Pages: 1 ... 826 827 828 [829] 830 831 832 ... 848   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1227700 times)
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #12420 on: Monday, April 22, 2024, 08:56:51 »

No, he owned QPR from 96-01

The hope for this week is that someone comes out with evidence that this might be real and a ray of light emerges.

It's that end of the scale, or the opposite with a Gunning appointment.

Morfuni is coming here for a reason, you would think.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #12421 on: Monday, April 22, 2024, 09:25:12 »

He's coming to personally oversee the transfer window of course

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #12422 on: Monday, April 22, 2024, 09:25:16 »

Morfuni is coming here for a reason, you would think.

To tell us he knows it’s been a bad season and understands the fans frustrations, everyone makes mistakes, the budget will be there next season, blah blah blah.

Rinse and repeat.

He’s here to try and shift season tickets is my guess, by promising the world and some fans will buy it.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #12423 on: Monday, April 22, 2024, 09:34:09 »

Be some silly video again wont it.

Waste of time
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #12424 on: Monday, April 22, 2024, 09:34:25 »

I expect to hear the word 'look' get used on multiple occasions...and we may get un update on the Merc parked on Lee Power's driveway somewhere in Switzerland... i.e it's still there...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #12425 on: Monday, April 22, 2024, 09:51:00 »

I expect to hear the word 'look' get used on multiple occasions...and we may get un update on the Merc parked on Lee Power's driveway somewhere in Switzerland... i.e it's still there...

Perhaps they are going to convert the mercedes into a childrens play area for the fanzone?

I have never heard of something to take so long to sort out. Was obvioulsy leased in the clubs name, so they are liable, just pay the fucking thing off
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #12426 on: Monday, April 22, 2024, 10:17:41 »

To tell us he knows it’s been a bad season and understands the fans frustrations, everyone makes mistakes, the budget will be there next season, blah blah blah.

Rinse and repeat.

He’s here to try and shift season tickets is my guess, by promising the world and some fans will buy it.

I think myself, and many fans were hopeful last season when we appointed Flynn and Clem stated we'd have a 'competitive budget', via Rob Angus. But given what's happened this season both on and off the field surely the only people he has left are the people that won't hear a bad word about him, and the fans that would buy season tickets regardless. I suspect that number is going to be circa 3k, which means of course we can't possibly have a competitive budget and it becomes the fault of the fans not putting their hands in their pockets.

If it's true we're going to appoint Gunning and Shan, we don't even have a (it's all relative) decent managerial appointment to try and get behind. He's probably going to try and use the Fanzone/statue play as some kind of foundation that they are putting in the hard yards behind the scenes, but the fact of the matter is the plans have already been dismissed as half-hearted anyway by the council. (not sure they used those words mind)

I wait with baited breath what Clem and Anthony Hall have up their sleeves, I have a feeling it won't be anything positive. He probably thinks re-signing Ben Gladwin will get fans salivating. (i've made that up fwiw)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #12427 on: Monday, April 22, 2024, 10:31:49 »

Who knows, but the apathy from the owner/ceo is deafening right now.

We had a shit season last season, but on the last day of the season 10.5k people turned up to watch a nothing game against Crawley!

I hope people turn up in the same number on Sat and really make their feelings known, because it would seem to be the only time the fans can show Clem their feelings at all.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #12428 on: Monday, April 22, 2024, 11:18:09 »

Not the ideal way to do the reveal though

Pretty fitting for the way the club is going at the moment though.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #12429 on: Monday, April 22, 2024, 11:21:16 »

The big reveal of the statue does appear to have a noose around Don's neck.

If we agree that he represents much of the good in our club, is hardly ideal, but rather poetic.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #12430 on: Monday, April 22, 2024, 11:21:56 »

It seems a bit… meh. Fencing off an area and throwing up a timber cabin (for some reason) isn’t hugely inspiring.

I'd genuinely rather the owners abandoned everything and all plans at this point.

Whatever they are going to do will be completely substandard, so lets kick the can down the road for a more capable ownership as new owners will just scrap whatever these jokers do anyway.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #12431 on: Monday, April 22, 2024, 11:25:54 »

Rinse and repeat.

Its fucking painful just how dense some of our fans are. I was getting abuse for saying this a year or two ago but even I didn't imagine we'd be where we are now and Clem would still have a significant fan club.

Idiocy beyond belief.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #12432 on: Monday, April 22, 2024, 11:37:47 »

Is it a fan zone, or a free fan zone?!

In any case the planning issue isn't really the statue.
Fan-free zone, I reckon!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #12433 on: Monday, April 22, 2024, 12:45:18 »

Fan-free zone, I reckon!

Bit like the gigs this summer then I suspect. Wonder how many tickets they've sold. I reckon about 6/700 at best.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #12434 on: Monday, April 22, 2024, 12:51:59 »

Bit like the gigs this summer then I suspect. Wonder how many tickets they've sold. I reckon about 6/700 at best.

3.5k as of 4th April.

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2024/april/swindon-towns-two-day-music-concert-is-just-around-the-corner/

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 826 827 828 [829] 830 831 832 ... 848   Go Up
Print
Jump to: