegated but the clubs finances etc are paramount so... cut your cloth accordingly and get the best deal for the club, not becuase someone has been loyal over time. I am sure I will be offered a player to sponsor should I want it at a more reasonable price. I will likely not bother and just use the money to go to some of the L2 grounds I need to go to.

Whilst the club have not said it and I will get first refusal on PDC Sponsorship, they have already said on more than one occasion that they have had several parties wanting to sponsor PDC, this meaning the price will go up by quite some margin I would imagine. I would imagine a company will be willing to sponsor PDC for a lot more than I would be and thus the club from a business standpoint can build a relationship with that sponsor instead of just a "fan".

STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, June 9, 2011, 08:10:48 »

I respect that Mex is a man of principle and miss his posts.

However am i not right in saying he wasn't going to renew anyway this year though? Before the PDC announcement.

In fairness a lot of people said that, once players start going and you get over the initial shitness of the season before you want the season to start again and fall in love with it again!
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, June 9, 2011, 08:24:58 »

Even better, Poxford have only sold 3000 STs

http://www.oufc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10342~2373352,00.html

what is their stadium called now. been so long sinse i took any interest in the Pox i now know nothing about them.

google search tells me it's still the Kassam! but i thought he walked away a long time ago

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, June 9, 2011, 08:29:01 »

He walked, but I think he still owns the stadium and the land around it.

He only bought them for the real estate at the manor and the chance of making a few quid out of the new development iirc.

It's All Good..............
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, June 9, 2011, 08:31:35 »

ah that'd explain it. cheers

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, June 9, 2011, 08:33:51 »

...and left them with an unfinished ground in one of the most dreary and inaccessible parts of town, right next to local sewerage treatment works.

Great legacy, that.  Glad it's not us.  The experience of match days there must be hellish...so in that context, I guess 3,000 season tickets isn't bad.  The 3,000 all deserve a f**king medal.
« Last Edit: Thursday, June 9, 2011, 08:36:23 by Ardiles » Logged
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, June 9, 2011, 08:46:00 »

the chinese buffet on the complex opposite is very nice though

Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, June 9, 2011, 10:00:19 »

That's a great response. We were only selling 3500 season tickets back in the early/mid-90s (not Prem year obviously), and that was the old Div 2.

I haven't got mine yet but still intend to renew before the end of June.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, June 9, 2011, 10:41:11 »

Perhaps they're waiting for the press conference where PDC walks in doing the Roman salute and insists on all non domiciles to leave the room - at least then Mex can say "I told you so" - somehow I don't see it happening...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, June 9, 2011, 11:30:55 »

...and left them with an unfinished ground in one of the most dreary and inaccessible parts of town, right next to local sewerage treatment works.

It would have been ideal for Rover's ground had it been in Bristol.

Where there's much there's gas.
Spencer_White

« Reply #27 on: Thursday, June 9, 2011, 12:40:37 »

Mixed response regarding the appointment of PDC not season ticket sales...

Its not a mixed response, its an overwhelming endorsement. Time to put up or shut up Gazza.

I think Di Canio will improve our walk up sales more than our ST sales as well.

Thoroughly impressed with the response from our fans, many on here were predicting a lot would throw it the towel. Lets not disgrace ourselves and finnish the season with a lower average than the Pox.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #28 on: Thursday, June 9, 2011, 13:09:36 »

Its not a mixed response, its an overwhelming endorsement. Time to put up or shut up Gazza.

I think Di Canio will improve our walk up sales more than our ST sales as well.

Thoroughly impressed with the response from our fans, many on here were predicting a lot would throw it the towel. Lets not disgrace ourselves and finnish the season with a lower average than the Pox.

Plus I dont care if where we finish as long as its above Oxford!!!!
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #29 on: Thursday, June 9, 2011, 13:12:46 »

Plus I dont care if where we finish as long as its above Oxford!!!!

So you don't care if we don't go up then?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: