Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: League 1 tonight  (Read 23080 times)
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 22:11:44 »

Fair play to Bournemouth - unlike us they showed a real statement of intent in January and look like reaping the rewards.

Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 22:22:54 »

Still think we will win it....Bournemouth will have a blip,Sheff Utd are favourites in my opinion seeing as it looks like they are getting over there bad run.

I don't think we'll make the play-offs. I'm drinking out of Reg's glass tonight!

Cats are better than dogs FACT
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 22:53:58 »

What a bunch of moaning...

We're three points off top with a game in hand and the biggest GD in the history of English football*. It'd be nice to have the points on the board but we're not exactly out of it. As far as I'm concerned, one result elsewhere going our way each week is plenty. Thank you Franchise for getting something right for once.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 22:59:48 »

We're three points off top with a game in hand and the biggest GD in the history of English football*. It'd be nice to have the points on the board but we're not exactly out of it. As far as I'm concerned, one result elsewhere going our way each week is plenty. Thank you Franchise for getting something right for once.

Ordinarily...I think most would agree, but these are not ordinary times...don't think anyone knows wtf is going on.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 23:02:34 »

Still think we will win it....Bournemouth will have a blip,Sheff Utd are favourites in my opinion seeing as it looks like they are getting over there bad run.

I'm not so sure they will have a blip Lee.  They're doing pretty much what we did last season and we saw it through.

We've dropped too many points at home to lower down opposition.  That and selling Matt Ritchie is potentially what will cost us going up automatically imo.  The other question is have we had a real blip ourselves?  Have one of them and like Gnasher said, we might struggle to even make the play offs.

I know, I know.  I'm not sure why I feel so despondent tonight to be honest.
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 23:12:17 »

If you wanna see despondent check out the pox forum, they have got the razor blades out on there.

At least we ain't quite that shit.

joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 23:30:27 »

Bloody hell, Yeovil have lost 11 games to our 6, but are only 1 point behind us.  Sometimes it really does pay to just either win or lose rather than draw.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 07:27:36 »

I don't thinking could take another Wembley defeat.
Flashheart

« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 07:42:58 »

Incredible, innit.

Thanks to Donny dropping points we are actually in a better position than before the games kicked off tonight.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 07:47:52 »

Bloody hell, Yeovil have lost 11 games to our 6, but are only 1 point behind us.  Sometimes it really does pay to just either win or lose rather than draw.

This is where I think we'll just miss out come the end of the season. By my reckoning we've dropped 8 points from games we really should have won - Sheff  Utd, Doncaster and Hartlepool at home and Orient away.

Whilst by themselves they haven't cost us too much as we're still very much in the mix, what it has done is put pressure on the really tough slate of away fixtures we've got left.

Had we picked up a few more points from those games we've dominated but not killed off, then there would be less pressure when we travel to all those sides around us. As it stands I think we'll need to win 3, maybe 4 of the games at Donny, Sheff U, Coventry, Brentford, Tranmere and Yeovil. Certainly not impossible, but maybe made it harder for ourselves than it needed to be.

Having said that to be having this discussion at all given the recent turmoil of takeovers, Ritchie's sale and 3 men benches is a testament to the spirit in this squad.

Do you think the team under Hart would be unbeaten in 11 given all the goings on?

Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 08:46:28 »

Fair play to Bournemouth - unlike us they showed a real statement of intent in January and look like reaping the rewards.

Yeah fair play to Bournemouth for over spending more than anyone else in the league.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 08:48:02 »

I'm a little unconfortable reading the throwaway comments about Bournemouth buying their way out of the league.

Isn't this more or less what we did last year?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DMR

« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 08:52:15 »

Yeah fair play to Bournemouth for over spending more than anyone else in the league.

Pot and kettle anyone?
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 09:09:45 »

I think most people would be sensible about Bournemouth if they hadn't bought Ritchie. Especially for the pittance they got him for.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 09:15:42 »

Pot and kettle anyone?

I was including ourselves in that thanks Dave. Anyway i can take the moral high ground - their losses must be bigger than ours. Nanananana!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: