Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Fitton: A band would be music to my ears  (Read 6396 times)
flammableBen

« Reply #45 on: Friday, November 6, 2009, 01:31:57 »

the atmosphere is shit thanks to the daft pricing structure that wasn't sorted out after last season.
alot of ex townenders are now spread between the two main stands, so it's obvious there wont be as much noise generated.
a band is a fucking stupid idea.

I used to get annoyed when you constantly pull out the daft pricing structure argument, but I sort of agree with you, even though I disagree with your reasons.

You should be able to wander up to the match on a Saturday and get in for a tenner. Anything more is too much.

Where I disagree with the current pricing structure is that I don't think they should do townend season tickets at all. Keep the season ticket prices for the big stands, make the townend a tenner a game.

In all honesty I think the idea of season tickets is shit anyway, but it's a fact of modern football and not something which is going to go away.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, November 6, 2009, 07:43:02 »

In all honesty I think the idea of season tickets is shit anyway, but it's a fact of modern football and not something which is going to go away.

Why do you dislike season tickets fB ?  Afraid of constancy ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, November 6, 2009, 07:45:11 »

For out of towners, season tickets are great.

Saying that, even if I still lived in Swindon I'd probably get one.

It's All Good..............

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, November 6, 2009, 12:52:45 »

I used to get annoyed when you constantly pull out the daft pricing structure argument, but I sort of agree with you, even though I disagree with your reasons.

You should be able to wander up to the match on a Saturday and get in for a tenner. Anything more is too much.

Where I disagree with the current pricing structure is that I don't think they should do townend season tickets at all. Keep the season ticket prices for the big stands, make the townend a tenner a game.

In all honesty I think the idea of season tickets is shit anyway, but it's a fact of modern football and not something which is going to go away.people want value for money.the season tickets in comparison to the arkells and don were not good value.

if it was a tenner for every game in the townend, then the club would lose a fair few season ticket holders i think.people would know that they are going to get in cheap so might not bother paying upfront.a fair price for a season ticket for the townend and a similarly reduced matchday ticket is the way forward i think.
i can see why the club had all season tickets the same(to maximise upfront revenue)but it's killed the atmosphere for 2 years now.the townend is always half empty nowadays
« Last Edit: Friday, November 6, 2009, 12:56:16 by arriba » Logged
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, November 6, 2009, 13:22:34 »

i've decided that a band would be fine but only if it was XTC.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, November 6, 2009, 13:43:43 »

Nah, they should book Morrissey. At least then we'd only have to put up with one song before he fucked off. On which note, not planning on coming back apparently so get your refunds from Oasis if you haven't already
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, November 6, 2009, 14:52:41 »

"I was going to sing a song and now ive sang a song and heaven knows im not coming back!"

Clems Army!
Spencer_White

« Reply #52 on: Friday, November 6, 2009, 15:41:33 »

The thing is, if you had a house party, then employed 5 big blokes in orange coats to walk around and tell people to take their shoes off or tell them off for leaving the toilet seat up, etc etc, then that party wouldnt go down very well.

Fans most of the time do exactly what they are supposed to do. Sit down and shut up.

Lower league football does have a serious problem. It's not much fun.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, November 6, 2009, 16:52:48 »

Lower league football does have a serious problem. It's not much fun.

You sound in need of a good ruck Spencer....haven't we got Rovers soon?
Spencer_White

« Reply #54 on: Friday, November 6, 2009, 18:51:48 »

Im going corporate for that. Looking forward to it, better than the tent anyway. Although last season was good.

I always enjoy the drinking. And a good moan. About football.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: