Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Help me find players says Martin Allen  (Read 2842 times)
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 19:22:48 »

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/sport/news/Help-players-8211-Allen-s-appeal-fans/article-964725-detail/article.html

BOSS Martin Allen has invited Cheltenham Town supporters to tell him which players he should sign this summer.

Robins followers who enjoy playing football management computer games, or those who have always thought themselves capable of unearthing gems, will now be given a chance to prove their talent-spotting abilities.

Allen has said he would like to add at least four new faces to his squad and plans to work with a group of 18 professionals next season, with the addition of one or two long-term loans.

One of the new arrivals is likely to be winger David Hutton, who has impressed during a loan spell from Tottenham Hotspur during the final weeks of the season.

Allen has been out watching matches in a bid to find new players, with a striker, a central midfielder and a full-back likely to be top of his priorities.

He was forced to dispense with chief scout Alan Fettis when the club faced a cash flow crisis in February and he is open to suggestions from fans, as long as the player in question is available on a free transfer.

"Due to a lack of scouting, I would be more than happy to receive any ideas and names of players for me to follow up," Allen said.

"Unfortunately I will not be able to reply to every letter or email, but the players must be out of contract for me to consider them."
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 19:30:01 »

Michael Pook
Rich Pullen

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 19:33:15 »

I suggest Martin Allen gets off his backside and does something Smiley

Organise a trial match like King (and Sturrock?) used to do.
Lumps

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 19:34:25 »

I can think of about 15 he can have.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 19:44:17 »

Sounds like Ebbsfleet the sequel!
Spencer_White

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 19:50:41 »

Hasney AljoFREE
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 20:07:43 »

FFS. What a tool

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 20:34:34 »

Michael Pook

i think that's a decent shout.jack smith would do a job there too as would vincent imo.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 20:43:29 »

Chrissy Allen even. They could take all our rejects.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 20:49:32 »

Chrissy Allen even. They could take all our rejects.

No they can't, Supermarine have first dibs.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 22:28:11 »

Does anyone fancy coming to my place of work Monday to Friday and doing my job please?  Grin
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 22:35:39 »

Brez, Pook, Smith, Sturrock and Vincent could all do a job in League 2 I reckon. I could do Allen's job Cheesy
Doore

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 22:58:07 »

Corr on a pay as you play deal would be a good shout for them.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 07:40:55 »

Brez, Pook, Smith, Sturrock and Vincent could all do a job in League 2 I reckon. I could do Allen's job Cheesy

But surely Brez will be wanting to move to a championship club as his agent has told him he is good enough.

Some of our players released wil lbe good enough for L1 or L2, bnut with so many players being released this summer their will be a lot that will not find clubs, only the best survive.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 07:50:16 »

why is everyone suggesting these muppets! they should be putting forward names like Casal, Aljofree, Ifil, Peacock and Peacock!

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: