Pages: 1 ... 2353 2354 2355 [2356] 2357 2358 2359 ... 2658   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5183630 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #35325 on: Saturday, August 28, 2021, 06:08:22 »

Crazy man!

https://news.sky.com/story/drunk-e-scooter-rider-tries-to-use-birminghams-a38-m-motorway-to-get-home-12392269

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #35326 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2021, 19:32:46 »

Having an Ed Milliband moment with a sausage and fried egg sarnie. In my defence he only had bacon in his. The sausage and eggs seem to have had a fight between the two slices of bread. Still my stoic British determination and a ravenous hunger triumphed in the end.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #35327 on: Wednesday, September 1, 2021, 07:25:33 »

This really makes me angry.

Drivers who throw their cigarette butts out their windows. The passenger and driver in the fast lane of the M5 yesterday. Good one, so bloody dangerous.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #35328 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 08:30:09 »

Couple of things...

a) This whole labour shortage in hospitality, I can understand up in the Lakes as just about everyone  you encountered previously was from eastern Europe, but round here every pub/hotel/chippy is advertising for staff but prior to this year all the staff were local so where have they gone. I wonder whether the locals have all gone up into the lakes for better wages, but it would have to be quite the leap to make that worthwhile?

b) Tipping in pubs/restaurants when paying with a card, last night she arrived with the machine already showing the bill figure and I never trust places to pass on to the staff when you add to a card payment, plus like the Queen I rarely carry cash these days?

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #35329 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 08:40:50 »

Couple of things...

b) Tipping in pubs/restaurants when paying with a card, last night she arrived with the machine already showing the bill figure and I never trust places to pass on to the staff when you add to a card payment, plus like the Queen I rarely carry cash these days?

I'm with you here. I always like to give the waiting staff a tip but as you say we rarely carry cash and tipping via the machine never feels quite right. I assume that it goes into a generic pot rather than to the actual person that has earned the tip from the customer?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35330 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 08:46:23 »

Quote from: horlock07

Good point, and it's reminded me of a related one.

son work at pizza hut part time arrive college. He gets the bare minimum £4.62 as he's under 18, which is pretty shit but he knew that when he took it.

so anyway, tips.

he's working back of house. making/cutting pizza mostly and very occasionally pot wash.

the tips are only split between front of house waiters/waitresses.

seems a bit unfair given the service wouldn't be good if the pizza makers were in a go slow....
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #35331 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 08:46:27 »

My wife worked in hospitality for a bit and they had to pool tips, which were then shared amongst the waiting staff, cooks and management (!) based on hours worked. Same treatment for cash & card tips.

To be honest, I can see the argument for sharing them out a bit, especially in a tourist trap as there are cultures who will tip more or less than others regardless of the server's ability, but I do think places should have to declare on the menus or whatever how they handle tips.

It's difficult though, because you'd get people trying to directly tip their own waiter and say "keep this for yourself" but that's literally a fireable offense in some places, and at the very least going to make you unpopular with your colleagues.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #35332 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 09:01:38 »

Whilst we are on about hospitality. This is just downright rude and arrogant.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58413919

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #35333 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 09:09:23 »

Agreed. They should start taking deposits.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35334 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 09:17:47 »

Quote from: Bob's Orange

yup. It's worse than that though because small restaurants need every cover to survive.

I'm fine with deposits. But there is a risk dive won't be I suppose
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #35335 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 09:22:38 »

It is hardly surprising when you see how many individuals do not turn up for hospital or doctors appointments. No show at a solicitors and boom, they’ll have no trouble whacking you for an hours fees.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35336 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 18:30:35 »

ABBA

New album is good for their fans.

But I don't get having a virtual gig. The technology is cool as... but what's the point

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58423452.amp
Flashheart

« Reply #35337 on: Friday, September 3, 2021, 10:55:56 »

I don't understand why some people feel the need to add a picture of themselves all the bloody time on social media.

On Facebook: "Rough day at work today" (Selfie of them at work)

WHY?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #35338 on: Friday, September 3, 2021, 10:57:32 »

Where's Wally?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #35339 on: Friday, September 3, 2021, 11:00:12 »

I don't understand why some people feel the need to add a picture of themselves all the bloody time on social media.

On Facebook: "Rough day at work today" (Selfie of them at work)

WHY?

Lacking in self esteem and need reassurance from the likes they get😂

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 2353 2354 2355 [2356] 2357 2358 2359 ... 2658   Go Up
Print
Jump to: