Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Former Swindon star lifts lid on suicide bid  (Read 9214 times)
News Monkey

« on: Friday, October 8, 2010, 09:00:03 »

Former Swindon star lifts lid on suicide bid

FORMER Town star Christian Roberts has revealed how he came within minutes of committing suicide during the height of his alcohol addiction.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/8440098.Former_Swindon_star_lifts_lid_on_suicide_bid/?ref=rss

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, October 8, 2010, 09:52:46 »

Dont read the comments below

Fucking hell

Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #2 on: Friday, October 8, 2010, 10:00:53 »

Why not? i would of missed this little gem.

maybe roberts can help my wife throw herself off a bridge, cause she is an alcoholic, and wouldent be a loss.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, October 8, 2010, 10:06:36 »

That romain twat makes me angry!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #4 on: Friday, October 8, 2010, 10:35:19 »

That romain twat and mr-m are just ignorant. I wouldn't let them wind me up - they are the ones being selfish - ie Roberts is fighting for his sanity but he's a cunt because he played a few bad games for the Town. I never liked Roberts as a player but as one human being to another I have great sympathy and respect for him. He's faced his problems and he's still here.
Anyone with any experience - first hand or otherwise - will know he wasn't being selfish or ungrateful for things - he was ill, pure and simple. Now he's better but will have to be on his guard for the rest of his life.
Sussex

« Reply #5 on: Friday, October 8, 2010, 10:48:50 »

Spot on Chalkie.
jb

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, October 8, 2010, 10:55:11 »

Truly inspirational story, got a lot of time for people like this. Wish him a healthy and prosperous life.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, October 8, 2010, 12:42:48 »

Certainly lifts the lid on what it was like under King and how the whole club was run, disgraceful

Wish Roberts luck with the future though
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, October 8, 2010, 12:44:16 »

Hopefully getting this for my birthday, sound 'interesting'  if that is the right word.

Book signing in Waterstones Saturday BTW.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, October 8, 2010, 12:51:04 »

Book signing at the CG prior to Monday's match against Wovers as well :

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10341~2177840,00.html

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, October 8, 2010, 13:11:14 »

Will be getting a copy and walking round the town end vs rovers carrying a book  :gay:

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, October 8, 2010, 13:23:24 »

Don't ask him for any betting advice

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, October 8, 2010, 15:02:21 »

I had a gambling problem myself.....in fact i was addicted to it.
I went to gamblers Anon for six years........nearly killed me did gambling.
Having a bet was more important than eating to me for nearly twenty years.
The last eight years i have had four bets(four to many)in my case...but considering up to then i had bet every day for twenty years i finally have got myself back to some sort of normality.
The difference with addiction to gambling is that it mentaly kills you...........no one can see the physicle side unlike drink and drugs so you can hide it for years...i did untill i hit rock bottom.

My best wishes to Christian Roberts..........i admire anyone who can beat addiction,problem is you never are quite sure that you have.....but at this time in my life i am actually starting to believe i am over the worse........like Christian Roberts once the world knows about your problem then there is no hiding place if you return to your particular vice.........knowing this is just one barrier i have in place to prevent me sliding back to old ways.
As i said anyone who beats addiction or tackles it head on are right up there in my book.

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, October 8, 2010, 15:27:44 »

i think he's exaggerated the story.
firstly there is nowhere to pull over on the severn bridge,and secondly even if he did pull over as he described,he did would have been caught on camera and would have been aprehended when he got back in his car at the very least.
jb

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, October 8, 2010, 15:29:03 »

i think he's exaggerated the story.
firstly there is nowhere to pull over on the severn bridge,and secondly even if he did pull over as he described,he did would have been caught on camera and would have been aprehended when he got back in his car at the very least.

This is totally irrelevant. It's the fact he was in a suicidal mind set.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: