Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Aldershot Matchday Thread  (Read 39008 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Saturday, November 4, 2023, 21:41:00 »

Can't wait for an absolute abortion of a January transfer window and still have to be arguing with a bunch of pricks that think that shit is normal.

Also….if things don’t change behind the scenes who an earth will want to sign for us apart from players without a club!

So, give no fucks
BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Saturday, November 4, 2023, 22:01:34 »

Left at 48 minutes or goal six. Have never left before 90 in my life. Total embarassment. Haven't read back because I'm still too angry. Now hearing shirts sold cheap and players not paid? Clem can go fall off Uluru.
Protest time?

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Saturday, November 4, 2023, 22:22:03 »

Bad day at the office. Ok terrible day the office. Well worse than that.

Personally I was over it after 10 minutes. Not great we’ve missed out on a few quid but a competition we were never likely to go far in as per usual.

Let’s see if/how we bounce back in our next couple of league games before we slit our wrists and talk about relegation (we need 29 points from 31 games fwiw)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Saturday, November 4, 2023, 23:36:09 »

it's a fucking disaster financially, let alone sporting wise
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 00:18:34 »

Just seen the goals. I do not know where to begin. Embarrassing does not cover it.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 05:43:47 »

it's a fucking disaster financially, let alone sporting wise

I mean is it?
Did we really budget using future money from the FA Cup? A competition we’ve done poor in almost every year in the last 30.

Only a fool would have done that.
We’ve lost earning potential but so have I by not winning the lottery this week but I had the foresight to not expect to win it anyway…
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 08:23:29 »

This season 1st round prize money was £41k and 2nd round was £67k. Obviously there would have been gate money for the 2nd round as well, but getting a big tie in the 3rd round is realistically the only way we would have made a lot of money out the cup.

That said, in our position it sounds like every little would help.
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 08:28:21 by Trashbat? » Logged
adje

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 09:36:09 »

Their goals were the sort we were scoring for fun a few weeks ago. All quality finishes to be fair albeit the result of poor defending in most cases

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 09:57:07 »

I have to say, their finishes were fantastic. Credit where it is due.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 10:04:59 »

This season 1st round prize money was £41k and 2nd round was £67k. Obviously there would have been gate money for the 2nd round as well, but getting a big tie in the 3rd round is realistically the only way we would have made a lot of money out the cup.

That said, in our position it sounds like every little would help.

Quite. On an annualised budget plan you can reasonably expect as a minimum the money for losing the first round proper tie and the subsequent prize money that would guarantee, outside of that nothing as the gate money share would include so many variables such as home or away tie, standing of the opposition and only an estimated guess of attendance and ticket prices. However you look at it, yesterdays debacle an unknown and much needed financial opportunity has gone begging. Good luck to Aldershot I wish them well in the next round and a huge payday in the third if they’re fortunate enough to get that far.

We have to move on now, don’t look back in anger you cannot change the past. The ‘revelations’ of the last 24 hrs are there for others to fight over and sort out. I’m sure we all have bigger fish to fry in the grand scheme of things and in my case a long train journey this pm up north for a week’s induction and training for my new job.

The players and management have Tuesdays rearranged Colchester fixture to put things back on track before facing not only our home fans a week after the Aldershot humiliation but the league leaders. Saturday is going to be so hostile if we get turned over by Colchester without a fight.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 11:43:15 »

Quote from: DiV
I mean is it?
Did we really budget using future money from the FA Cup? …

yes it is.

didn't really matter what we've budgeted does it. If we aren't paying debts we need cash pronto. This was a good source

even on budget it wasa way of closing the losses a bit
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 12:40:01 »

After the first ten minutes of being sat there in total bemusement I could not understand how the same players that showed so much early season promise of better things to come, failed in every respect to show that same resolve.

The final score was a total embarrassment, but having witnessed some other diabolical displays over the years, this one, although going into the record books apparently, seems to have that worrying element more of things not being right for reasons hinted at elsewhere than lack of footballing ability. Tuesday’s game will be a definite litmus test of where we are heading.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 13:54:36 »

Tuesday’s game will be a definite litmus test of where we are heading.

100%.  Talent wise we are better than Colchester, will it be enough?

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Mr Stevens

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 14:06:41 »

Quite relieved that it wasn't line on national TV!

Take your chips and fuck off home.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 14:33:35 »

Missed out on getting beaten at home by Stockport
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: