Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Alan Gow To Sign  (Read 12833 times)
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 11:18:48 »

think if this is the level of our signings then mid table is the absolute best we can hope for this season and fitton must be open with the fans and adjust his 3-5 year plan accordingly. If we had adequately replaced departed key players we would have had a chance of pushing on from last year but for the moment chances of that are slim
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 11:19:08 »

what does that tell you about the board's view of the fans I wonder?

I take it as a given that an STFC board will treat its fans with contempt....certainly has been the case for as long as I remember. The present incumbents seem a bit better than others, but the road to hell is paved with good intentions...
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 11:23:40 »

I see the old Bart is back.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 11:24:49 »

think if this is the level of our signings then mid table is the absolute best we can hope for this season and fitton must be open with the fans and adjust his 3-5 year plan accordingly. If we had adequately replaced departed key players we would have had a chance of pushing on from last year but for the moment chances of that are slim

Can we have the old Bart back please.....mid table  Clap....surely all the pointers are for an old fashioned relegation battle..

The last 2 seasons where we've had such a bad or even worse start start namely 00/01 and 98/99, both resulted in relegation struggles and an early departing manager.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 11:38:35 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 11:35:08 »

Be good competition across 3 areas of the pitch. I guess if we don't get a CB we'll get a good NPC one on loan.

Non-player character?
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 12:19:50 »

Oh hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
[url width=233 height=320]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e99/Jamiesfuturewife/gow-2.jpg[/url]
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 13:01:47 »

I see the old Bart is back.
To be fair, he's spot on with his last point.

But it's stupid writing off this signing when he has never seen the bloke play.
Bert1981

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 13:05:23 »

He seems to have done well in Scotland at the start of his career but lost his way after coming to England, mostly down to injury. If he can stay fit he might do a job for us, especially if he can play wide left.

Wilson doesn't usually get it wrong with his signings, although the jury is still very much out with Rose & Prutton!
Rich Pullen

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 13:06:20 »

Has he bloomin' signed yet?
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 13:08:03 »

I forgot they shortened the season to 4 games. BRB I'm off to slit my wrists! I am convinced once we get the monkey off our backs and get a win we will push on. Also with Ferry starting alongside Douglas hoipefuilly they can re-kindle the magic from last year. Fuck me I sound like I am advertising some disney film!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 13:30:30 »

If this is the only signing we bring in - then I'll be disappointed.

I'll await the usual barrage of crap that follows my 'negative' posts but if you are happy with the team/squad as it is now, then you're a fucking bellend.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 13:32:02 »

But we all know the current squad has the ability. We know what they are capable of, they just aren't performing.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 13:32:09 »

I'll await the usual barrage of crap that follows my 'negative' posts but if you are happy with the team/squad as it is now, then you're a fucking bellend.

I agree somewhat. Midfield I think we are ok but we are desperate for a goal scorer and a decent centre back!
Rich Pullen

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 13:43:38 »

Calm yourself Dave!

...and I don't recall anyone saying that they're fully happy with the current squad. Buzz words such as "potential" don't count.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 14:05:59 »

deal off
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: