Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Christian Roberts  (Read 9613 times)
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 18:15:57 »

A fit Christian Roberts would be in my team at this moment taking into consideration the alternatives.Good luck to the bloke

word

I will always remember his decimation of Walsall when he switched to wide right
Gazza's Fat Mate
Morality Robocop

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 18:57:28 »

Always liked Robbo, hope he doesnt go back to his illness.  Takes a big man to admit it and get through it

jewdus

Ash - "GFM Mate your like like Marmite you Love it or Hate it"
Christian Roberts " I fucking hate Marmite"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 19:48:06 »

word

I will always remember his decimation of Walsall when he switched to wide right

No to mention the Wendies at home, 2-0 down, 20 to go, and we pushed him up top. Patrick Collins probably still has nightmares about it.
swindon_chick

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 20:20:29 »

Oh, If he does retire it'll be a shame. I really like the fella! He was only sat a few rows from me at the Col U game the other week. I was looking forward to his return Sad
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 20:29:19 »

He said he would like to go into the media and stuff? I hope hes OK and doesnt turn into another Gazza

Thanks Charlotte Wink
FlashGordon

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 21:04:23 »

Saw him in Oceana last week in Cardiff, dont think he was drinking, but then i was bollocksed so couldnt really say

Come on YOU REDS!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, September 8, 2008, 08:55:49 »

According to yesterdays non league paper he has retired...

Quote from: The Non League Paper
Swindons former Wales Under 21 international Christian Roberts will snub any chance of playing lower league football after quitting the pro game at 28. Roberts has revealed that complications in a micro fracture of his right knee will bring down the curtain on an 11 year, 362 match career that encompassed a spell with Exeter. A clutch of Blue Square and Welsh Premiership outfits were monitoring Roberts' decision, but the Welshman will now hang up his boots for employment with Cardiff based One Vision Sports Management. He said "I saw a surgeon last Wednesday and listened to his advice. I feel it is best to finish completely.

So is he going to become an agent or something??
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, September 8, 2008, 09:09:27 »

Its excellent he has something else to get his teeth into so quickly. Good luck Robbo, it's gutting but if the knee could end up proper fucked its the only decision he could make.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #53 on: Monday, September 8, 2008, 10:00:52 »

That's probably a good job for him. Considering he's been through a lot of issues in his career perhaps he can help out other pros.

Good luck to him.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, September 8, 2008, 13:34:33 »

Such a shame. As much as people gave him stick he was a good player. You just have to look at some of his better performances to see what he was capable of. I've liked him as a player ever since he joined us and can only wish him the best in the future - he deserves some stability after pulling himself through difficult times. Would be nice for him to get a decent send off from the CG if it's official before Saturday
EB1

« Reply #55 on: Monday, September 8, 2008, 14:14:45 »

This is real bad news... what with Roberts all but gone and Pook,Sturrock and McGovern all out of favour, who can we nominate next for the abuse-a-go-round?
flammableBen

« Reply #56 on: Monday, September 8, 2008, 14:16:39 »

Christians. Bloody lion food.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, September 8, 2008, 14:31:24 »

funny hows its in some press but nothing from the club?

or maybe there is and Ive not seen it?
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, September 8, 2008, 14:38:17 »

I do seem to remember something on tinpot local radio where Shaun Hodgetts asked Nick Watkins basically saying that it was still a private matter between Roberts and the club. I guess this was early last week...
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #59 on: Monday, September 8, 2008, 15:19:25 »

Roberts did not want it public knowledge and is livid with the wdp. The adver did not run it as they were asked not to
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: