Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Fitton: A band would be music to my ears  (Read 6396 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #30 on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 17:47:38 »

Just reading some of the comments on the adver site ref this band idea, there is a mention of a bloke called 'Whelan' who I can vividly remember getting many a chant going in the Town End....anyone know what happened to him and if someone knows him, please persuade him to make a reappearance, a much preferred option to a bleedin' drum!!

I think he gave up when Town appointed Malpas. Him and his mates seem to prefer Supermarine and Shrivenham, non league stuff now. I think they feel the football league is too far gone from the common man now, too much of a business.

He was the best song starter Swindon ever had. Used to make up songs that had you in stiches as well.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 18:03:17 »

No way Fitton! Sorry but the thought of a band not far from where I have my ST is enough to put me off going totally. Now I can understand him wanting to get the atmosphere going. After all it is pretty shit. Part of the probem is that our fans are retards and can't keep in time with a lot of the songs. I don't think the DRS/Arkells movement is such an issue. Yes there are less people in the Town End but most of them empty seats are to the left of the goal which is not where the chanting generally is anyway. It's possible to create a decent atmosphere. We did it against Southampton. We don't need a band we just need everyone to actually join in rather than spend half their time moaning that Tope played a shit pass and Hutchinson is lazy.
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #32 on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 18:19:30 »

this is his worst idea since appointing malpas
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 18:23:05 »

A big no from me. Bar also being predictable crap football wise, I cant watch england games anymore, for fear of hearing that monotonous drivel banging out.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 18:23:35 »

Fucking Stupid Idea. I fucking hate Drums and Trumpets at football matches
lambourn red

« Reply #35 on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 19:28:16 »

A band would be as welcome as 4 twats in Pox shirts stood in the middle of the TE.

Take the seats out of the Townend, charge a fiver to get in there and serve alcohol before and at half time and I pretty much guarantee you will get the atmosphere back at the CG.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #36 on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 19:57:59 »

Band - No

Some sort of half time karaoke would be good alternative

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #37 on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 20:18:44 »

Just reading some of the comments on the adver site ref this band idea, there is a mention of a bloke called 'Whelan' who I can vividly remember getting many a chant going in the Town End....anyone know what happened to him and if someone knows him, please persuade him to make a reappearance, a much preferred option to a bleedin' drum!!

He's still around occasionally. Last time I saw him he was with a few of our more extrovert older fans who are well known. He's a top lad. Does a lot of work in boys football i believe as well.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 20:29:01 »

I like Whelan....it was him who started the Fukin head in song about Mooney....and countless others.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #39 on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 20:43:24 »

I think Fitton knows the current fans won't like it and is hoping they'll sing up to stop it happening.

If the flat atmosphere occurs then I think he might go ahead which is a real shame. If I wanted to listen to a band I'd go watch the Salvation Army for free not spend money on a football match to hear a repetitive drum.

We'll probably end up being one of those clubs who play Tom Hark when we score Sad
flammableBen

« Reply #40 on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 20:47:20 »

They should give local music groups a chance to play before a game and at half time. Get the Young Musicians band in one week, some local bhangra band in next, a west indies steel drum effot in, etc.

Keep the bands out of the football time.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, November 6, 2009, 00:12:13 »

On a sort of flip side to this when I go to watch Motorhead in a few days time at the Oasis can I have Yinka doing keepy uppies on the side of the stage ?
flammableBen

« Reply #42 on: Friday, November 6, 2009, 00:21:32 »

I think that when clubs do get bands, the music ends up reflecting the football. So at a dull stale Sheffield Wednesday (didn't they ban the band) / England game you'll get some amateur dribly half arsed trumpet shit. What we'd get would be a sad state of affairs.

If we start playing some amazing flowing football that will stun the world, then I'm more than happy to have some crazy samba beats flowing from the crowd. But until then Fitton can fuck off.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #43 on: Friday, November 6, 2009, 00:35:16 »

Obviously when I said watching the salvos for free, I'd give them some money. Especially if I was going to listen to them for 90 minutes.

Actually I think listening to a brass band for 90 minutes would be punishment. They should pay me.

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, November 6, 2009, 00:45:46 »

i know the fella you guys are on about.the old shrivvy road days when it was rocking in there was mainly down to him starting the songs off.
was sat right by him and his lot at wembley vs sunderland too.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: