Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Chairman wants to get County Ground revamp up and running  (Read 10553 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 16:22:32 »

FFS you're as bad as Reg. He turns every thread into a cross between "Down Our Way" and a promotion drive for the Samaritans, you try and turn every thread into a party political for the Tories.

You should be thankful that I didn't mention how wonderful SBC have done over the Mechanics. That would've sent Reg over the edge !!!

At the end of the day, I think we all would like a positive outcome with meetings with SBC over a possible development of the CG...and work on it starting in the next year. We're more likely to get it done now with our current board, than ever before.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 16:29:48 »

You should be thankful that I didn't mention how wonderful SBC have done over the Mechanics. That would've sent Reg over the edge !!!

At the end of the day, I think we all would like a positive outcome with meetings with SBC over a possible development of the CG...and work on it starting in the next year. We're more likely to get it done now with our current board, than ever before.
True dat.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 16:30:14 »

FFS you're as bad as Reg. He turns every thread into a cross between "Down Our Way" and a promotion drive for the Samaritans, you try and turn every thread into a party political for the Tories.

Don't lump me in with Tory boy....and don't presume you're always right.

SBC has a long and undistinguished history of fucking up the cultural heritage of our Town....the last time there was any sincere interest in the FC from SBC was back in the days of David Murray John, who in his patrician way, genuinely believed a strong local FC would be good for the plebs of the Town.  Such was his enthusiasm, we got a new stand out of them.  He was a Huddersfield fan.

jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 16:46:57 »

and work on it starting in the next year.

I can't help but think that with the time scales Fitton mentioned, maybe starting work at the end of the season, that the re-development isn't going to be that major. Sure, new (or updated) stands all round but most likely in a similar footprint to the current stands. If it was anything bigger it wouldn't stand a chance of getting planning permission that quickly would it?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 16:49:38 »

Don't lump me in with Tory boy....and don't presume you're always right.
I don't. But I do presume you're always a miserable old sod

SBC has a long and undistinguished history of fucking up the cultural heritage of our Town.... blah blah
See this is what your argument boils down to every time - "Oooh, mark my words, nowt good will come of it, nobbut trouble that council, EEehh I remember back in the 20s, just after General Strike it were, buggers kicked us all out into streets and stole our undergarments". It's not an argument, it's geriatric anecdote mixed with "Now then young'un" finger wagging.

If you're looking for a long and undistinguished history of fucking up ground redevelopment plans, the club are far better candidates than the council. We now have a club board the council can actually deal with, let's maybe see what happens this time before we pull on the sackcloth and ashes eh?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 16:51:44 »

I can't help but think that with the time scales Fitton mentioned, maybe starting work at the end of the season, that the re-development isn't going to be that major. Sure, new (or updated) stands all round but most likely in a similar footprint to the current stands. If it was anything bigger it wouldn't stand a chance of getting planning permission that quickly would it?
I think Fitton said as much in the article, that it would be highly unlikely to go through that quickly. So I don't think that's the timescales they're expecting, just that's how quickly it could start if everyone pulls their fingers out
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 16:52:30 »

If we wanted to build say a new TE then the planning app would go in like any other, as happened with the Intel and Stratton Bank in the 90's....ie nothing to do with SBC other than in their role of planning authority.

Fitton's words seem to suggest they're looking for something from SBC above and beyond this.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 16:53:31 »

I think Fitton said as much in the article, that it would be highly unlikely to go through that quickly. So I don't think that's the timescales they're expecting, just that's how quickly it could start if everyone pulls their fingers out

Very true. I expect they'll be little things popping up that halt the process for a while. I think it's important the club and the fans and SBC are all patient with the plans.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 17:03:56 »

I don't. But I do presume you're always a miserable old sod
See this is what your argument boils down to every time - "Oooh, mark my words, nowt good will come of it, nobbut trouble that council, EEehh I remember back in the 20s, just after General Strike it were, buggers kicked us all out into streets and stole our undergarments". It's not an argument, it's geriatric anecdote mixed with "Now then young'un" finger wagging.

If you're looking for a long and undistinguished history of fucking up ground redevelopment plans, the club are far better candidates than the council. We now have a club board the council can actually deal with, let's maybe see what happens this time before we pull on the sackcloth and ashes eh?

Through all the development plans I've said given that STFC and SBC are two of the more incompetent organisations in the Town, maybe we should wait and see what happens before spunking our collective loads.

Now we've just got the one, progress true, and if you want to crack one out because of that feel free....it'll be interesting  to see the outcome,( not in the jizz analogy though)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 18:29:01 »

Through all the development plans I've said given that STFC and SBC are two of the more incompetent organisations in the Town, maybe we should wait and see what happens before spunking our collective loads.

Now we've just got the one, progress true, and if you want to crack one out because of that feel free....it'll be interesting  to see the outcome,( not in the jizz analogy though)
No-one's "cracking one out", just suggesting that the Cassandra act is a little premature
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 18:38:39 »

I tend to agree with Reg on this one...many older fans will never come back on account of in there younger days there hopes were dashed on many ocasions.
We had one of the best teams in the country in the late sixties....yes the whole country and when the time came for that final push from the board it never come....in fact instead of a  progresive club we carried on selling our stars............and remember these were the days we were the best supported team in the division by miles.
So from a great future in 67/8/9 by 1972 we were on the downward again and a big white Elephant called the North Stand.....i mean who builds one fuck off stand and leaves the other three looking like relics from the past......You name em...Summerbee,Hunt,Noble,Rogers,Eastoe, Rideout,.....big big fees we got for them and what did we get in return.
The board said the sale of Rogers financed the North Stand.....it didnt...a whacking great loan did that we in fact have just recently paid off.
So its great that the younger fans have optimism...its great that there does indeed seem to be a glint of light at the end of the tunnel because as Reg says for the older fans its been a long dark tunnel...........and many older fans myself included(not that old though!)will believe it when we see it...too  many times we have hoped for a brighter future and many times the hopes have been dashed.
Deep down Reg and co want what we want.....but for some seeing is believing.
nochee

« Reply #41 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 18:39:13 »

No-one's "cracking one out", just suggesting that the Cassandra act is a little premature

I am!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 18:42:54 »

I tend to agree with Reg on this one...many older fans will never come back on account of in there younger days there hopes were dashed on many ocasions.
We had one of the best teams in the country in the late sixties....yes the whole country and when the time came for that final push from the board it never come....in fact instead of a  progresive club we carried on selling our stars............and remember these were the days we were the best supported team in the division by miles.
So from a great future in 67/8/9 by 1972 we were on the downward again and a big white Elephant called the North Stand.....i mean who builds one fuck off stand and leaves the other three looking like relics from the past......You name em...Summerbee,Hunt,Noble,Rogers,Eastoe, Rideout,.....big big fees we got for them and what did we get in return.
The board said the sale of Rogers financed the North Stand.....it didnt...a whacking great loan did that we in fact have just recently paid off.
So its great that the younger fans have optimism...its great that there does indeed seem to be a glint of light at the end of the tunnel because as Reg says for the older fans its been a long dark tunnel...........and many older fans myself included(not that old though!)will believe it when we see it...too  many times we have hoped for a brighter future and many times the hopes have been dashed.
Deep down Reg and co want what we want.....but for some seeing is believing.

To be honest even the last decade was enough to make even the younger fans such as myself cautious. We all know what happened with the front garden and Shaw Tip. And of course the ill fated pathetic redevelopment plans from the old board. What concerns me this time around though isn't the nimbys or the great crested newt. It's just SBC. I think it's a hurdle that we can overcome now Fitton and Co are in charge. Until it's approved though i'll stay on the cautious side.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 18:45:54 »

To be honest even the last decade was enough to make even the younger fans such as myself cautious. We all know what happened with the front garden and Shaw Tip. And of course the ill fated pathetic redevelopment plans from the old board. What concerns me this time around though isn't the nimbys or the great crested newt. It's just SBC. I think it's a hurdle that we can overcome now Fitton and Co are in charge. Until it's approved though i'll stay on the cautious side.

Not forgeting the promotion party v Sunderland.............to be dashed by a crooked board.
The punishment was harsh granted.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 19:29:20 »

Point is tho leefer, all the examples you give are from duff boards. Which I've been arguing has been where the problem lies. Whereas Reg is doing his usual Eeyore "We're all doomed" act on the basis that the council will fuck it up this time. And I'm suggesting he has little to base that on other than an inexhaustible supply of pessimism and decades-old anecdotes

I think we're all (well mostly) approaching it with some degree of caution (I'm happy to admit to cautious optimism) but there's caution and completely unwarranted doom-mongering. Whenever the subject of a ground redev comes up Reg just trots out the "Won't happen. Council will fuck it up" line, like a cracked bloody record. And then some anecdote about how crap so and so was at such and such in the fucking 70s. It's just miserabilism for the sake of it
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 19:35:41 by pauld » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: