Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fitton  (Read 10138 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 18:27:27 »

I respect your opinion,you know that,but Aljofree has never been a rock in my opinion,Vincent I agree is a better centre-half than full back but has only just returned from injury and JPM had a decent debut but I haven't seen any evidence of it since Im afraid.I really dont think our squad is good enough to challenge for the play-offs-but thats my opinion

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 18:31:57 »

Some very sound points made on here. Jan, DV, Herthab - can't disagree with anything you have posted on this thread today.

As has very clearly been pointed out, its all an issue of expectation management. At the start of the season, it was reasonable, but somehow things spiralled out of control when we actually were doing well. Suddenly, some bastard has applied the brake and we're going backwards a little.

IMO, we should have enough points on the board to be safe, however Gillingham's win last night puts them too close for comfort. Remember though that their GD is -27, ours is -2, thats almost worth an extra point.

I'll leave you with one thought. MM was apparently 'head and shoulders' above all the other candidates for the job. Just think what might have happened if one of the less impressive candidates had got the job.......
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 18:39:10 »

Quote from: "adje"
I respect your opinion,you know that,but Aljofree has never been a rock in my opinion,Vincent I agree is a better centre-half than full back but has only just returned from injury and JPM had a decent debut but I haven't seen any evidence of it since Im afraid.I really dont think our squad is good enough to challenge for the play-offs-but thats my opinion

Like I've said I thought Aljofree looks class at the start of the season and did up untill his mate Sturrock left.

Vincent has just returned from injury, but hes been playing most of the season.

JPM was on form for his first dozen games and Cox and Paytner scored alot off of his crosses, both the Nottm Forest OGs came from JPM crosses

....at the start of the season I wouldnt have said we had enough to challenge for the play offs but there was a point this season where we WERE challenging for the play offs. We probably would have faded away towards the end of the season....but you can never be sure with Sturrock.
swindon-chap

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 18:51:28 »

What Fitton said was absolutely true. Some of the fans on here, and all of them on thisis, are disappointed we're not in the playoffs!. Fuckinell it's our first season back in this league with almost the same squad as last season in League Two. It's obvious some of them are not good enough for this league but why won't some of you be fuckin patient so we can get rid of em.
Fittons already a legend in my eyes and the fact that some people are doubting him after what he has done for the club already is fuckin crazy.
glos_robin

« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 19:01:58 »

Quote from: "swindon-chap"
What Fitton said was absolutely true. Some of the fans on here, and all of them on thisis, are disappointed we're not in the playoffs!. Fuckinell it's our first season back in this league with almost the same squad as last season in League Two. It's obvious some of them are not good enough for this league but why won't some of you be fuckin patient so we can get rid of em.
Fittons already a legend in my eyes and the fact that some people are doubting him after what he has done for the club already is fuckin crazy.

Despite all he has done for the club Fitton still needs to tread very carefully as people especially those without access to forums still have a lack of faith in the authority figures at the club after suffering for the last 7 or 8 years. All that it needs for a lot of Fitton's good work to be undone is for him to lose a section of the clubs fanbase. Alot of people still carry the mental scars from the Diamandis regime and Fitton could do with steering well clear of criticising the clubs support IMO.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 19:37:58 »

Quote from: "glos_robin"
Quote from: "swindon-chap"

Despite all he has done for the club Fitton still needs to tread very carefully as people especially those without access to forums still have a lack of faith in the authority figures at the club after suffering for the last 7 or 8 years. All that it needs for a lot of Fitton's good work to be undone is for him to lose a section of the clubs fanbase. Alot of people still carry the mental scars from the Diamandis regime and Fitton could do with steering well clear of criticising the clubs support IMO.

Sorry Glos, but I don't believe AF was criticising all the clubs support, just the minority that think we have a divine right to be successful and hurl abuse at a bloke who, imo, hasn't been given the time to prove himself (Or otherwise) The only people who feel outraged at his comments are the pricks on thisis, who have been slagging his manager off for the past two months.

I don't feel in the least insulted by his comments.

It's All Good..............
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 20:35:58 »

Nor do I Steve

Its just a shame that such a very very small minority on thisis (which evidently is the one worth reading !  :-))( ) have had this impact.

One thing I have always said about the TEF is that its balanced.

CUNTS on one side

WANKERS on the left
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 20:53:40 »

Stuck in  the middle with you.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 21:02:29 »

Quote from: "axs"
Stuck in  the middle with you.

You missed out

"here I am !"
pumbaa

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 21:06:58 »

Its balanced in so much as we all agree that ThisIs is populated with utter twats. Although I see Herthab ventured into the lions den the other day.....stay out of there dude!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #100 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 21:12:23 »

Quote from: "pumbaa"
Its balanced in so much as we all agree that ThisIs is populated with utter twats. Although I see Herthab ventured into the lions den the other day.....stay out of there dude!

How did you know that?

This website can be a bit 'special' at times, we're all guilty of it. Thisis is just pure spastication though, I'm scared to read it in case more of it rubs off on me.
pumbaa

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 21:14:43 »

Its the only one I can read/access in my lunch 'hour' at work. Nazis. Its fair to say it winds me up, so I need to get a good book instead.
dell boy

« Reply #102 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 21:16:30 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
Nor do I Steve

Its just a shame that such a very very small minority on thisis (which evidently is the one worth reading !  :-))( ) have had this impact.

One thing I have always said about the TEF is that its balanced.

CUNTS on one side

WANKERS on the left

If you have CUNTS on one side and WANKERS on the left - it is more than possible you have no Wanking Cunts on the right, except probably me!!! Cool
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 21:17:55 »

and me mate

We are the judges
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #104 on: Thursday, April 3, 2008, 07:37:42 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
Quote from: "pumbaa"

How did you know that?

This website can be a bit 'special' at times, we're all guilty of it. Thisis is just pure spastication though, I'm scared to read it in case more of it rubs off on me.
Bit late for that
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: