Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fitton  (Read 10141 times)
Don Rogers Shop

« on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 07:58:23 »

Swindon's supremo has described Town supporters as "among the worst in the country" for delusions of grandeur  

Thats me that is  Cheesy

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/index.php

Sorry if the last 10-15 years i have seen us play in every league and seen the heart ripped out the clubdue to mis managment

Apologies for wanting a little bit more.

Although from now on i will bite my Tongue  and keep my opinions to myself and see what malpas does with his own signings
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 08:06:59 »

It's that quote that got to me too.. Turning on the fans already, and fairly aggressively too.

Really, what does he exepct? We lose every week. We are under acheiving.

Dillusions of grandeur? He was the one that told us the aim was Championship football in 3 years...

Not impressed with these comments..
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 08:07:43 »

I can imagine Fitton is frustrated at the criticism of his (Malpas) appointment, but I don't think he's done himself any favours with that one.

I guess the plan has always been stabilise off the field this season, whilst holding station on it. Go for it next season on the field when things are calmer financially.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 08:08:57 »

Underachieving??? Most would have accepted staying in L1 this season. hardly underachieving... we are where I expected being quite honest.....

Dillusions of grandeur? He was the one that told us the aim was Championship football in 3 years...

Yes, 3 Years NOT 3 months.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 08:09:21 »

I actually agree with him to be honest im the first to admit that I expect a lot more but that’s football isn’t it
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 08:17:22 »

Quote from: "STFC_Gazzza"
Underachieving??? Most would have accepted staying in L1 this season. hardly underachieving... we are where I expected being quite honest.....

Yes, 3 Years NOT 3 months.

The standard of football in this Division is really poor.. 1 win in 10 in this league is under achieving, absolutely no doubt about it.

If you are happy with Malpas mate then fair play to you. Personally I think his appointment is a disaster.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 08:19:09 »

I agree with AF completely, it's about time he came out and told the fans what his opinion on the matter is and I'm glad to hear him support MM.  

Love the fact he compared Town fans to Geordies as that's what I did on an article comment on thisis last week - and got slated for it!!

Sounds like some of our supporters are willing to dish out the criticism and as soon as someone has a go back they get all upset about it.
Barry Scott

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 08:21:45 »

We do have a high percentage of cunts. I will refuse to read those articles, because i have the distinct feeling i'll feel slightly more separated from my club.

I can think of at least one member of this forum who will love this article and will see it as the final piece in his/her jigsaw to go on some kind of bullshit propagandist Fitton offensive.

I feel quite sadened that Fitton needs to say whatever it is he's said which is negative about our fans. It'll only rile them further and make them start calling for his head or some bollocks.

Maybe they'll stop going? That's be nice and lower the volume of the childish booing.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 08:21:55 »

What do people want?  Fitton to come out and slate Malpas?

He employed him and its only right he gives him his full backing until hes had a proper chance to assemble his own squad.

I don't like Malpas personally however the more he gets slated the more I want to give him a chance.

I think Fittons absolutely right in what he says in the article.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 08:22:37 »

Quote from: "janaage"
I agree with AF completely, it's about time he came out and told the fans what his opinion on the matter is and I'm glad to hear him support MM.  

Love the fact he compared Town fans to Geordies as that's what I did on an article comment on thisis last week - and got slated for it!!

Sounds like some of our supporters are willing to dish out the criticism and as soon as someone has a go back they get all upset about it.

I wonder if you'd be so supportive if Malpas was English.
Barry Scott

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 08:24:44 »

I may now read the article. I like this post as it is balanced, adult and reasonable. Nice one Jan. Cheesy
Barry Scott

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 08:26:06 »

Quote from: "random_five"

I wonder if you'd be more supportive if he was "a name"...
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 08:31:39 »

If Sturrock was here and we won 1 in 10 would we be going mad??? If Cotterill was appointed?? Ling??? The only reason people are going ballistic is because Malpas is not a “name”, Yes we are doing poorly but I’ll give him until maybe November next year before I reserve judgement.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 08:46:06 »

Quote from: "random_five"

I really hope that's an attempt at Fishing.  because if it's not, you're a tool.  Nationality has nothing to do with it.  My mum's english and I've never wanted her to get the sack!!  Especially after three months.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 08:51:03 »

Quote from: "STFC_Gazzza"
If Sturrock was here and we won 1 in 10 would we be going mad??? If Cotterill was appointed?? Ling??? The only reason people are going ballistic is because Malpas is not a “name”, Yes we are doing poorly but I’ll give him until maybe November next year before I reserve judgement.

I would go slightly further and suggest that the reason some fans have moved so swiftly against Malpas is his complete lack of charisma.

Results have been poor, but had Maurice been able built up a rapport of some sort with the supporters, he would have been seen as ‘one of us’ and would certainly have been cut a good deal more slack than he has.  As it is, he seems to have the relationship building skills of a mollusc, which has also hindered his ability to communicate his vision to the fans - further undermining confidence.

I think Fitton is right in that, for now, we need to see past all that.  Maurice does need a little time.  Relegation odds are still very slim, so I would hope he will get the summer to build something for next year and, hopefully, beyond.  I’m sick of disruption at the club, and I’m happy to wait & see for a while longer with the current manager…even if the post match interviews are sending our fans to sleep at the wheel on the way home.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: