Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fitton  (Read 10135 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 13:59:32 »

Quote from: "Don Rogers Shop"
IWe were 3 points of the play offs and now we are  5 points off relegation we have players playing like a bunch of cunts and have won 1 game in 10

Don't forget that under Sturrock, on 11 Aug 2007, we were joint top for a while, well on goal difference and now look what Malpas has done!!  

BURN HIM!!!!

And for the love of God, Fitton has not said "we are amongst the worst fans in the country", he said we are amongst the worst for having illusions of grandeur.  Which we are, as RobT said we are a small town club, who go through periods of not so much greatness but "goodness".

Next time the good times roll let's just remember to enjoy it, I have a feeling I took the early 90's for granted.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 14:07:22 »

All football fans are whingers. All football fans want their teams to do better.  We all have delusions of grandeur even if its a dream. Why do I pay my money each week - to watch Town win? Do i hope we get back to the Premiership - of course I do. My expectations, however were mid table this season. Football fans dream - Mr Fitton, you are the current custodian of my club. When I was younger I used to dream of putting on the shirt, now there isn't one that would fit me. Whether you like it or not, you are selling a dream.
This is not a normal business. If you can't handle criticism from the fans then you shouldn't have got involved. We're all in this together. I think you have got a bit over sensitive and hitting out a bit.
Yes some of our fans are complete fuckwits but most are grateful to you. They are, however, entitled to their opinion without incurring your wrath. Lets hope you don't play the Wills trick of threatening to take your ball away.
What you have said will alienate those customers you want to attract.
MM was your appointment and i'm prepared to give him longer than most but it ain't going well nol matter how you wrap it up.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 14:14:28 »

Quote from: "janaage"
IWe were 3 points of the play offs and now we are  5 points off relegation we have players playing like a bunch of cunts and have won 1 game in 10

Don't forget that under Sturrock, on 11 Aug 2007, we were joint top for a while, well on goal difference and now look what Malpas has done!!  

BURN HIM!!!!

And for the love of God, Fitton has not said "we are amongst the worst fans in the country", he said we are amongst the worst for having illusions of grandeur.  Which we are, as RobT said we are a small town club, who go through periods of not so much greatness but "goodness".

Next time the good times roll let's just remember to enjoy it, I have a feeling I took the early 90's for granted.
No need to be pedantic I am fully aware you support him and respect your view show the same respect bitch  Cheesy
flammableBen

« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 14:17:31 »

Everybody is intitled to their opinion. The problem with the internet is that even if your opinion is completely unfounded and you're generally being a fuckwhit, there's enough people about that some other fuckwhit is going agree with you and egg you on. The fact that most people have a varying amount of anonymity on here doesn't help.

Just as you're entitled to moan and and have your opinion. Doesn't mean others can't tell you to shut the fuck up because you're being an overly dramatic cunt monkey.

Some people are just saying more and more outlandish things just for the sake of it. Circling on one side people edging towards wanting us to lose so they can claim to be right, to the other side saying they'd keep Malpas in the job even if he turned out to be Fred West in disguise.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 14:29:29 »

Out of interest, how many season have we spent in each division?

Div 1      1
Div 2      ?
Div 3      ?
Div 4      ?

(Let's say the old Div 3(S) counts as Div 4.)
flammableBen

« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 14:33:12 »

This nice page would probably help if anybody wants to count...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swindon_Town_FC_seasons
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 14:39:24 »

BURN HIM!!!!

No need to be pedantic I am fully aware you support him and respect your view show the same respect bitch  Cheesy

Sorry Don, I didn't mean it.  

Do you know I've been in you twice, but never bought anything, just have a look about and then leave.
pvsmark

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 14:43:52 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
Everybody is intitled to their opinion. The problem with the internet is that even if your opinion is completely unfounded and you're generally being a fuckwhit, there's enough people about that some other fuckwhit is going agree with you and egg you on. The fact that most people have a varying amount of anonymity on here doesn't help.

That should be the advert for the Thisisstfc site, you have summed it up in a nutshell
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 14:48:29 »

BURN HIM!!!!

Sorry Don, I didn't mean it.  

Do you know I've been in you twice, but never bought anything, just have a look about and then leave.
Seriously can you rephrase this bit

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 14:54:10 »

i agree with fitton to a point.
we have fans that have too high expectations of the team.the ones that boo players.the ones that expect flowing passing football in league 1.the ones with knee jerk reactions.etc.etc.

but i'm afraid we can all see progress off the pitch,and a decline on the pitch.
football is about results, and we aint getting any.
how long can or should malpas get?
if we lose saturday we are right in the relegation scrap.
just because fitton bailed out the club it doesn't make him right about everything!
i hope it works out for malpas, because if it doesn't, it will mean we are in deep shit on the pitch.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 15:14:51 »

Malpas' record at Swindon to date can't really be defended and I accept that.

But do I think I, or any other fan, has a better knowledge of whether he'll ultimately be a success than Fitton has?

No. Fitton doesn't come across as a fool, he's ploughed shitloads of cash into the club and obviously needs wants us to be successful.

No disrespect, but if I had to go with Fitton, or some 12 year old mong on thisis
I'd go with AF everytime.

I've said from the start of MM's reign that I'd rate after a pre season and AF will do the same, nothing's gonna change until next season.

I just keep wondering how different views would be if Cox and Paynter had scored some of the sitters they've had recently Cheesy

It's All Good..............
adje

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 15:25:59 »

Quote from: "herthab"
Malpas' record at Swindon to date can't really be defended and I accept that.

But do I think I, or any other fan, has a better knowledge of whether he'll ultimately be a success than Fitton has?

No. Fitton doesn't come across as a fool, he's ploughed shitloads of cash into the club and obviously needs wants us to be successful.

No disrespect, but if I had to go with Fitton, or some 12 year old mong on thisis
I'd go with AF everytime.

I've said from the start of MM's reign that I'd rate after a pre season and AF will do the same, nothing's gonna change until next season.

I just keep wondering how different views would be if Cox and Paynter had scored some of the sitters they've had recently Cheesy

Thats absolutely spot on Hertha-missed chances in recent games underline the narrow margin between upper mid table(which is all we were ever going to be)or lower mid table which is what we are.people forget that we have lost 2 potential match-winners through injury and a defender who looked promising.I dont agree with the sentiment that we have a squad that should be challenging for the play-offs.None of our players would get anywhere near the League 1 team of the season except for perhaps McNamee.I still think we'll finish 15th or 16th-it will take an unprecedented run of form from the 5 teams that are below us to take us down.Id rather be in our position than Crewe Gillingham or Millwall or Cheltenham

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 16:14:02 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
This nice page would probably help if anybody wants to count...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swindon_Town_FC_seasons

Good link.  Over the last 50 seasons, we have played in the following Divisions:

Division 1: 1 season
Division 2: 18 seasons
Division 3: 26 seasons
Division 4: 5 seasons

I think that shows fairly conclusively that our natural territory is oscillating between the division we're in and the one above.  Any manager managing STFC in our current division should have very clear expectations of taking us up.  (And I'm not saying that MM does not, by the way.  I'm staying well out of it...just giving him some more time.)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 16:17:36 »

I did point out the other day that there was the first stirrings of anti Fitton sentiment in  the mongdom, that is thisis.  It was completely predictable that anyone who actually listens to Fitton, would realise that he would  point out that a lot of these fans have at best a tenuous grip on reality.

At least there are some regular posters on this site who understand how things are.
Arnold.J.Rimmer

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 16:29:55 »

Bring back Diam*ndis   :-))(
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: