Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fitton  (Read 10127 times)
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 16:53:23 »

See i find that a bit condescending  Reg . I would like to think i have a grip on reality but it does not change the fact that we are in a worse position now than when he took over .
Barry Scott

« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 16:56:44 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Quote from: "Barry Scott"

I may now read the article. I like this post as it is balanced, adult and reasonable. Nice one Jan. Cheesy

Not sure if you're being serious with that Bazza!

No i'm serious Jan.

Maybe i shouldn't have put a big grin after the post, because then you question the meaning if the smiley is slightly out of context.

All i was getting at is it's nice to read reasoned comments, rather than those hurled from any given, steadily filling, passing bandwagon.

I like the idea of continuity and would, barring complete disaster, give MM all of next season. I've no doubt that given some time MM can improve us.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 17:13:53 »

Quote from: "Don Rogers Shop"
See i find that a bit condescending  Reg . I would like to think i have a grip on reality but it does not change the fact that we are in a worse position now than when he took over .

True but would we still exist if Fitton took over? Possibly not. I just think people have got too carried away with us being poor on the pitch in recent weeks. Even i have at times myself and i'll admit that. FWIW i don't think we'll go down.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 17:16:21 »

I'm good at doing condescension.  The facts are that AF, JW and co have a plan of where they want to take the club, and it involves having a low key manager who will work on  improving technical aspects in the mid term.  Which means MM will get longer to make his mark.

They might change their tune if we get relegated, mind.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 17:21:11 »

Quote from: "Iffy's Onion Bhaji"

True but would we still exist if Fitton took over? Possibly not. I just think people have got too carried away with us being poor on the pitch in recent weeks. Even i have at times myself and i'll admit that. FWIW i don't think we'll go down.
Iffy i agree we may not have a club if he did not come in and i am grateful of course i am but thats not the point my point is being told i expect far too much when all i want is performances and results from a team that i know can do that .

Reg the same thing really, i understand what he wants to do but i am moaning purely about results not who is in charge to be exact but why we have looked a totally different team .
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 17:24:14 »

Iffy i agree we may not have a club if he did not come in and i am grateful of course i am but thats not the point my point is being told i expect far too much when all i want is performances and results from a team that i know can do that .

Reg the same thing really, i understand what he wants to do but i am moaning purely about results not who is in charge to be exact but why we have looked a totally different team .

We have played some better football at times under Malpas i think. Things haven't always gone our way. I feel people expectations were too high. Yes you might expect more but surely you didn't think we'd be any higher than 9th did you? You can't win every game mate. Every team has a bad run. That's just football.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 17:32:11 »

I don't think we have looked a totally different team...we've been a bit sketchy all season with the odd good performance,  so all our managers this season managed 1 away win.  Sturrock produced the dross v Yeovil at home,  Byrne/Williams....Brighton....Malpas...Walsall.   All have produced the odd decnt showing.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 17:34:37 »

Apart from being unhappy with Malpas,why do people think our players are capable of producing more than they do at the moment(with the exception of Cox and Ifil)?Which players do people think are underperforming?Dont forget we have 2 potential matchwinners out through injury,that has to be a factor in my book

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 17:38:40 »

The more I think about our missed chances, the more I feel that if Cox was showing the same form as when he was here on loan we'd not be talking about whether Malpas' was fit to manage or not.

It's not that I'm unconcerned about our league position (I am!) it's just that theres more to look at than just the new bloke who nobody wanted.

It's All Good..............
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 17:39:41 »

Quote from: "adje"
Apart from being unhappy with Malpas,why do people think our players are capable of producing more than they do at the moment(with the exception of Cox and Ifil)?Which players do people think are underperforming?Dont forget we have 2 potential matchwinners out through injury,that has to be a factor in my book
Comminges,Easton even peacock and you cant say with the exeption of cox and ifil as they are two very very important players for us
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 17:41:56 »

going on what i've seen of the players and how well I think they can play and have played, even this season id say the following players are currently under performing

Peter Brezovan, Jack Smith, Jerel Ifil, Hasney Aljofree, Jamie Vincent, John-Paul McGovern, Lee Peacock, Craig Easton (despite the goals) Michael Timlin, Sofiene Zaaboub, Billy Paynter, Simon Cox, Barry Corr (!!)

So, pretty much everyone bar Comminges, McNamee and Blair Sturrock!!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 17:43:03 »

...and even Comminges hasnt been as good since he was switched to the left.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 17:48:48 »

Comminges,Easton even peacock and you cant say with the exeption of cox and ifil as they are two very very important players for us

Comminges has been one of our best players in the last 2 months,Easton has added goals to his undoubted work-rate and Peacock has never been more than a plodder in my opinion

adje

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 17:53:42 »

Quote from: "DV"

going on what i've seen of the players and how well I think they can play and have played, even this season id say the following players are currently under performing

Peter Brezovan, Jack Smith, Jerel Ifil, Hasney Aljofree, Jamie Vincent, John-Paul McGovern, Lee Peacock, Craig Easton (despite the goals) Michael Timlin, Sofiene Zaaboub, Billy Paynter, Simon Cox, Barry Corr (!!)

Your just teasing Deev-you know that's nonsense!Brez has done little wrong-JPM and Zaboub have NEVER performed to their so-called abilities,Jack Smith doesn't qualify,Aljofree is average,Timlin has only played 2 full games(1 of which he was mom),Corr is injured and I gave you Cox and Ifil.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 18:04:05 »

Quote from: "DV"

Your just teasing Deev-you know that's nonsense!Brez has done little wrong-JPM and Zaboub have NEVER performed to their so-called abilities,Jack Smith doesn't qualify,Aljofree is average,Timlin has only played 1 full game,Corr is injured and I gave you Cox and Ifil.

I am not.

Brezovan isnt as good as he was last season, before he broke his arm he looked like fucking superman, he got to anything and everything. Every cross that game it he claimed and caught. Now he seems to punch them all.

Usually when strikers go through against Brez I expect him to save it, but he hasnt been saving as many. Plus we're conceeding loads of goals from set pieces. Keeper plays at part in that.

Jack Smith, now I know he hasnt played alot but he's a good footballer and we all know that. He came in out of no where and had a good game and hasnt really since. In the past he has been mr. consistent and apart from the odd rash challenge has rarely put a foot wrong.

Aljofree and Ifil looked like a hell of a defensive pairing at the start of the season. They were rocks and strikers hated playing against them. They won everything on the floor, in the air. Again, sloppy goals from set pieces

Vincent is the same, last season at centre back he was awesome and never re-gained that form and probably never will.

JPM was on fire when  he got here. Him on the right and Roberts on the left going for the 'twins' look he was setting up loads of goals and chipping in with a few as well. Was only playing in the Championship a few seasons back. Clearly better than what he's showing.

Zaaboub, still has the most assits and on his day is every bit as good as McNamee. Zaaboubs talent has never been in question, its his application and attitude. I dont think he's been the same player since he got his long term contract but when  he was first here we were all going mad over him. He hasnt had alot of them, but he's had some awesome games in the red shirt and is capable of so much more.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: