Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Fitton: A band would be music to my ears  (Read 6395 times)
News Monkey

« on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 12:00:09 »

Fitton: A band would be music to my ears

TOWN chairman Andrew Fitton is searching for a some new transfer targets in order to help his side hit the right notes at the County Ground.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/4721022.Fitton__A_band_would_be_music_to_my_ears/?ref=rss

Barry Scott

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 12:11:19 »

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please don't do it Mr Fitton.

Bands/drummers and the like belong at places like Franchise and Cheltenham and make me want to smuggle knives into football grounds.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 12:12:16 »

Fuck no.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 12:12:28 »

He raised this at the AGM and the point was made quite forcibly (and pretty much unanimously) there as well
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 12:16:17 »

Absolutely totally totally agree with comments so far ! PLLLLLLEEEEEAAAASSSEEEE NNNNNNOOOOOO !

Unless its a string quartet in the middle of the magic roundabout.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 12:18:48 »

He raised this at the AGM and the point was made quite forcibly (and pretty much unanimously) there as well

I can confirm that as well, and someone threatened to shove the trumpet where the sun doesn't shine !!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 12:20:17 »

would fucking hate it. lower town end price to £10 and rip the seats out of it if you want a better atmosphere.
dell boy

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 12:20:51 »

From where he sits near the away fans he probably thinks it helps the atmosphere (Arkells sadly dead).

No drums please, now a trumpet played in tune - not sure I wouldn't mind that.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 12:24:16 »

would fucking hate it. lower town end price to £10 and rip the seats out of it if you want a better atmosphere.

what tequila says
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 12:53:48 »

Having read the story, he does acknowledge that supporters have said it's not a good idea. I suspect he's "flying a kite", to see if it garners any more support when floated more widely.

I get the impression though that I had better put a cage around it so they don’t get their lives threatened!

Erm, this might be my fault - we had a quick chat afterwards and I suggested that if he was going to put a band in the Town End, he might like to borrow another American tradition - the cages they put in front of Country and Western bands in redneck bars to catch the flying bottles Smiley
DMR

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 13:03:12 »

Surely he's got more important things to worry about, what a jackass.

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 13:13:27 »

the atmosphere is shit thanks to the daft pricing structure that wasn't sorted out after last season.
alot of ex townenders are now spread between the two main stands, so it's obvious there wont be as much noise generated.
a band is a fucking stupid idea.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 13:22:41 »

We should just go the whole hog and provide everybody with air horns and those god awful Buzz-stick things they have in South Africa.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 13:23:24 »

Unless its like Girls aloud or the Saturdays or something?Huh?? Wink

If its aload of mings tunelessly tooting instruments or banging drums then for the love of god no!!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 13:24:13 »

Maybe we could pipe Hammond organ music over the PA system like they do at ice hockey matches as well.

Go Swindon!
You rock!
Yeah!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: