Pages: 1 ... 835 836 837 [838] 839 840 841 ... 854   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1241031 times)
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #12555 on: Sunday, April 28, 2024, 09:13:35 »

I sit in a little group of about 8 who have been ST holders for years. All of us are renewing more out of habit than because we want to.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12556 on: Sunday, April 28, 2024, 09:48:05 »

Queued for most of the half time break in the townend and no cold drinks left. Shocking. Very unimpressive and lost income for club.
I could understand it as it's the last game of the season and they are rubbing down stock, but hat's happened twice to me earlier this season.

They eventually dragged some pepsi max from the drs at half time on one occasion. How can you not have any when you open up FFS!

Suspect it's mostly just disorganised/unsupervised catering staff
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #12557 on: Sunday, April 28, 2024, 10:01:15 »

All I want is a club to be proud of again. A bit of success would be nice, but this charade of a club has smothered everything I used to enjoy.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #12558 on: Sunday, April 28, 2024, 10:28:47 »

All I want is a club to be proud of again. A bit of success would be nice, but this charade of a club has smothered everything I used to enjoy.
Yep...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #12559 on: Sunday, April 28, 2024, 10:46:19 »

Didn't speak to one season ticket holder yesterday who is renewing.
Weirdly, before the game yesterday, I spoke to 4 very old mates who have all been going since the 70s and 80s and all of them are renewing, they just want to watch football every Saturday.

That is despite me saying what going on, as again none of them had any idea of anything being "wrong" behind the scenes.

Its obviously not well enough documented or publicised out in the public media away from twitter and forums.

None of my mates use any form of social media other than dabbling in some Facebook groups, and for so many on there its just one big happy Clem family and any dissenting voices get shot down quickly by the "we should be happy with Clem as at least he saved us and we still have a club" group.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #12560 on: Sunday, April 28, 2024, 10:49:50 »

As of yesterday less than 500 ST sold.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12561 on: Sunday, April 28, 2024, 10:53:00 »

But early bird goes on until end of may. There's no rush, so I guess we'll see thereafter.

Gives the club time. Seems unlikely we'll be signing anyone before then I suppose
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #12562 on: Sunday, April 28, 2024, 10:57:56 »

Weirdly, before the game yesterday, I spoke to 4 very old mates who have all been going since the 70s and 80s and all of them are renewing, they just want to watch football every Saturday.

This is something I've missed, I gave up my ST & stopped going because when we moved to Norfolk it was a 4 hour each way trip, so picked & chose the games to watch, which diminished over the past 2 seasons because of the crap we've been seeing on & off the pitch. I really miss the matchday fix. Thinking of going to Cambridge next season, just for the live footie, plus they give veterens discount. Always be a Town fan & will still watch when I can, but will have to be selective, not as young as I was & the driving wipes me out! 
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #12563 on: Sunday, April 28, 2024, 11:17:15 »

This is something I've missed, I gave up my ST & stopped going because when we moved to Norfolk it was a 4 hour each way trip, so picked & chose the games to watch, which diminished over the past 2 seasons because of the crap we've been seeing on & off the pitch. I really miss the matchday fix. Thinking of going to Cambridge next season, just for the live footie, plus they give veterens discount. Always be a Town fan & will still watch when I can, but will have to be selective, not as young as I was & the driving wipes me out! 
I get that fully mate, I only live a 2 and a half hour drive each way and thats too far most of the time. But I do miss the social thing with match days a lot.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #12564 on: Sunday, April 28, 2024, 11:27:44 »

That is despite me saying what going on, as again none of them had any idea of anything being "wrong" behind the scenes.

Its obviously not well enough documented or publicised out in the public media away from twitter and forums.

None of my mates use any form of social media other than dabbling in some Facebook groups, and for so many on there its just one big happy Clem family and any dissenting voices get shot down quickly by the "we should be happy with Clem as at least he saved us and we still have a club" group.

They can have fun with 4k crowds next season then.

I wonder if these people will wonder where 6k people fickrd off to.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #12565 on: Sunday, April 28, 2024, 11:49:49 »

Where did you hear this?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #12566 on: Sunday, April 28, 2024, 11:53:14 »

Not doubting your sincerity one iota. However, can you substantiate that? More flesh on the bones? FWIW, I wouldn’t be surprised.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #12567 on: Sunday, April 28, 2024, 12:28:48 »

Someone said they'd heard 387 or something the other day. Would like this to be true.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12568 on: Sunday, April 28, 2024, 13:37:27 »

As I said, early bird is a late one this year. Think last year was a slow start too.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #12569 on: Sunday, April 28, 2024, 13:42:53 »

Expect a surge in season ticket sale next week when Gav gets the job full time🤣

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 835 836 837 [838] 839 840 841 ... 854   Go Up
Print
Jump to: