Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Chairman wants to get County Ground revamp up and running  (Read 10552 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 19:37:24 »

Point is tho leefer, all the examples you give are from duff boards. Which I've been arguing has been where the problem lies. Whereas Reg is doing his usual Eeyore "We're all doomed" act on the basis that the council will fuck it up this time. And I'm suggesting he has little to base that on other than an inexhaustible supply of pessimism and decades-old anecdotes

Point taken Paul..........but as you say decades it was. Angry

Fact is Paul the future looks bright but you cannot blame some for being wary.
flammableBen

« Reply #46 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 19:37:45 »

It will never happen, something will get fucked up. At best before things go too far, but at worse half way through development leaving us without a ground. Typical Swindon.

Probably best not to risk it.
PigFarmer

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 19:43:47 »

...i mean who builds one fuck off stand and leaves the other three looking like relics from the past...[/quote]

Crewe?
woolster

« Reply #48 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 19:46:49 »

lets leave the revamp & spend the 20 million on a decent striker to partner charlie Girl Giggle
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 20:01:08 »

Point is tho leefer, all the examples you give are from duff boards. Which I've been arguing has been where the problem lies. Whereas Reg is doing his usual Eeyore "We're all doomed" act on the basis that the council will fuck it up this time. And I'm suggesting he has little to base that on other than an inexhaustible supply of pessimism and decades-old anecdotes

I think we're all (well mostly) approaching it with some degree of caution (I'm happy to admit to cautious optimism) but there's caution and completely unwarranted doom-mongering. Whenever the subject of a ground redev comes up Reg just trots out the "Won't happen. Council will fuck it up" line, like a cracked bloody record. And then some anecdote about how crap so and so was at such and such in the fucking 70s. It's just miserabilism for the sake of it

I think we get your point....no need to drone on and on just to prove your rightness.

You're cautiously optimistic, I'm cautiously pessimistic.....let's wait and see.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 20:04:39 »

...i mean who builds one fuck off stand and leaves the other three looking like relics from the past...

Crewe?
...i mean who builds one fuck off stand and leaves the other three looking like relics from the past...

Crewe?

I rest my case.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 20:54:23 »

has there been any mention at all on when we will get some visuals of the plans? they can't be too far off given the amount of detail that's been given so far
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 21:12:15 »

has there been any mention at all on when we will get some visuals of the plans? they can't be too far off given the amount of detail that's been given so far

Sounds like the club want to go to the council first before showing the plans to the public. Seems a sensible idea to be honest.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 21:16:19 »

I think we get your point....no need to drone on and on just to prove your rightness.
Pot, meet kettle
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #54 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 21:24:13 »

I think this time the Council will come under seriuos pressure if they don't come up trumps. I don't think anyone thought the plans in Mr Whippy's head were ever going to be extracted so couldn't get too excited by a pipedream.
The Council are hardly covering themselves in glory and a £20m investment is bloody big given the recession and particularly when they're fucking up the regeneration plans for the Town Centre.

This is precisely why I think if it'll ever happen then now is the time.

Luckily we no longer have a bunch of cowboys running the show and they've been fairly upfront and have good dialogue with the Council as far as I'm aware. The fact Fitton says we could get on with it pretty quickly may entice the Council even more.

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 21:29:26 »

i think justin tomlinson could play an important part in this.
although i hate the party he represents,i am optomistic he will see us alright regarding co-operation in moving forward.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #56 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 21:53:45 »

What's his role in all this then? Genuinly don't know
Talk Talk

« Reply #57 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 22:26:36 »

What's his role in all this then? Genuinly don't know

He hasn't got a role in the council any more, he is MP for North Swindon. He was the cabinet member for Sport, Recreation and Keeping the Ladies of Manchester Road Free of STDs but no longer.

Presumably he can use his 'influence' (sic) with the similar party'd councillors and soothe a few ruffled feathers for those with long memories.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 06:26:55 »

i think justin tomlinson could play an important part in this.
although i hate the party he represents,i am optomistic he will see us alright regarding co-operation in moving forward.

Tomlinson isn't on SBC and the CG isn't in his constituency....not sure there's much he can do, even if he wanted. Reading between the lines of Fitton's statement, it sounds as if this is the first round of some politicking with a small p.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: