Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Former Swindon star lifts lid on suicide bid  (Read 9210 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, October 9, 2010, 23:37:09 »

English lower league football, has always had a drinking culture...its how it should be, well I recall watching a completely inept Kingy inspired 0-3 defeat v Colchester possibly New Years Day, with a terrible hangover. Straight away, I realised most of the players were feeling just as bad as me.

I'm sure we've all got plenty of tales of how this manifests itself...doubtless it applies to opposition as well.
flammableBen

« Reply #46 on: Sunday, October 10, 2010, 00:50:02 »

I'm sure a lot of us have stories about bumping into players on the piss during the King's reign, they were generally in groups together which was a good thing.

What a fucking tactical genius. Managed to get a bunch of piss heads to 5th and the playoffs under difficult board room situations. It's taken Danny Wilson a competent board and a united fan base to achieve the same thing. Who's the better manager?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, October 10, 2010, 01:37:01 »

Cheesy
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, October 10, 2010, 07:09:21 »

Ha! Ben!!

Doesnt Andy King run a pub now?

I was in town yesterday and felt a bit sorry for him as there was noone really in Waterstones apart from an 8 year old boy in a Swindon shirt so I popped in and brought a copy for my dad for Xmas and got it signed cause my dad is a collector of STFC books
his press people were desperate for people to go in and have there pic taken with him I was like errrmm sorry broken nose!!! Didn't wanna look like a geek!
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, October 10, 2010, 09:22:29 »

When I went in there, there was one chap in front of me buying 5 books for his kids/dad. I don't think he did too bad yesterday.  But they didn't really avertise the signing.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Sunday, October 10, 2010, 09:24:45 »

I'm sure a lot of us have stories about bumping into players on the piss during the King's reign, they were generally in groups together which was a good thing.

What a fucking tactical genius. Managed to get a bunch of piss heads to 5th and the playoffs under difficult board room situations. It's taken Danny Wilson a competent board and a united fan base to achieve the same thing. Who's the better manager?

Exactly....

Think Wilson might be trying harder this season though.....when we seemed to be signing up a group of old mates from Leeds, ie Prutton to go with Douglas and Lucas, a tiny thought entered my head, that they might be mates because they like a drink together.

I have no evidence other than performances....but it's easy to imagine strong characters leading
some of the youngsters astray.

Kingy would have no doubt got this lot to at least 17th in the table rather than the 19th where we now languish.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #51 on: Sunday, October 10, 2010, 09:53:14 »

It's not just the lower leagues though, Premiership footballers go out on a regular basis, get smashed and then gang rape 17 year old girls on a regular basis.
Sussex

« Reply #52 on: Sunday, October 10, 2010, 10:35:03 »

Everyone needs an incentive to progress in their chosen career.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Sunday, October 10, 2010, 12:39:19 »

What amazes me is that Dick Mackay and Kingy didn't notice the weight Robbo had put on. I remember when he first signed for us, he was much leaner and sharper. He slowed up alot a year or so later.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Sunday, October 10, 2010, 12:41:57 »

What amazes me is that Dick Mackay and Kingy didn't notice the weight Robbo had put on. I remember when he first signed for us, he was much leaner and sharper. He slowed up alot a year or so later.

Just goes to show how shit they were..
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Sunday, October 10, 2010, 12:52:39 »

Just goes to show how shit they were..
He says that they did a liver check and was way below the average person when joined (should've knew then). His drink problems started before he came here.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #56 on: Sunday, October 10, 2010, 13:05:38 »

Considering Dave Mackay had left the club 32 years prior, it's unsurprising he didn't pick up on it.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Sunday, October 10, 2010, 13:11:14 »

I said Dick not Dave!

And yes I spelt Mackey wrong!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #58 on: Sunday, October 10, 2010, 13:14:22 »

so you did
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: