Pages: 1 ... 815 816 817 [818] 819 820 821 ... 848   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1227790 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12255 on: Friday, April 12, 2024, 15:36:54 »

If we get Gunning we must also shackle Shan.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #12256 on: Friday, April 12, 2024, 16:00:49 »

I was there last night, was a decent night.  Had a few beers with Ginginho and sat next to Sean McGurk for dinner, what a nice lad.  Had a good chat, and he is very excited and motivated for next year and wants to make his mark with us, if the club take up the "option".

Ging was sat next to FBT on our table also, some interesting conversations.

FBT was very open and he won't be here next season, he's already told them he wants to leave.
However the club have an option on him, so could trigger it (which i'm sure they will) to get a fee.

Shame as he would almost certainly be happy to stay, he said the way the club is being run is a joke and Gunning shouldn't be anywhere near the managers job.

He was full of praise for Shan and thinks the recent upturn in results is down to him and his attention to detail.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #12257 on: Friday, April 12, 2024, 16:30:30 »

We spent the 2nd lowest on agent fees for this season. Our £23k total is less than 10% of FGR's £260k.

...and Chelsea spent c£410m  Roll Eyes

From c£23k to c£410m and yet both teams embroiled in some Abramovich jiggery pokery   Huh?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #12258 on: Friday, April 12, 2024, 18:38:47 »

Not quite, the total Premier League spend was £410m, Chelsea spent £75m of that. Obscene nonetheless.
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #12259 on: Friday, April 12, 2024, 21:03:58 »

Sorry if I missed it, anyone else seen the training video today? What a fucking disgrace that training ground is.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #12260 on: Friday, April 12, 2024, 22:26:21 »

Seen scrap yards that look in better condition than that training ground.

Fucking shambles
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #12261 on: Friday, April 12, 2024, 23:00:55 »

Sorry if I missed it, anyone else seen the training video today? What a fucking disgrace that training ground is.

Pitches are good. Facilities are good. There will be teams in the bottom 2 divisions who train on worse.
Clearly the entrance way to the pitches is a bit of a dumping ground but if that video edits off the first 30 seconds and goes straight into the actual training footage no one says a thing…
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #12262 on: Saturday, April 13, 2024, 03:14:29 »

**Health Warning - you will NOT like this idea/team/people**

For all those who often use the line - "where are the queues of people waiting to invest?", or "why would anyone want to invest in a L2 Club when they lose money?".

The following shows, even if not an idea you can get behind, that all manner of people with more money than sense fancy having a play.....

https://www.realbedford.com/news/winklevoss-twins-to-invest-45m-into-real-bedford-football-club

Regardless of the background, can we tap up their Operations team?....

https://www.realbedford.com/strategic-plan
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #12263 on: Saturday, April 13, 2024, 05:32:54 »

Pitches are good. Facilities are good. There will be teams in the bottom 2 divisions who train on worse.
Clearly the entrance way to the pitches is a bit of a dumping ground but if that video edits off the first 30 seconds and goes straight into the actual training footage no one says a thing…

Surely someone at the club looks at that video and thinks “people already believe we are tinpot, just cut out the shipping containers bit” then that video just becomes normal content that no one bats an eyelid at. Now it will become another Rolex clock image for people to point out. They really do not help themselves.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12264 on: Saturday, April 13, 2024, 05:45:11 »

Just looked at it. Blimey. Is that Bevesrbrook? My son has played there and I don't remember it looking so shabby. Also didn't really recognise it
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #12265 on: Saturday, April 13, 2024, 07:11:50 »

**Health Warning - you will NOT like this idea/team/people**

For all those who often use the line - "where are the queues of people waiting to invest?", or "why would anyone want to invest in a L2 Club when they lose money?".

The following shows, even if not an idea you can get behind, that all manner of people with more money than sense fancy having a play.....

https://www.realbedford.com/news/winklevoss-twins-to-invest-45m-into-real-bedford-football-club

Regardless of the background, can we tap up their Operations team?....

https://www.realbedford.com/strategic-plan

Crypto Bros ownership, always gonna attract likeminded folk.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #12266 on: Saturday, April 13, 2024, 10:50:47 »

Presumably that also means one game in four not kicking off at 3pm on a Saturday?

Few Friday night games a year would be quite nice. Maybe a later kick off on a Saturday too I'd be up for.

You know, if we get new owners and I start going again of course.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #12267 on: Saturday, April 13, 2024, 10:52:08 »

Yep, he was very open about the current situation, probably because he has nothing to lose.  One thing is clear, he won't be here next season unless they appoint a decent manager and start to show ambition as a club, which means he won't be here next season.  Wants to stay, but not under current circumstances.

Wish some of the Clem lemmings could hear what he has to say first hand. Probably still wouldn't open their eyes.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #12268 on: Saturday, April 13, 2024, 10:54:07 »

I understand this take, but disagree. I think we often under estimate how much influence a manager/head coach has.

Also statistically not the worst defense in our history either.

But he played in a kamikaze formation under Flynn, and now plays for an idiot in Gunning. I can't over state how much i have heard about how bad gunning is as the man in control.

I don't see we get much better than a FBT in league 2 honestly.

Yeah our defense while being a shambles in itself, you have to put some stock in to the last few managers outright refusal to recognise a need for a DCM.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #12269 on: Saturday, April 13, 2024, 10:57:18 »

It’s interesting to hear FBT’s perspective- I don’t doubt it’s true. But it does seem unprofessional to be slagging off your employer when you’re on work duty. Probably for the best all round if he’s going.

Not when your employer is Clem.

I wish more of our players would speak out and help the drips take their rose tinted glasses off.
Pages: 1 ... 815 816 817 [818] 819 820 821 ... 848   Go Up
Print
Jump to: