Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust look to buy the CG  (Read 396045 times)
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #1350 on: Monday, July 17, 2023, 12:49:08 »

Hello Bob

No... not yet although I have emailed the Supporters club again.

DOB is currently overseas and is unable to help unfortunately.

If you know anyone would be very grateful Cheers
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1351 on: Monday, July 17, 2023, 13:03:16 »

Hello Bob

No... not yet although I have emailed the Supporters club again.

DOB is currently overseas and is unable to help unfortunately.

If you know anyone would be very grateful Cheers

Would have thought that SAS Travel would still have spaces.

Failing that our bullet trains will get you there in no time!
If the drivers are not on strike that is.

Hope you make it & are full of positivity afterwards.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1352 on: Monday, July 17, 2023, 13:04:35 »

Have a 9k home attendance base... Sponsorship deals far more than in previous years.

'Cos we are no operating in a division where a fair few clubs have very wealthy owners with very deep pockets meaning that the clubs can operate at a hefty loss, Clem may have deep pockets compared to the rest of us but compared to many owners in this division he is now small fry. In the big scheme of things for many clubs funding attendances mean feck all.

Clem Morfuni was singing and dancing with all the bells and whistles when he wanted to sell his story.

'Cos there is nothing to really say at the moment I suspect (Along with a realisation that anything that is said is met with cynicism at best), the team building is with the manager who is speaking, he may have overdone it at the start but do owners and chairman actually say much unless they are attention seekers like the guy from Posh, IIRC Chelsea fans never actually heard Abramovich's voice.

Horrible thing is.... he has basically got control over the CG as well. If his football club default on any rent / lease payments how are the Supporters club going to fund the on going payments.  

50% JV's are great whilst all parties are on the same page. However things change and normally it ends with disappointment and tears.

Just hope the lawyers have got some excellent clauses that will eliminate my concerns moving forward.    

Why are the Supporters Club going to start paying the rent on the ground if the club stop paying it? Equally how does he have control, its a 50-50 split, looking at it, its lawyered up to the bollocks.

Clem Morfuni has got another million pounds out of the Swindon economy and it will secure the revenue stream for his football club even more.  

Eh??
« Last Edit: Monday, July 17, 2023, 13:06:43 by horlock07 » Logged
DMC

« Reply #1353 on: Monday, July 17, 2023, 13:08:42 »

Problem is Horlock that will be going around as fact in the next few days.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1354 on: Monday, July 17, 2023, 13:10:29 »

Twitter has a lot to do with this kind of thing. Give people a voice and they go absolutely batshit bonkers.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1355 on: Monday, July 17, 2023, 13:13:38 »

I see my taking the piss about Otis Khan on here now seems to have become some sort of legit rumour, I can see why Tans does it now! Perhaps I should start posting some of the real legit rumours I've heard about what Power is up to and really sets the hares off!!

Twitter has a lot to do with this kind of thing. Give people a voice and they go absolutely batshit bonkers.

TBF here is getting little better than Twitter/Facebook these days.

Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #1356 on: Monday, July 17, 2023, 13:39:26 »

Horlock

Town supporters investing 1/2 of the price of the County Ground 1 x million pounds.plus

The ongoing lease / rental will be less that the Football club than it is currently paying.

I am sure the the ongoing costs for the ground will be shared by the JV partners.

Who will gain financially.... The football club which its owner will say thank you very much.

Who is the owner Huh?
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1357 on: Monday, July 17, 2023, 14:00:59 »

Horlock

Town supporters investing 1/2 of the price of the County Ground 1 x million pounds.plus

The ongoing lease / rental will be less that the Football club than it is currently paying.

I am sure the the ongoing costs for the ground will be shared by the JV partners.

Who will gain financially.... The football club which its owner will say thank you very much.

Who is the owner Huh?

Town supporters didn’t invest half the money, it all came from the Eady estate.

The club are paying 50% of the existing rent, which is being used by the trust on the ground maintenance or improvements.

Who gains, the football club, regardless of who the owner is.

I know you clearly have an axe to grind with the current owner, I’m assuming you would have preferred our previous owner to have got his hands on it 🤷🏼‍♂️
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #1358 on: Monday, July 17, 2023, 14:03:58 »

The club are paying 50% of the existing rent, which is being used by the trust on the ground maintenance or improvements.

I know you clearly have an axe to grind with the current owner, I’m assuming you would have preferred our previous owner to have got his hands on it 🤷🏼‍♂️

"Better than Power" shouldn't be the bar that we ask our owners to successfully sail over.

Incidentally the Trust and much of the fanbase were happy for the previous owner to get his hands on the ground...

joeydubya

Ignore
« Reply #1359 on: Monday, July 17, 2023, 14:12:17 »

"Better than Power" shouldn't be the bar that we ask our owners to successfully sail over.

Incidentally the Trust and much of the fanbase were happy for the previous owner to get his hands on the ground...

This process, the 50/50 ownership and Morfuni's advanced involvement alongside the Trust started under Power.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1360 on: Monday, July 17, 2023, 14:19:09 »

50% of the ground?
Albeit the Eady Trust may well have shied away & the funding for Trust's half would have been very different, but at least some degree of confidence that one of the parties would have been able to fulfil their side of any bargain.
Looking at it now, doesn't bear thinking about in terms of LP's involvement.
Is there a can of worms emoji?

Also bearing in mind LP's initial refusal to engage.
Easy to understand that the subsequent u turn might have been seen as a positive by some.
« Last Edit: Monday, July 17, 2023, 14:22:50 by Wobbly Bob » Logged

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #1361 on: Monday, July 17, 2023, 14:21:59 »

Posh... Please understand I don't have an axe to grind with anyone. In fact when Clem Morfuni first joined to fold and managed to remove Lee Power from the club he had my support along with most supporters I am sure.

Since then the bubble seems to have burst. Well that not true simply seems to have a slow puncture so to speak.

It's just so frustrating to see the club gently go from bad to worse. Players choosing to play non league football than for STFC.

Teams like Cheltenham and last year FGR in higher leagues than us. Thank goodness Hungerford Chippenham and Oxford City are not that good.

We are now getting conditioned to be a division 4 team.

Look at this years fixtures.... tell me that you are confident of a top 7 finish. Mid table at best and yes I really hope I am wrong.      
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #1362 on: Monday, July 17, 2023, 14:30:24 »

Its fantastic the Mr Eady trust money has been used for the betterment of Swindon football and I am sure that is what he would have intended.

However, I would doubt he would have enjoyed watching Swindon playing Division 4 football.

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1363 on: Monday, July 17, 2023, 14:34:04 »

Fucking happy clapper with your facts and such nonsense!  Wink
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1364 on: Monday, July 17, 2023, 14:44:35 »

Fucking happy clapper with your facts and such nonsense!  Wink

Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: